Adele dumps creative team behind Vegas residency, hires new one

Assassin

All this for a woman that stands in one spot moaning on. Girl. It’s not this deep. Get up on that stage and sing those blue eyed soul songs and move on. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• GraceRandolph

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Oktober Knight

QueenofCopyPaste

The replies here shows how ATRL is so so out of touch

16 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

The replies here shows how ATRL is so so out of touch

Out of touch like Adele is expecting her fans to spend money in the off-chance that the residency comes together this time?

1 hour ago, Dolce Vita said:

this whole thing is such a mess. firing and rehiring creative teams…for an ADELE concert :ahh: 

That’s the funny part :rip: People literally just want to see her stand there and sing 

30 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

All this for a woman that stands in one spot moaning on. Girl. It’s not this deep. Get up on that stage and sing those blue eyed soul songs and move on. 

This. I cannot help but think if she had stood/sat next to a piano/band not one attendee would be disappointed or have gone expecting anything different. She could have pulled this off without gimmicks and swimming pools and christ knows what else, won them over with her personality and left with a smooth, drama-less, acclaimed mini residency.  

1 hour ago, Dolce Vita said:

this whole thing is such a mess. firing and rehiring creative teams…for an ADELE concert :ahh: 

Right. Just put up a curtain, set up a mic and sing.

The fact it’s taking this long to put a show together makes no sense. Where is her drive 

4 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

This. I cannot help but think if she had stood/sat next to a piano/band not one attendee would be disappointed or have gone expecting anything different. She could have pulled this off without gimmicks and swimming pools and christ knows what else, won them over with her personality and left with a smooth, drama-less, acclaimed mini residency.  

Right? Live At Royal Albert Hall is one of the best selling live DVDs of the last decades and it was just her in a black dress with a band. It's the main reference point for an Adele live performance and the people who paid to see her in Vegas wanted that. No one is going to an Adele show for pyrotechnics. I get they are trying to change her image into a more Celine Dion diva esque spectacle thing, but it's a weird, unnecessary choice in the first place IMO especially when the music has gotten even more personal and intimate.

I believe the problem is Adele herself. She seems like such a perfectionist. That's why her new album took years to be released. Not sure if this new team will solve the problem. July is too soon. 

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

all this drama over creative direction when all she does is stand onstage, walk around, and sing. how hard is that to arrange? 

THIS

I remember when it was said she hated the previous vision because it had a big cast...like what did she think she was getting into, it is a VEGAS production!?

The nerve of her to get mad at her team for not being creative enough when she really went into the studio and recorded 25 2.0 

:deadbanana4:

They need to sue her her for a pretty penny and get paid handsomely! 

There's obviously sth deeper going on. Es Devlin is a very versatile artist, she's worked for nearly every artist under the sun, including Adele in the 25 era. Whether you have dancers or not, a huge/small stage, big props or just a screen, she has done everything. If Adele just wanted to sing on a blank stage with a tea mug next to her, Devlin would make it work... I'm really wondering why they had such a fallout, seems like huge communication issues.

I mean, she's a stubborn Taurus that wants everything to be perfect according to HER vision. Take That had several amazing productions so I'm sure this will slay. 

She literally could just put a piano, a seat, a mic, and a tea cup holder on the stage and she's set. :deadbanana2: Gurl, cancel this residency and start a world tour! 

31 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

There's obviously sth deeper going on. Es Devlin is a very versatile artist, she's worked for nearly every artist under the sun, including Adele in the 25 era. Whether you have dancers or not, a huge/small stage, big props or just a screen, she has done everything. If Adele just wanted to sing on a blank stage with a tea mug next to her, Devlin would make it work... I'm really wondering why they had such a fallout, seems like huge communication issues.

This. Es Devlin is literally one of the BEST in the business. I mean this woman has done freaking Olympics ceremonies and many many A list world tours. Designing an Adele concert is not exactly beyond her capabilities :skull:

I think the problem is with Adele and she has personal issues that aren't being made public. There was really no excuse for the Vegas show to be cancelled 24 hours before opening night. 

Also if she has fired the whole existing team, the show ain't coming in July, there's not enough time (unless the show has been massively scaled back/budget cut down). 

48 minutes ago, Sesame said:

and recorded 21 3.0 

ftfy

Honestly she obviously cares wayyyy too much. Like people just want you to stand in place and wail. It ain’t that serious queen

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

Right? Live At Royal Albert Hall is one of the best selling live DVDs of the last decades and it was just her in a black dress with a band. It's the main reference point for an Adele live performance and the people who paid to see her in Vegas wanted that. No one is going to an Adele show for pyrotechnics. I get they are trying to change her image into a more Celine Dion diva esque spectacle thing, but it's a weird, unnecessary choice in the first place IMO especially when the music has gotten even more personal and intimate.

This

I'm genuinely curious, but why did she need a whole creative team? Don't her concerts involve her sitting or standing still and simply singing for about 2 hours? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.