• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

Holy **** :chick3:

Not another FULL Trailer within a week though, what :deadbanana2: they're goin all out, chill

5 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Holy **** :chick3:

Not another FULL Trailer within a week though, what :deadbanana2: they're goin all out, chill

This trailer is soooo much better wow

Still no excuse for some of these Elves to have Elvis haircuts though

19 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Still no excuse for some of these Elves to have Elvis haircuts though

You know what I'm fine with the Elvis cut, It's the fade cut in middle earth I'll never get used to :deadbanana:  Elves from the 2nd Age were more metrosexuel than we thought I guess

But honestly I'm shooketh by so many things in this trailer I don't mind anymore, like the fuckin Balrog from Fellowship of the Ring? :eek:

that I never saw coming 

93ldhvhfu5d91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

the new trailer looks great :jonny5: i'm glad it actually looks like the original trilogy and not the hobbit

i just wish the casting was better :katie:

Wow, looks stunning. 

Sauron looks evil as f*ck.

“He has not one name but many.”

Chills.

The new trailer is fantastic. :jonny5:

Every time they're releasing a bit more of the show, it looks better and better. I'm starting to feel really good about this show and can't wait to see it!

I don't know why but I can't get myself to be excited for this, it looks so strange visually and the way the characters are speaking is odd. Will still watch it of course. 

I was hyped initially but after watching the trailer, I think this is going to be bad like The Hobbits :skull:

Hoping to be proven wrong. LOTR is my all time favorite fantasy movie. It's up there with Pan's Labyrinth and I hope Amazon doesn't ruin its legacy after what happened with The Hobbits :skull: 

I fear of the casting but the rest looks promising.

6 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Hoping to be proven wrong. LOTR is my all time favorite fantasy movie. It's up there with Pan's Labyrinth and I hope Amazon doesn't ruin its legacy after what happened with The Hobbits :skull: 

Sure Jan.

And it’s called The Hobbit. There’s no S.

#fakefan 

9 hours ago, mystery said:

I don't know why but I can't get myself to be excited for this, it looks so strange visually and the way the characters are speaking is odd. Will still watch it of course. 

Same. It's leaving me cold but will give it a chance when it gets here. I think it's just because GOT made us go sour on shows like this but I hope this will not attempt to be a copy of that.

I'm not a LOTR mega fan so I don't mind the haircuts.. They look hotter with these anyway :gaycat5:

So far the visuals are scary good. 

Hopefully the casting/writing is good

The (visual) quality of these new shows is really something. Looks grander than movies. I'm grudgingly excited cause it looks fantastic. Just hoping the writing is on par. 

i was at SDCC. they showed the trailer and about 5 (or 6) clips. The best one was one involving some the prisoners (I think) with what look like the orcs. The guy playing Arondir is so ****ing hot, and seems really nice.

Of all the SDCC presentations, this to me is the best one, marvel and dc's were mostly same old. They also opened the 270 degree screens, the one that covers the entire hall except the back. When their orchestra came out to play some of the music from the show, the hairs on my right arm was standing. It was so immersive.

The youtube comments :gaycat6: Tolkien fandom has gone completely off its ****.

Am skeptical too but this last trailer was really good

Just watched the OG trilogy and the trailer for this fails to capture the magic. Will still give it a try but I don't have high hopes

42 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

The youtube comments :gaycat6: Tolkien fandom has gone completely off its ****.

Am skeptical too but this last trailer was really good

I'm confusion :deadbanana: what kind of collective braincell are they all sharing? is it a meme? is it promo? 

You seem to know what it's about? do you know?

When the trailer first dropped I was able to see normal comments, now it's impossible lol

On 7/24/2022 at 6:08 PM, harwee said:

i was at SDCC. they showed the trailer and about 5 (or 6) clips. The best one was one involving some the prisoners (I think) with what look like the orcs. The guy playing Arondir is so ****ing hot, and seems really nice.

Of all the SDCC presentations, this to me is the best one, marvel and dc's were mostly same old. They also opened the 270 degree screens, the one that covers the entire hall except the back. When their orchestra came out to play some of the music from the show, the hairs on my right arm was standing. It was so immersive.

Lucky bish. you must be californian. could you tell us vaguely what were the 5 clips? if not that's ok, thanks.

why did you get a badge for? for all of them or a presentation in particular? the fact you saw Marvel and DC too. :deadbanana: i'm jealous.

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

Lucky bish. you must be californian. could you tell us vaguely what were the 5 clips? if not that's ok, thanks.

why did you get a badge for? for all of them or a presentation in particular? the fact you saw Marvel and DC too. :deadbanana: i'm jealous.

Yeah the way they did it was that they were introducing the cast and then the clips where some of them appeared in. They introduced 6 groups cause its a big cast, so that’s why I think there’s around 6 clips.

The ones i remember:
Elron and Durin (the leader of the elves) were in some kind of argument on who can break the stones and some sort of deal that if Elron fails he will be banished from the elves’ territories.  

Galadriel on a ship being taken to the city of numenor. I think the whole clip was to showcase the city to the audience and how expansive it is. And you can tell they put a lot of money into it. It looks so glorious all I can think of is to check the prices of 75 in TV and if I can afford it.

Another is a clip of Arondir that I described above, he’s with the rest of the elves who are held captive by ocs (I think). They’re trying to pull the ocs with their chains that’s locked on their legs. Then Arondir went for it, run through the suspended chains (which the two sides are pulling from each other), and slit open the orc’s tents, which exposed them to the sun which burned their skin.
The guy playing Arondir is also really hot lol.

There’s also a few other romantic clips between Galadriel and Elrond which I can’t specifically recall.

Yes I got a badge for all presentations. The company I work for is one of the presenters (and no its not amazon lol)

LOTR was the first on Friday. DC was the first for Sat and the day ended with Marvel. In between they showed House of Dragon, Star Trek and The Sandman which looks cute.

1 hour ago, harwee said:

Yeah the way they did it was that they were introducing the cast and then the clips where some of them appeared in. They introduced 6 groups cause its a big cast, so that’s why I think there’s around 6 clips.

The ones i remember:
Elron and Durin (the leader of the elves) were in some kind of argument on who can break the stones and some sort of deal that if Elron fails he will be banished from the elves’ territories.  

Galadriel on a ship being taken to the city of numenor. I think the whole clip was to showcase the city to the audience and how expansive it is. And you can tell they put a lot of money into it. It looks so glorious all I can think of is to check the prices of 75 in TV and if I can afford it.

Another is a clip of Arondir that I described above, he’s with the rest of the elves who are held captive by ocs (I think). They’re trying to pull the ocs with their chains that’s locked on their legs. Then Arondir went for it, run through the suspended chains (which the two sides are pulling from each other), and slit open the orc’s tents, which exposed them to the sun which burned their skin.
The guy playing Arondir is also really hot lol.

There’s also a few other romantic clips between Galadriel and Elrond which I can’t specifically recall.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes I got a badge for all presentations. The company I work for is one of the presenters (and no its not amazon lol)

LOTR was the first on Friday. DC was the first for Sat and the day ended with Marvel. In between they showed House of Dragon, Star Trek and The Sandman which looks cute.

Thanks for this report ? 

Yeah I ain't watching this show on my phone, that's for sure now

They really don't understand what made the original trilogy so freaking good. It wasn't the Marvel-like cinematography or the score sounding like Hans Zimmer. It was about community, grounded magical realism intercepted with immeasurable amounts of power, friendships, inspiring landscapes and a sense of your typical fantasy quest but 1000 times bigger. Beautiful and dark. 

This feels like a movie starring Chris Hemsworth or something. Just like The Hobbit. 

But eh, still gonna watch it. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.