The Rings of Power | Prime Video | Season 2 Filming Underway | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

JNFJw3N.png 

A tale of Sauron’s ascension to power as well as the forging of the Rings of Power, which the Dark Lord gifted to humans, elves and dwarves and secretly controlled with his master ring (the One Ring to Rule Them All). A young, angry and brash Galadriel (played by Morfydd Clark) fights for survival on the Sundering Seas with Halbrand (Charlie Vickers), a mortal character. She is hunting down the remaining parties involved in her brother’s murder.

A chronicle of the rise and fall of Númenor, the island of men from which Aragorn is descended, and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men (an epic battle against Sauron depicted in the prologue of Fellowship of the Ring).

LOTR-ultrawide-1440-16x9-1-scaled.jpg

ylN8qnA.png

89fkdcnyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

r9iqotmyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

oci0vsmyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

5j6nzenyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

4o9kctmyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

x3xcxbnyujb91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

Vanity Fair Promo

lord-of-the-rings-002.jpg 

lord-of-the-rings-008.jpg 

lord-of-the-rings-013.jpg 

lord-of-the-rings-010.jpg 

Two new pictures revealed by Prime Video

CREDIT_BEN_ROTHSTEIN-PRIME_VIDEO_00062_R 

CREDIT_BEN_ROTHSTEIN-PRIME_VIDEO_00057_R

Wheel of Time was very adequate. Amazon has the money but it doesn’t have the behind-the-scenes talent yet.

I´m excited for this.

Nothing excites me about these pics. They look too polished and clean. IDK how to explain It. :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

Nothing excites me about these pics. They look too polished and clean. IDK how to explain It. :deadbanana4:

The budget is massive for this series iirc :WAP:

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

i get what you are saying. that's exactly how i feel about it :gaycat6:

40 minutes ago, zaso said:

i get what you are saying. that's exactly how i feel about it :gaycat6:

It doesn’t have the Peter Jackson touch 

7 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

beautiful gowns great gowns

we will see

5 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

Have y'all seen the comments on the trailer :deadbanana2: 

I mean it has 30 million views but apparently the video had 3 million dislikes at some point, now it's at 1.8 million dislikes because youtube deleted some. Too bad no one can see them anymore, including me. I never would've noticed otherwise. I mean it's mostly brigading/ sabotage campaign coming from alt-righters who feel that casting POC in certain roles is defiling white/Arian culture/mythology but still :lmao:

4 hours ago, Cloröx said:

The budget is massive for this series iirc  :WAP:

I don't really care for the budget but the fact one of my favorite "Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul" writer has written 3 episodes for this season got me hyped. At least they hired quality:WAP:

You see I'm mostly worried about the writing tbh since it's all goin to be fanfic. They have very very very thin material to go by to web this story unfortunately. 

I'll give this a chance because a high fantasy series in a market monopolized by crime and superheroes is like a unicorn, but the OG movie trilogy remains the most tedious thing I've ever watched in my life. My expectations are low.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon is also doin some big damage control, after the backlash they received from the teaser and the info that were relayed in Vanity Fair which alienated most of Tolkien community. (condensed timeline, newly created characters for the show, no rights to the "Silmarillion" ect ...)

They invited 30 major Tolkien community leaders/creators from the web to an event in London last week where they organized a discussion with the showrunners/writers, and they also showed them 20 minutes of random clips from the show. Some of them posted some feedback on their website and twitter, listed them below:

Some videos posted on Tik Tok and Youtube

On 4/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Eóghan said:

lord-of-the-rings-013.jpg

The Matchmaker's Replacement by Rachel Van Dyken well hello there

im starting to build hype tbh :gaycat6:

is it necessary to watch the films to understand this? coz ive tried but those are ass and this looks much better lol

21 minutes ago, flower moon said:

is it necessary to watch the films to understand this? coz ive tried but those are ass and this looks much better lol

Shouldn't be necessary, this will be a prequel set thousands of years before LOTR

OT: Hope there's gays in this to make the incels fume even harder :clap3: 

I can’t wait!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw they're going to film and produce season 2 in Scotland this winter and stay there for good for future seasons (if they are greenlit).

For the first time ever LOTR content will have no connection with New Zealand.

The way they spent 2 years building sets and filming in New Zealand for season 1 and in the end they decided to ditch them :deadbanana2: Amazon has no shame lmao I feel bad for the crew and economy it brought to the kiwis.

Amazon Studios’ big-budget The Rings of Power TV series is leaving the franchise’s longtime home in New Zealand and moving production to the UK starting with the upcoming second season.

The The Lord of the Rings series, which recently wrapped principal photography on Season 1, is scheduled to premiere on Prime Video Sept. 2, 2022. Season 1 post production will continue in New Zealand through June 2022, and pre-production on Season Two will begin concurrently in Scotland right after Jan. 1, 2022.

[..................]

The elaborate sets built for the show will be shipped to the UK. It is unclear where exactly in Scotland The Lord Of the Rings will shoot as part of the streaming studio’s efforts to expand its footprint in the UK. Amazon, which has multiple series filming in the UK, is currently in the process of booking stages to house the sets.

[..................]

Some in the industry, however, have suggested that New Zealand’s almost hermetic border closure policy in response to the coronavirus, known in some quarters as “Fortress New Zealand,” may have been a factor in Amazon’s decision. It may also have caused other productions to turn away in favor of less restrictive locations, such as Australia or the U.K.

Source: Deadline.com

2 hours ago, Slate said:

Galadriel looks so sickening :jonnycat:

That sword is huge :deadbanana2: how is she gonna hold that, her elf powers I guess

but yeah she's serving! Morfydd Clark got big shoes to fill after Cate Blanchett; I wouldn't like to carry that pressure

iNG5svJ.png 

I remain casually optimistic about this. I'm not a huge fan of the original trilogy as I too find it tedious most times, but I think this format will ease some things out and I know the hardcore fans hate the idea but a condensed timeline will totally help to smooth things between long periods of time. The new characters are a bold addition but I think it's better for them to create a new character than change stablished ones to try new ideas.

Overall this looks like it was very expensive.

FUk0nLBWAAILIDX?format=jpg&name=large

holy **** that's beautiful :chick3:

i feel like the aesthetic of the show is too bright? idk it's serving hobbit to me when i expected the darker vibe of the original trilogy

i can't wait to see what they do with the numenor story though

and do we know who's playing sauron? someone like jamie campell who's now in stranger things would've been perfect as annatar

Edited by zaso

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.