Who are Dua's peers?

drivers license

Camila stans, don't you have some Ava Max stans to fight instead of going after girls with successful & acclaimed SONGS, ALBUMS, and TOURS.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

Edited by State of Grace.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Bloodflowers.

• ariananext

• EnigmaticAndroid

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Camila stans, don't you have some Ava Max stans to fight instead of going after girls with successful & acclaimed SONGS, ALBUMS, and TOURS.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

Id be mad too if I saw Cold Heart getting yet another Wind, probably outliving BamBam sooner or later 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

35 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Her peer was Camila but she bombed so hard that Dua is left with no competition. All of Dua's peers now are left behind, last being relevant during Trump's administration term.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

i wonder who? since other girls seem to have hits on THREE different terms

B4F_lprIcAA1LG9.jpg

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

but you know what... since we are friends unlike the other trolls, the more people say this the more i'm believing the receipts presented that she's on her own league AKA no peers.

makes me wonder why some of her stans get bothered & choose to send hate to other artists successful like her.

zein.thumb.png.904e95c82a3c286de1cbe7a68

not people saying Taylor when she debuted earlier than even Gaga and Katy 

i guess people will think you’re recent when you’ve always been the IT girl since your debut :celestial6:

Edited by Taylucifer

32 minutes ago, Prison said:

Camila and Halsey

waiT. you kinda have a point with Halsey

in 2015 Dua scored her first massive hit Be the One while Halsey released her debut album

it used to be Zara Larsson, Bebe Rexha and Tove Lo but she surpassed them all

She’s kinda like Ariana in that everyone that debuted around the same time as her has since fallen off (i.e. Camila, Zara, etc.) so there’s not anyone at the moment to compare her to. Halsey and Billie are the closest people she has that could be considered peers but I feel like their output is so different from Dua’s. 

1 hour ago, private radio said:

a couple just said she's Taylor with the "hits", maybe you should stop looking the other way how your fanbase trolls 24/7

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

That user is obviously trolling

Her peers are at least artists who can headline a successful tour, so not Camila I fear 

At this point, she doesn't really have a peer. The best known peer at one point was Zara Larsson,  both young, pretty European girls who smashed in their home country before spreading worldwide. However, Zara quickly burnrd out while Dua continued to have a vision.

At one point, you couldn't go a week without people comparing the two or claiming Zara would have more potential, but now all of Zara's stans simply disappeared.

Why are camila stans so ******* BOTHERED by Dua? Didn’t your fav just release a new album the priorities are not right :bibliahh:

Pop girls without: 

1# singles and albums on Billboard 

#1 IFPI global single 

Diamond certified US single

6 hours ago, private radio said:

i should be expecting 25 and Music Box numbers on her 3rd album then :clap3:

At the very least it will do more than 27k :clap3:

---

Dua is sorta in her own lane by default. She's stomping most of the girls came up around the time she did (Camila fell into irrelevancy with her 2nd album for example) and the people she's commercially comparable to are too different artistically for the comparison to work (ie. Doja)

3 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

it used to be Zara Larsson, Bebe Rexha and Tove Lo but she surpassed them all

I kinda forgot Tove debuted in 2013/2014 :skull:

but yeah, this 

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

Pop girls with: 

More than 1 solo hit

More than 1 album with a single Top 10 hit

A Grammy win

Fixed :gayalipacat3:

6 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

It’s hard to place her since she is one of the new girls who is genuinely slaying, which none of the others who came out around her time are. She kinda occupies her own zone.

This. The Camila comparisons seem odd at this point but Camila and Dua were the only ones who debuted and had some kind of success around a time when pop was dead. We know the rest of the story so Dua now is kinda in her own zone since there's no other one who debuted at the same time doing it like her.

It also depends what do we get by 'peers'. To call someone Dua's peer I'm guessing it has to be someone who debuted around the same time, who appeals to the same audience, and who does similar music. 

There's no way in saying she's peers with Beyoncé, Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor, Katy and Britney since they debuted way earlier than her. Billie could apply, but they do different types of music and appeal to different audiences. There are other girls whi debuted at the same time as Dua and do similar music, but she's way above them already.

28 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

At the very least it will do more than 27k :clap3:

---

Dua is sorta in her own lane by default. She's stomping most of the girls came up around the time she did (Camila fell into irrelevancy with her 2nd album for example) and the people she's commercially comparable to are too different artistically for the comparison to work (ie. Doja)

aww y'all should aim higher than that since she's up there with the big icons now! for sure opening like Ariana's sweetener/tun is doable without lifting a finger since Dua is coming off of her My Everything era :clap3:

but anyway, i see what you mean with her having her own lane. she had label backing (white privilege) willing to fund years of radio campaign, but that said privilege wouldn't give her the kind of creativity and vision someone like Doja has. oh well good for her being that available pop girl to fill the gaps--there are lots of playlists to fill H&M now that retail & non-online stores have been back in full force :clap3:

Doja 

billie

liv

normani

youkneekorn

Olivia, Billie etc 

Not to be negative but much like her fave, she will get Katy Perry’d in a few years. Enjoy all this success while it lasts. 

2 hours ago, youkneekorn said:

Not to be negative but much like her fave, she will get Katy Perry’d in a few years. Enjoy all this success while it lasts. 

who said katy perry is her fave? :rip:

I’m not kidding I see this exact thread title posted like 6 times a month. Can y’all come up w something else pls??

Dua debuted 2015- first big hit 2017 - more hits in 2018 debut album 2017

Zara - lush life 2015- more hits in 2017 - debut album 2017

Bebe MM&I 2015 - 2018 more hits - debut in 2018

Anne Marie first hit 2016- more hits 2018 - debut in 2018

Camila solo debut 2017 - hits in 2018 - debut in 2018

halsey debut in 2015 - more hits in 2017 - released album in 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.