Adele dumps creative team behind Vegas residency, hires new one

Assassin

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

If that were the case and she were able to pull it off, all the power to her. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to pull it off, and her fans were left in the lurch because she decided it would be better to cancel the shows altogether rather than put on a more stripped-back, intimate performance and still issue partial refunds or something. I just don't think the way this has been handled has been very professional, and I don't think that opinion is invalid. :michael:

Obviously she handled it horrible and shouldn’t have canceled.

But saying that her show should be the easiest to plan and produce as if she can’t have big production is just not it nn.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• GraceRandolph

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Oktober Knight

10 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

This only proves how out of touch some haters are, tbh. Adele is providing refunds.

These haters not knowing how putting on a show works. :bibliahh:

The one saying 30 is another version of 25. People are really deaf.

:clap3:

Also anyone saying 30 is like her prior albums are really just haters and haven't given her work an actual listen :skull:

13 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

This only proves how out of touch some haters are, tbh. Adele is providing refunds.

These haters not knowing how putting on a show works. :bibliahh:

The one saying 30 is another version of 25. People are really deaf.

Did she provide refunds for flights and hotels too? That is the main cost.

this was really a catastrophic mess :gaycat6:

i'd say it could've been avoided in the first place because she doesn't really need much theatrics that is worth some drama over a touring creative team, but that part that is unavoidable is anxiety or what she's dealing that she isn't ready to go public because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. hell, we don't even really know the behind the scenes happening :skull:

When people find out she’s the problem, then what?

ouEjBgf.gif

9 hours ago, Buddy said:

Change the narrative now.

17 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

This idiot not knowing how to read.  Literally my comments and a majority of the others you felt the need to quote praised the fact she can run a show on talent alone without all the bs that comes with it. Log off and have a nap. "Out of touch" indeed :toofunny3:

The out of touch part wasn't for you. Seems like it is you the one who lacks reading comprenhension.

There's a reason why that response is above your comment. :bibliahh:

Why is she demanding that much from a creative team when her whole schtick is simplicity? Most of her catalogue consists of her performing with nothing but a pedestal and a chair… (not that it’s a bad thing, it’s what people will pay to see)

17 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

The irony of it all :ahh: like what is so "creative" abou her performances :ahh: doesnt she just stand/sit ? :ahh:

She needs a creative team so stuff like this won't happen:

RWk5nHg.gif

Edited by abrahamjmr

1 minute ago, abrahamjmr said:

RWk5nHg.gif

Now you're making fun of a woman with fibromyalgia? I wonder what Adele would've looked like trying to do that (or anything remotely close to Gaga) before she'd lost her weight and gotten a divorce. She'd probably throw a fit and fire the dancer or quit it altogether seeing as she has been exposed as a diva. Quit coming for hardworking women when your fav takes years and years to come up with the schlocky breakup albums that are now basically her whole discography.

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Now you're making fun of a woman with fibromyalgia? I wonder what Adele would've looked like trying to do that (or anything remotely close to Gaga) before she'd lost her weight and gotten a divorce. She'd probably throw a fit and fire the dancer or quit it altogether seeing as she has been exposed as a diva. Quit coming for hardworking women when your fav takes years and years to come up with the schlocky breakup albums that are now basically her whole discography.

Someone's triggered. Are you going to start playing victim this quick, little monster? Your fellow monster was the one breaking their hip to drag Adele for dumping her creative team as if it didn't take one to put a show together, even if it's an Adele one. And no, I'm pretty sure my fave would not try to do something to end up looking ridiculous because she knows her limits. Those breakup albums that ended up being bigger than anything Lady Gaga has released in the past six years - let us not forget Easy On Me is a solo song, hit #1 for ten weeks and didn't need discounts nor gimmicks to go #1. 

Edited by abrahamjmr

14 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Why is she demanding that much from a creative team when her whole schtick is simplicity? Most of her catalogue consists of her performing with nothing but a pedestal and a chair… (not that it’s a bad thing, it’s what people will pay to see)

Right? Just pick out a few nice dresses and quit the fussing over the details. Some people here and their nitpicking of Vegas residencies don't seem to understand that residencies aren't supposed to be full blown tours. They are simpler and are supposed to be easier for the artist as they don't require them to fly to different countries, so they are more geared toward the general public and casual fans. Just sing your hits.

2 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Someone's triggered. Are you going to start playing victim this quick, little monster? Your fellow monster was the one breaking their hip to drag Adele for dumping her creative team as if it didn't take one to put a show together, even if it's an Adele one. And no, I'm pretty sure my fave would not try to do something to end up looking ridiculous because she knows her limits. Those breakup albums that ended up being bigger than anything Lady Gaga has released in the past six years - let us not forget Easy On Me is a solo song, hit #1 for ten weeks and didn't need discounts nor gimmicks to go #1. 

Am I supposed to care? I'm not a success stan and wouldn't want to wait years for a mediocre breakup album from my fave. I'm sure Adele wouldn't do anything remotely outside of her comfort zone considering she routinely restarts performances if she messes up a word.

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Am I supposed to care? I'm not a success stan and wouldn't want to wait years for a mediocre breakup album from my fave. I'm sure Adele wouldn't do anything remotely outside of her comfort zone considering she routinely restarts performances if she messes up a word.

That mediocre album got higher than any Gaga album on Metacritic. 

She only did that once yet you are still stuck in early 2017. :bibliahh:

What else do you have, liddo? Of course you ain't a success stan anymore since you haven't heard about that since 2011.

Mediocre music? As if 2013-2020 hasn't happened in your fave's career.

Adele needs a creative team to get everything together, whether you like it or not. Funny you complain about her doing the same thing over and over again yet when she wants to change up a little bit, you're the first ones running to say she would look nice doing what she always does. Get it together. 

3 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

What else do you have, liddo? Of course you ain't a success stan anymore since you haven't heard about that since 2011.

Adele needs a creative team to get everything together, whether you like it or not. Funny you complain about her doing the same thing over and over again yet when she wants to change up a little bit, you're the first ones running to say she would look nice doing what she always does. Get it together. 

drag IT!

All of this has been so messy so far. :psyduck: That being said, I would still pay to see her live and I'm pretty sure she would sell out the biggest stadium in my country and every single country of Latinamerica. :jonnycat:

Edited by Roberto

Just now, abrahamjmr said:

Because critics are a joke these days and won't drag artists who are too beloved by the gp lol. Adele's first two albums got worse reception than a lot of Gaga's discography, but after the whole "relatable Bri'ish mum" schtick took hold the publications put on their kid gloves and started going easy as hell on her, and of course an album with voice notes of her crying and talking to her son will do better than Gaga's albums that are actually different from one another, and deeply personal without shoo horning in a bunch of bologna. Congrats on your SUCCESSFUL fav who can't keep a marriage or residency together. Hope you enjoy your 100 Metacritic!!!!1111!! album when it comes in 2030.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Because critics are a joke these days and won't drag artists who are too beloved by the gp lol. Adele's first two albums got worse reception than a lot of Gaga's discography, but after the whole "relatable Bri'ish mum" schtick took hold the publications put on their kid gloves and started going easy as hell on her, and of course an album with voice notes of her crying and talking to her son will do better than Gaga's albums that are actually different from one another, and deeply personal without shoo horning in a bunch of bologna. Congrats on your SUCCESSFUL fav who can't keep a marriage or residency together. Hope you enjoy your 100 Metacritic!!!!1111!! album when it comes in 2030.

Chromatica is a The Fame rehash. What was there to praise? :biblionny:

Gaga couldn't even crack an 80+ in the poptimism era. 

Those two albums lower than any Gaga album gave her GRAMMY in the general field, something certain someone has yet to win.

Either way, despite what y'all might think, she still needs a creative team for her residency and it seems she got one already.

Just now, abrahamjmr said:

Chromatica is a The Fame rehash. What was there to praise? :biblionny:

Okay, now you're just showing your lack of musical knowledge. The influences on Chromatica are 90s house and it has a few of the euro-pop influences of The Fame, but nothing on Chromatica would sound at home on The Fame.

Critics actually go in on Gaga, but I'd rather get truthful reviews and worse scores than have my fav get ridiculously inflated scores for her worst album.

LOL at that person bragging about Adele's GF Grammy wins when Adele herself admitted she didn't deserve her AOTY Grammy. :ahh:

Gonna be hilarious when the show eventually happens and it’s just another basic Adele show :dies:

10 hours ago, Buddy said:

Imagine if every single artist was responsible for covering the cost of travel and lodging for each ticket that was sold for a show that was canceled. :rip:

It's not realistic. 

1 hour ago, abrahamjmr said:

RWk5nHg.gif

Miles more impressive than sitting and standing :clap3:

34 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Imagine if every single artist was responsible for covering the cost of travel and lodging for each ticket that was sold for a show that was canceled. :rip:

It's not realistic. 

Then dont cancel your show last minute :gaycatney5: I am an Ariana fan but I will never forgive when she cancelled her tour last min in my hometown. So unprofessional.

15 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Then dont cancel your show last minute :gaycatney5: I am an Ariana fan but I will never forgive when she cancelled her tour last min in my hometown. So unprofessional.

Soooo many artists cancel at the last minute for being sick or for other unforseen reasons. Y'all act like Adele is the only one that fked over her fans. 

13 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Soooo many artists cancel at the last minute for being sick or for other unforseen reasons. Y'all act like Adele is the only one that fked over her fans. 

Your post actually makes it worse for Adele. She didnt cancel bcuz she was sick or any unforseen / unpredictable reasons. She cancelled bcuz she wanted to throw tantrums like a child last minute bcuz she didnt work closely, follow thru with the process. If she wanted sth to work the way she wants, she needed to be professional and not lazy. She showed up 1-2 days before and decided she didnt like the set and cancelled? Wtf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.