Elon Musk : "The Woke Mind Virus is Making Netflix Unwatchable"

MoonGoodandHappy

46 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

The amount of gay men on this site that run to show how chronically online they are at the mere MENTION of the word woke is so funny

Woke backlash started before social media or even the internet took off but you thought you ate, so enjoy yourself I guess :coffee2:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NausAllien

• getBusy

• Marco_g2

• Protocol

20 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

He's right. Literally every other Netflix exclusive series is LGBTQIA centric even though less than 10% of the population identifies as LGBTQIA. :psyduck:

Also not necessarily connected, but the excess of Korean dramas on Netflix is weird as well. Squid Game was great, but that doesn't mean that we need 100s more series set in Korea. 

Literally what the hell is this :deadbanana2:

Netflix has been having korean dramas on their service for years. Just don't watch them if you don't want to watch them? What a strange thing to complain about. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, Flomik said:

what is he referring to? i don't understand

me neither. I love Netflix.

The reason for the loss of Netflix subscribers is because they didn't fire Jamie Rat-lynn  :sorry:

:sistrens: 

He sounds more like trump every day, next he will try to become president 

Well, "wokeness" isn't just about objectifying minorities. It also concerns politically correctness, cancel culture, virtue signalling, cultural appropriation and other nonsense. 

It's definitely a reality that's heavily influencing modern entertainement in general but I don't think it has anything to do with Netflix's decline. 

Edited by Oceania

This man just talks to hear himself talk, and he knows because he’s a billionaire, at least some people will always listen. That can literally be dangerous, too. Ugh. 

Agree 100% with Daddy Elon :clap3:

I wish one of the most important companies to help us fight against climate change weren't ruled by such a ****** assh*le :sadviolin:

On 4/20/2022 at 10:19 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

He's right. Literally every other Netflix exclusive series is LGBTQIA centric even though less than 10% of the population identifies as LGBTQIA. :psyduck:

Also not necessarily connected, but the excess of Korean dramas on Netflix is weird as well. Squid Game was great, but that doesn't mean that we need 100s more series set in Korea. 

The fact that simply being Korean is enough for you to describe something as "woke" :skull:  chile.

"Too woke" being a dog-whistle for too many minorities as usual :dies:

Edited by Lucas32

8 minutes ago, Lucas32 said:

The fact that simply being Korean is enough for you to describe something as "woke" :skull:  chile.

Oh no I wasn't saying that Korean = woke, I was just going on a tangent about something else regarding modern Netflix that annoys me. 

7 hours ago, Lucas32 said:

That’s not what the comment meant. There’s too many Korean shows that nobody wants to watch and they are coming at the expense of other follow up seasons to shows that were unfairly shelved. Just look at the stats, these hundreds of Korean shows have the lowest viewership ever. While better shows were cancelled for some unfathomable reason. 

Also, gay representation isn’t a problem, it’s the fact that it’s poorly done and looks forced in nearly every show. LGBTQIA+ is also not even 5% of the entire population so stuff like that isn’t relatable or necessary to people, whether you like it or not. Most people like watching shows for immaculate acting and plots, not a SJW documentary. 

He’s a dick so his comments are definitely coming from homophobia and boomer-ism but Netflix’s poor choice for shows and cringy plots is why people are opting for other services. 

Apartheid Clyde needs to stfu

11 hours ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Also, gay representation isn’t a problem, it’s the fact that it’s poorly done and looks forced in nearly every show. LGBTQIA+ is also not even 5% of the entire population so stuff like that isn’t relatable or necessary to people, whether you like it or not. Most people like watching shows for immaculate acting and plots, not a SJW documentary. 

On 4/20/2022 at 2:00 AM, Communion said:

Attempt to define the adjective woke, quickly. 

Incessant retaliation towards to the more privileged, especially straight white men(?)

Aggressively hostile if criticized over their ideals.

3 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Incessant retaliation towards to the more privileged, especially straight white men(?)

Aggressively hostile if criticized over their ideals.

What Netflix shows are "criticizing the ideals of straight white men"? 

Someone above suggested there being Korean content was wokeism, so is simply not being straight, male and white an act of aggression of those who are?

9 hours ago, Communion said:

What Netflix shows are "criticizing the ideals of straight white men"? 

Someone above suggested there being Korean content was wokeism, so is simply not being straight, male and white an act of aggression of those who are?

I'm not saying Netflix themselves are the ones committing the "criticizing of the straight white men and their ideals", but I meant that I think that's the definition of those that like to call things "woke". Like an urban dictionary sort of definition, if that makes any sense. The post of yours I had replied to made me assume your post was asking for what those trolls, like Musk, meant when they use "woke" as a buzzword.

Spoiler

Sorry if this post makes no sense, I'm sleep deprived, on top of other things atm.

Straight white men getting offended because not everything is revolving around them :zzz:

Yeah let's go back to all white straight  casts with sexist jokes like Seinfield. 

Edited by brazil

On 4/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

K-dramas have been popular for years long before Squid Game and have massive popularity around the world. Not everything need to be set in US and UK either :rip: Shows having LGBT characters doesn’t make them LGBT-centric either. Serving boomer energy.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:44 AM, ChapelHooker said:

Why are rich people always talkinggggg just sit on your mountain of money and shut the **** up omg 

this

On 4/21/2022 at 6:19 AM, Sugar-Rush said:

Not when Korean cinema and TV is serving unmatched quality & talent - and there are several K-series even better than “Squid Game”.

In any case, why single Korea out? 

Trash take on both counts. 

i hope he rots in hell, truly, if an anti-christ were to exist, it'd be him

True

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.