Why Are Older Pop Girl Stan Wars + Discussions Better Than The New?

raven

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Because y’all are just making anyone famous these days. There are no real actual celebrities anymore.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Planet Mars

• My Tears Ricochet

• BGXKB

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just "acts". 90s and 00s popstars are celebrities and pop culture was made everyday. Today is kinda boring but we have to let go all the drama and stop piting women against women.

older pop girl stans are more unhinged 

Maybe cause billie's and olivia's kind of music is making them sleep.

45 minutes ago, Companion said:

If you want stan wars and drama get into K-Pop :flower2:

Dont do that :rip:

The new girlies are boring :deadbanana4: what is Olivia's personality? What's Dua's? All of them are just instagram models, and then there's also Billie Eilish. Doja seems like the only one with a personality.

The newer ones are dreadful talking about chart peaks and sales totals and nothing else because there is no way to gauge impact or influence for someone who debuted less than 5 years ago. :michael:

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

Because y’all are just making anyone famous these days. There are no real actual celebrities anymore.

Good, we don’t need celebrities, we need good artists 

OT: it has nothing to do with artists being boring, that’s not true, it’s cause:

A) artists nowadays don’t want to beef or are scared of getting canceled so they don’t attack or shade other artists 

B) the popstar culture is kinda dead

C) the new pop girls still don’t have big fan bases, it’s more common for Britney fans to fight Xtina fans cause they already have stablished big fan bases, unlike let’s say Olivia or Doja 

D) most people here stan the pop girls who are past their prime, they don’t have other things to focus but stan wars, however, there’s still stan wars for the new pop girls just not on ATRL, go to Twitter and you’ll see Billie stans fighting Olivia starts 

And once again another thread to prove that this forum is stuck in 2011 :rip:

There's no difference, y'all are just older and pay less attention. Dua, Doja, SZA, Megan, Billie, Olivia etc. get just as much conversation on Twitter as any of the older girls, their stans bicker and fight and they have entire stan pages dedicated to reporting stats and other info.

Most of the girls you all can't let go of are pushing 40 (or already in there) with kids and haven't put out an album in ages so the Millennial gays are mad about it. It's a new generation, get over it. 

BTW I'm 26 and pop music is FAR more interesting now than it was 10 years ago when I was in HS and every song on the radio was by Max Martin or Dr. Luke, yuck.

Edited by Planet Mars

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

There's no difference, y'all are just older and pay less attention. Dua, Doja, SZA, Megan, Billie, Olivia etc. get just as much conversation on Twitter as any of the older girls, their stand bicker and fight and they have entire Stan pages dedicated to reporting stats and other info.

Most of the girls you all can't let go of are pushing 40 (or already in there) with kids and haven't put out an album in ages so the Millennial gays are mad about it. It's a new generation, get over it. 

BTW I'm 26 and pop music is FAR more interesting now than it was 10 years ago when I was in HS and every song on the radio was by Max Martin or Dr. Luke, yuck.

:clap3:

Because Olivia has no competition, Dua remained useless without heavy pu$h :giraffe:

9 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Good, we don’t need celebrities, we need good artists 

Ok, where are the artists then???

where-wherearethey.gif

we had celebrities because we used to have real stars and amazing artists. Today we only have mediocre people skipping on stage and the tragedy is they don’t even have good music nor are they even nice to look at.

cause the new girls are kinda just in their own lane, i mean how are you gonna compare olivia to doja or billie to dua? katy and gaga were the biggest faces of pop at their time so it was always a war of who was the best at being the biggest.

56 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

BTW I'm 26 and pop music is FAR more interesting now than it was 10 years ago when I was in HS

Lmao

Streaming makes sales less interesting and most new artists barely have talent or accomplishments to their name.  

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

There's no difference, y'all are just older and pay less attention. Dua, Doja, SZA, Megan, Billie, Olivia etc. get just as much conversation on Twitter as any of the older girls, their stans bicker and fight and they have entire stan pages dedicated to reporting stats and other info.

But like, it’s also just less interesting to talk about girls with less than three albums??? For all we know, every single one of them could be a one era wonder. :michael:

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

This is totally not true

1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Lmao

Lol, you prefer the days of Pitbull, Flo Rida and Maroon 5? :rip:

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

Lol, you prefer the days of Pitbull, Flo Rida and Maroon 5? :rip:

Wow, you were only listening to these 3 back in 2012? How sad!

8 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Wow, you were only listening to these 3 back in 2012? How sad!

I'm clearly referring to popular music :rip:

The charts today are far more interesting and diverse than they were 10 years ago. That's what I meant. 

Even then what's not mainstream is even better now than before imo. We're living in an interesting musical era.

Edited by Planet Mars

Because the new stan wars are BTS vs music and nicki vs. her career 

OT - the new girls just don't have the personality / excitement, they don't have an iconic image or presence (billie briefly did), fanbases are still fickle and haven't really formed. 

Y’all say it like it’s a bad thing. Stan wars are toxic af and while are entertaining for catty users, it’s a form of cyber bullying and many times leads to name calling and personal attacks on both the Stans and the pop stars they’re  arguing about 

17 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

I'm clearly referring to popular music :rip:

The charts today are far more interesting and diverse than they were 10 years ago. That's what I meant

Lol, that must be why the same 10 songs released months/years ago stagnating the charts and catalogue sales eclipsing new music consumption.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.