Will BTS achieve what the Backstreet Boys have accomplished?

Pikachoo

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

They were vastly bigger than 1D :rip: They sold like 70 million albums in 3-4 years. Easily one of the biggest peaks of all time.

Well yes they were bigger, that's what I said KJNLKM

21 minutes ago, AMX said:

The haven't had a mega smashs like BSB did. BSB was before my time but even I know their hits. 

BTS is pretty niche. Even their sold out shows in LA was repeated attendance of their fanbase and their plus ones.  

There's a massive demand for bts concert tickets, they sell out in seconds. If it was the same people attending multiple days, that wouldn't explain the extortionate prices the tickets resell at. :deadbanana2:

& BTS don't have hits as big as the BSB but neither do any of the other boygroups that debuted after them, not even 1D.

BSB debuted in the era of boygroups. 

BTS debuted & still became this successful despite the fact there isn't a market for boygroups anymore. And they aren't even english speakers. They're truly an anomaly :clap3:

This is disrespectful to the Backstreet Boys, and I like BTS.

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

:rip: 

They performed for stadium-sized crowds….outside of their hotel

8:40

So wild omg :jonnycat:

BSB were very western niched while BTS is big in Asia and in these western countries that BSB dominated 

you can't say the same about BSB in Asia tho 

55 minutes ago, torimin said:

BSB were very western niched while BTS is big in Asia and in these western countries that BSB dominated 

I hope you delete this :priceless:

They were huge in Asia especially Japan :rip:

5 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

Dynamite? 

lmao

OT: No, they haven't even had an organic huge hit in the U.S, they can't serve longevity now, so how could they in 20 years

1 hour ago, torimin said:

BSB have several multiplatinum albums in Japan + a Million selling one :rip: They certainly weren't unknown in Asia 

Realisticly No. But their fandom maybe trick and convince people to believe it in the long run. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.