• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

17 hours ago, zaso said:

i feel like the aesthetic of the show is too bright? idk it's serving hobbit to me when i expected the darker vibe of the original trilogy

i can't wait to see what they do with the numenor story though

and do we know who's playing sauron? someone like jamie campell who's now in stranger things would've been perfect as annatar

i understand the second age is "happier" than the one we saw in the trilogy and the 1st age. This is when there isn't any big villain around. Morgoth was already defeated and Sauron is not that big of a threat yet. Probably that's why it has that Hobbit vibe.

FUp61ukWAAENES6?format=jpg&name=large 

FUqUyZWXoAQfXZM?format=jpg&name=large 

FUkGNZuWQAAAuje?format=jpg&name=large 

18 hours ago, zaso said:

i feel like the aesthetic of the show is too bright? idk it's serving hobbit to me when i expected the darker vibe of the original trilogy

i can't wait to see what they do with the numenor story though

and do we know who's playing sauron? someone like jamie campell who's now in stranger things would've been perfect as annatar

1 hour ago, Drowned8World said:

i understand the second age is "happier" than the one we saw in the trilogy and the 1st age. This is when there isn't any big villain around. Morgoth was already defeated and Sauron is not that big of a threat yet. Probably that's why it has that Hobbit vibe.

Hobbit is a children book, let's not forget. That's why Peter Jackson explained that he made the choice to make the color palette much brighter. Hobbit trilogy had a lot of problems but the overall complaints about the bright palette was just nitpicking. It made sense to brighten things up.

PJ's excessive reliance on CGI rather than practical effects, now that's where most of the grievance were completely founded (with the disjointed writing and unnecessary overstuffing of plots of course)

The original trilogy takes place in a post-apocalyptic middle-earth, the civilization of men and dwarfs had fallen and the elves were peacing out completely to the Undying Lands. Dark forces had conquered big chunks of middle-earth, takin advantage of the void left. So yeah an overall darker palette makes sense.

For this show, we don't know yet. We can't judge on pictures but yeah we can definitely form an opinion based on the teaser;  it seems in some aspect it has the same palette as the original trilogy and in other aspect it's much more vibrant. I think it will be it's own thing overall. It's a very different middle-earth like @Drowned8Worldsaid, it's peak civilization. 

As for Sauron, he's definitely been casted already but we don't know which actor from the released "cast list" because he's definitely not Sauron just yet and he could also not be Annatar yet either.  I think we're gonna be introduced to him with a whole different name and persona, before he was Annatar.

4 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

oh that makes sense

for some reason i expected something darker and more political from this show

2 hours ago, Eóghan said:

FUp61ukWAAENES6?format=jpg&name=large 

FUkGNZuWQAAAuje?format=jpg&name=large 

Hobbit is a children book, let's not forget. That's why Peter Jackson explained that he made the choice to make the color palette much brighter. Hobbit trilogy had a lot of problems but the overall complaints about the bright palette was just nitpicking. It made sense to brighten things up.

PJ's excessive reliance on CGI rather than practical effects, now that's where most of the grievance were completely founded (with the disjointed writing and unnecessary overstuffing of plots of course)

The original trilogy takes place in a post-apocalyptic middle-earth, the civilization of men and dwarfs had fallen and the elves were peacing out completely to the Undying Lands. Dark forces had conquered big chunks of middle-earth, takin advantage of the void left. So yeah an overall darker palette makes sense.

For this show, we don't know yet. We can't judge on pictures but yeah we can definitely form an opinion based on the teaser;  it seems in some aspect it has the same palette as the original trilogy and in other aspect it's much more vibrant. I think it will be it's own thing overall. It's a very different middle-earth like @Drowned8Worldsaid, it's peak civilization. 

As for Sauron, he's definitely been casted already but we don't know which actor from the released "cast list" because he's definitely not Sauron just yet and he could also not be Annatar yet either.  I think we're gonna be introduced to him with a whole different name and persona, before he was Annatar.

interesting info. thanks for explaining

and yeah i see the more advanced world thing in the trailer too, the middle earth depicted looks somewhat like braavos

i wonder what the major conflict during the show will be though if sauron as the main villain is not in the picture yet

Galadriel looks so good :jonny:

Main TV girl incoming

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:15 AM, Slate said:

Whew :jonny: this show looks gorgeous

ok yeah we knew daddy Jeff wouldn't quit until he got his own GOT, and this could potentially be it?

New still from Empire Magazine that leaked in HQ

toiuhsjict791.png 

ugh i wanna be there :allears:

On 6/21/2022 at 10:01 PM, Drowned8World said:

First look of the orcs

FVyP0XvXEAAqOoM?format=jpg&name=small

FVyP0XuWIAAp6u9?format=jpg&name=small

FVyP0XtXwAUT47z?format=jpg&name=small

FVyP0XuWYAAL6nH?format=jpg&name=small

Two more

FVySZsuWIAERNEY?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

FVyS2ZcXoAAn6-t?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

practical effects, ha comeback 

poor hobbits trilogy found dead in a ditch :fan:

All of these stills looks spectacular. You can tell they spent budget, because Jesus... :deadbanana2: I can't wait to watch.

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

toiuhsjict791.png 

ugh i wanna be there :allears:

Two more

FVySZsuWIAERNEY?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

FVyS2ZcXoAAn6-t?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

practical effects, ha comeback 

poor hobbits trilogy found dead in a ditch :fan:

the way some people switched (like faggets) again after these photos

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

toiuhsjict791.png 

Is this concept art or an actual still?? Why does it look so weird?

I'm excited but something about hair and wigs and stuff look so weird to me. IDK what it is.

I wanna get exited for this, but since I already know Sauron will loose in the end whats the point :noparty: Thats why I hate prequels

10 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I'm excited but something about hair and wigs and stuff look so weird to me. IDK what it is.

Shor hair elves is NOT the tea :biblio:

But other than that it looks majestic I cannot wait for this :jonny5:

Also aren't elves supposed to stop aging physically after reaching the appareance of a man in his 30s? This guy looks in his 50s it's bugging me a lot 

What is up with the HAIR on some of these elves..

It looks a little too hobbit and not enough lotr triology 

• 2 weeks later...

FXJXJMqUEAEDcMi?format=jpg&name=large

FXJXJNHVUAAfwQ5?format=jpg&name=large 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:13 AM, nathanspears said:

Is this concept art or an actual still?? Why does it look so weird?

An actual still

It looks less weird in this wider shot

wf7jwhwzgaa91.jpg 

I get far more Westeros vibes from this than Middle-Earth unfortunately

Finally a proper trailer is coming

Looks good enough to me other than old, short-haired elves :doc:

It leaked in portuguese. Someone's gettin fired at Amazon Brazil digital marketing :laugh:

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Finally a proper trailer is coming

Looks good enough to me other than old, short-haired elves :doc:

Not a proper trailer, it's another 1 minute teaser but we finally see some substantial stuff ? 

3 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

I get far more Westeros vibes from this than Middle-Earth unfortunately

Same. I just watched that full leaked trailer and it gives GOT not LOTR :'(

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

It leaked in portuguese. Someone's gettin fired at Amazon Brazil digital marketing :laugh:

Hide contents

Not a proper trailer, it's another 1 minute teaser but we finally see some substantial stuff ? 

Oh wow okay

Still good

Yeah I agree it doesn't quite give Middle Earth but I'm so desperate for high fantasy series that I'll take anything at this point :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.