Will BTS achieve what the Backstreet Boys have accomplished?

Pikachoo

The Backstreet Boys is coming up on their 30-year anniversary in 1993.

Some members have come and gone along the way (AJ entered rehab for a bit, Kevin left the group for 5 years), but they are still standing and thriving.

1. will BTS have their longevity?

2. will they be able to do in 30 years what BSB does now? sell out arenas on every continent (as their last tour did) and still go #1? (like their last album did)

I don’t think BTS will have a song as iconic as I want it that way or Everybody. But they definitely will be remembered for having a fandom that’s the biggest in the world. 

Just now, Dula Peep said:

BTS have yet to score an iconic hit so no

Dynamite? 

:bibliahh:

BSB have so many classics tho. Let's start with that first 

Backstreet Boys have multiple global classic songs. BTS don't have one song so far that will be remotely on the level of "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" or "I Want It That Way", not even "As Long As You Love Me" or "Quit Playing Games (with My Heart)"...so...... no.

24 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Dynamite? 

I can't speak for Asian countries, but in Europe/North America, absolutely not. That was the definition of a quick lil single.

They have the biggest and most loyal global fanbase so I think they can, did the backstreet boys tour stadiums or arenas during their prime?

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I can't speak for Asian countries, but in Europe/North America, absolutely not. That was the definition of a quick lil single.

It had insane logevity in global spotify/am tho and I think it outlasted other big hits like wap

48 minutes ago, ArmyBlink said:

did the backstreet boys tour stadiums or arenas during their prime?

They did yes.

They were in the prime bigger than NSYNC and even One Direction in terms of their pull and their cultural power. 

54 minutes ago, ArmyBlink said:

They have the biggest and most loyal global fanbase so I think they can, did the backstreet boys tour stadiums or arenas during their prime?

:rip: 

They performed for stadium-sized crowds….outside of their hotel

8:40

The idea of BTS still being a thing in twenty years :skull: hopefully their deals as idols are a little bit more lucrative than western celebs so they can retire

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

They did yes.

They were in the prime bigger than NSYNC and even One Direction in terms of their pull and their cultural power. 

They were vastly bigger than 1D :rip: They sold like 70 million albums in 3-4 years. Easily one of the biggest peaks of all time.

15 minutes ago, Tropez said:

BTS already surpassed them. 

While they most definitely do not have the kind of global classic hit songs that BSB have, they are only 11M units away from their total so they will pass them sometime soon, yes. However it must be noted the majority of that comes from Korea which skews their results, vs BSB who were much more balanced around the globe. But BTS's success is extraordinary even if it's more limited to their niche fanbase. It's a HUGE niche. Their success is similar to heavy metal bands in that sense, most of the public only know maybe one or two Metallica songs, but their success is massive regardless. 

1 hour ago, ArmyBlink said:

did the backstreet boys tour stadiums or arenas during their prime?

Even WAY past their prime, they are currently on an arena/stadium tour with 190 dates (and more incoming), when next year is their 30th anniversary as a group :rip:

The haven't had a mega smashs like BSB did. BSB was before my time but even I know their hits. 

BTS is pretty niche. Even their sold out shows in LA was repeated attendance of their fanbase and their plus ones.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.