Loud vs. Teenage Dream vs. 1989

naval23

Which one is your fav?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which era is most iconic today?

2. 2. Which era had the best visuals?

3. 3. Which era had the best singles?

Each of these eras were dominant pop eras that had multiple global #1 hits and iconic visuals. 

But which one do you prefer?

Which one is most iconic?

Loud: Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name, S&M, California King Bed, Man Down, Cheers (Drink to That)

Loud (Rihanna album) - Wikipedia

Teenage Dream: California Gurls, Teenage Dream, ET, Firework, Last Friday Night, The One That Got Away

Teenage Dream (Katy Perry album) - Wikipedia

1989: Shake It Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Style, Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods

1989 (Taylor Swift album) - Wikipedia

Rihanna's best onstage costumes of all time | Vogue France

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream': How It Made Chart History – Billboard

Taylor Swift 1989 Album Review: Swift Goes Full-Throttle Pop | Time

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• SelenaTheWinner

• IntoMeYouSee

• Ferret

Teenage Dream is the most iconic of them all, and by a large margin. I mean California Gurls alone achieved that both visually and sonically.

Teenage Dream is also the one with the best visuals, though I'm not sure I'd say "best" but more like... they were all kind of events in their own right. At the time Katy was great at fully realizing thematic videos and they all are incredibly big budget and memorable.

As for singles, Loud takes that for sure. Rihanna just has a knack for not having songs sound dated or tacky/trendy years later. Instead they carry a sheen that prevents them from this.

Loud is forgotten.

For success/longevity:

Teenage Dream = 1989 >>>>> Loud 

Personal preference:

Teenage Dream > 1989 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Loud

1989 aged the best out of all of them, while it may be "more recent", it's having way better current stats than the other two at this point in their run, let alone now... also as a body of work, it's not even a competition...

as for visuals, all of them got great one but it goes like this, 1989>>>>>Loud>>>Teenage Dream

for singles it goes for Loud since it got 5/7 that aged well, while 1989 got 3/7 and TD 2/7 & 2/9 if we include the complete confection...

6 minutes ago, IntoMeYouSee said:

Teenage Dream for all. Second close would be RED. 

You mean Loud? 

OT: It’s kinda funny how stan forums/twitter used to say Katy has done nothing iconic or memorable back in the day but nowadays Teenage Dream basically stands for that time in music and for perfect bubblegum-ish pure pop songs, not to speak of the influence Teenage Dream has on the visuals in todays industry. Truly a legendary era. 

Teenage Dream for all

Loud

Teenage Dream 

Teenage Dream

Those years were just legendary.. 

shame it won't happen again anytime soon

tenor.gif

Teenage Dream for all of them except visuals, where 1989 takes the cake. I love the aesthetic that Taylor went with in 1989 and I can't wait to see her explore it again in TV.

I love Loud but it seems so forgotten compared to the other two unfortunately. :dancehall:

1989 was iconic 

selling million opening week

winning 3 Grammys including AOTY

hit after hit 

it was just a moment that changed the industry 

won video of the year at the vmaa

becimong the most awarded albums 

Teenage Dream for all

Loud is forgotten

My god, the eras used to be so shiny and candy/bubblegum-like

I feel like as a whole 1989 wins as an album but in terms of singles it goes: TD > LOUD > 1989. 

And TD wins when it comes to visuals. 

1989 is the most iconic.

Visuals and singles are a matter of personal taste. For me it’s Taylor, then Rihanna, then Katy for both. 

The 11X Platinum eligible, AOTY winner takes all three :clap3::gaylorcat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.