Elon Musk : "The Woke Mind Virus is Making Netflix Unwatchable"

MoonGoodandHappy

He’s right and it goes for the entirement of TV and entertainment in general. This need for everything to be PC is boring. It’s the reason why the Gossip Girl reboot will never be as good as the original for example.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• getBusy

• Marco_g2

• Anna-Artdeco

On 4/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

He's right. Literally every other Netflix exclusive series is LGBTQIA centric even though less than 10% of the population identifies as LGBTQIA. :psyduck:

Also not necessarily connected, but the excess of Korean dramas on Netflix is weird as well. Squid Game was great, but that doesn't mean that we need 100s more series set in Korea. 

So you're against diversity?

The good thing about Netflix is that they have content from around the world, not only that hetero hollywood crap.

He remains a dirt stain.

Regardless of who said it, no lies were told. Now every TV show or film must have inclusion checks, hyper moderated language and forced “representation”. Minorities are no longer minorities according to the media :michael: even the Oscars and Grammys must follow a protocol now. 

Why you guys about k-dramas when it’s better than 90% of these overhyped TV Shows. 

he's right and the stock holders agree :clap3:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:53 PM, Anna-Artdeco said:

That’s not what the comment meant. There’s too many Korean shows that nobody wants to watch and they are coming at the expense of other follow up seasons to shows that were unfairly shelved. Just look at the stats, these hundreds of Korean shows have the lowest viewership ever. While better shows were cancelled for some unfathomable reason. 

Also, gay representation isn’t a problem, it’s the fact that it’s poorly done and looks forced in nearly every show. LGBTQIA+ is also not even 5% of the entire population so stuff like that isn’t relatable or necessary to people, whether you like it or not. Most people like watching shows for immaculate acting and plots, not a SJW documentary. 

He’s a dick so his comments are definitely coming from homophobia and boomer-ism but Netflix’s poor choice for shows and cringy plots is why people are opting for other services. 

Are you serious? 

You know there is a Netflix Korea, Netflix India, Netflix Singapore where they create content and shows to crater the people of their country. These Korean dramas have been around for years and people have enjoyed them. They didn’t make Squid Games for the US audience, it just took off around the world and people enjoyed it. 

If you favorite shows was canceled, it has nothing no to do with Korean dramas unless you favorite show was another Korean drama.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:31 AM, private radio said:

did he lie?

Yes

1 hour ago, Gigii said:

If you favorite shows was canceled, it has nothing no to do with Korean dramas unless you favorite show was another Korean drama.

The 300 Korean chick flicks flooding my Netflix home page everyday when I havent even watched a single Korean show (or a chick flick) beg to differ.  I’d rather rewatch **** I’ve already seen than have to skip all that trash to find anything remotely useful. 

Edited by Mr.Link

2 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

The 300 Korean chick flicks flooding my Netflix home page everyday when I havent even watched a single Korean show (or a chick flick) beg to differ.  I’d rather rewatch **** I’ve already seen than have to skip all that trash to find anything remotely useful. 

Change your setting sweetie. It’s an algorithm based on what you previously watched and what’s popular in your region/worldwide

Spilled the tea on trash called Don't look up :clap3:

On 4/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, Gigii said:

Are you serious? 

You know there is a Netflix Korea, Netflix India, Netflix Singapore where they create content and shows to crater the people of their country. These Korean dramas have been around for years and people have enjoyed them. They didn’t make Squid Games for the US audience, it just took off around the world and people enjoyed it. 

That’s exactly what I’m saying. US Netflix has been flooded with K Dramas recently and this experience is echoed by my friends from other countries as well. There’s no reason why K Dramas should take over the Netflix of any other country unless they get maximum popularity like Squid Games. I want to watch indigenous content in my Netflix area and so do a lot of other people. Would you get mad at Koreans for preferring K Dramas over other stuff from around the world? No right? 

And the biggest part is that these shows have a really low viewership. Just go look at some of the stats for these shows in USA and justify how they continue to be pushed down everyone’s throats while shows with a higher viewership are cancelled. 

This is purely political and strategic. Netflix is losing subscribers because they aren’t prioritising their customers wants 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:50 AM, Mr.Link said:

Same. It’s so tiring. I’ve never watched a K drama in my life. And for the user who said they get recommended based on past tastes, we’re talking about what’s on the front page and the “new releases” tab. It’s one K Drama after another. So you’re wrong that we’re searching for it. 

How fragile white men are when suddenly they're no longer the focal point of the media they consume.

I mean, that's not actually true but it's hilarious to think that the trickle of media now being produced that doesn't center around whiteness is enough to trigger them into thinking they're being persecuted. Just the mere thought of it happening sends them. 

White fragility. 

That’s funny Elon because Twitter just permanently banned me for criticizing Christianity, the most popular colonizer religion in the world. Clearly his pale apartheid ass doesn’t really get it. All corporate social media is the same.

awww people are upset of seeing melanin on screen ?

13 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

awww people are upset of seeing melanin on screen ?

Not really. Bridgerton has a pretty diverse cast and has the highest viewership out of any Netflix show. In both seasons one of the romantic leads was a person of color and that didn't hurt the show at all.

The problem isn't diversity, but virtue-signaling and talking down to your audience. People are sick and tired of being preached to.

No one is forcing y'all to watch the shows/movies?

Why are y'all so mad at movies/shows catering to other people for once?

Just watch something else I-

Just now, Da Vinci said:

No one is forcing y'all to watch the shows/movies?

Why are y'all so mad at movies/shows catering to other people for once?

Just watch something else I-

And that's EXACTLY what people are doing. They're choosing to watch something else and that's why Netflix is bleeding out subscribers. Just this past quarter, Netflix lost 200K subscribers. With how expensive its productions are, Netflix cannot afford to lose any more subscribers so they really need to make some changes. 

Just now, NausAllien said:

And that's EXACTLY what people are doing. They're choosing to watch something else and that's why Netflix is bleeding out subscribers. Just this past quarter, Netflix lost 200K subscribers. With how expensive its productions are, Netflix cannot afford to lose any more subscribers so they really need to make some changes. 

can you point out to me the evidence that increased diversity in content is what's making netflix lose subscribers? or is it just an assumption?

15 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

can you point out to me the evidence that increased diversity in content is what's making netflix lose subscribers? or is it just an assumption?

It's obviously an assumption. And I'm not saying that diversity is an issue. The higher viewership numbers in shows like Bridgerton and Sex Education prove diversity isn't what's pushing people away. I do think that wokeism, virtue-signaling, preaching to your audience, etc. are pushing people away. But again, I have no concrete proof of that. Truth of the matter is that Netflix is losing subscribers and they need to get to the root of that issue if they want to fix it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.