? ATRL's Song Contest ? Winner revealed (pg.559)

thecptz

Soccer Mommy - Shotgun: Good! Not my favorite by her but good. It’s funny cuz this is basically a weaker Valentine which was sent last round

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Bicassie

• touya kinomoto

• Psycho

Remi Wolf - Sexy Villain: Good! Not my favorite by her but good. [2] She’s kind of a pop genius to me, there’s hooks on top of hooks in everything she does so I eat up nearly all of her songs anyway, I like the Noise Pop bits the most

Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth: You know what else starts with S? Sean, Sanguine, AND Stupid. Crazy

cupcakKe - Typo: The one-line chorus works well enough, and the verses are solid, I guess I’m sold

BANKS - Trainwreck: The lyrics are so dumb nnnn but this is a huge bop anyway. Probably the only thing I LOVE from this album. It’s basically just her throwing in about five mid-2010’s trends at once, but it goes super hard, so I can’t complain

India Shawn - TOO SWEET: The way she keeps popping back up at random points in the season despite being totally irrelevant, love that for her. Nice song too! I think that the production clashes with the hook but in a GREAT way, makes it more interesting

Julia Holter - Sea Calls Me Home: It’s a cute hit. This whole album has such Winter vibes to me, I wish it snowed in Atlanta cuz I would listen to it more :(

VanJess - Slow Down: It’s okay, not my fave by them at all. It’s vibey ig but I’ll admit I’m basic and prefer their boppier songs, not really compelled here

Meghan Trainor - Title: Huge banger, blew up for a reason, and she is such a genius for the Title.mp3… Fiona Apple couldn’t. Maybe the hook wears a little by the end but I love it and it’ll still rank high

Ava Max - Tattoo: Another big banger, the production is kinda cheap but the chorus melody is just so catchy

Spellling - Turning Wheel: Legendary omg I was so taken aback the first time I heard this. She basically took the aspects that made The Beatles innovative and improved upon them tenfold, extremely beautiful and affirming

YUKIKA - SCENT: Forgot to listen to this so thanx for the reminder - It’s cool, just her usual thing, the instrumentation is getting kinda predictable at this point but I enjoy it

Ava Max - Take You To Hell: I don’t mind some Ava evidently but this is terrible, corny, I’m sorry but why… the way it starts off like some dark cabaret song with the heavy bass and piano then turns into some Eurovision/Reggae fusion and… yeah I do not care for it at awllll

Sidibe - Tellin’ U (Pat Lok Remix): A decent enough House track but I’m really liking this round (y’all remain LIARS!) so being frank, no points!

Wait just realized we’re ranking all the songs so those “if it doesn’t get points it came close comments” are more-so Top10-making comments this time around.

Michelle Branch - Temporary Feeling: Love Michelle, this is sweet and breezy, not obsessed though

Here's a compact one idk why I stopped doing this when I was in the early rounds:

Foxes - Sister Ray: This did age a teensy bit but it’s still a fun classic. The bridge is the best part, also random note but at 2:13 it sounds like she’s saying “it’s in your arse”

Spice - So Mi Like It: Off-topic but I love faux-futurism aesthetics so I stan the cover. Song itself is fun as well!

Naomi Scott - She’s So Gone: One of the best songs of all time… @minho GET IN!!!!

Soccer Mommy - Shotgun: Good! Not my favorite by her but good. It’s funny cuz this is basically a weaker Valentine which was sent last round

Remi Wolf - Sexy Villain: Good! Not my favorite by her but good. [2] She’s kind of a pop genius to me, there’s hooks on top of hooks in everything she does so I eat up nearly all of her songs anyway, I like the Noise Pop bits the most

Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth: You know what else starts with S? Sean, Sanguine, AND Stupid. Crazy

cupcakKe - Typo: The one-line chorus works well enough, and the verses are solid, I guess I’m sold

BANKS - Trainwreck: The lyrics are so dumb nnnn but this is a huge bop anyway. Probably the only thing I LOVE from this album. It’s basically just her throwing in about five mid-2010’s trends at once, but it goes super hard, so I can’t complain

India Shawn - TOO SWEET: The way she keeps popping back up at random points in the season despite being totally irrelevant, love that for her. Nice song too! I think that the production clashes with the hook but in a GREAT way, makes it more interesting

Julia Holter - Sea Calls Me Home: It’s a cute hit. This whole album has such Winter vibes to me, I wish it snowed in Atlanta cuz I would listen to it more :(

VanJess - Slow Down: It’s okay, not my fave by them at all. It’s vibey ig but I’ll admit I’m basic and prefer their boppier songs, not really compelled here

Meghan Trainor - Title: Huge banger, blew up for a reason, and she is such a genius for the Title.mp3… Fiona Apple couldn’t. Maybe the hook wears a little by the end but I love it and it’ll still rank high

Ava Max - Tattoo: Another big banger, the production is kinda cheap but the chorus melody is just so catchy

Spellling - Turning Wheel: Legendary omg I was so taken aback the first time I heard this. She basically took the aspects that made The Beatles innovative and improved upon them tenfold, extremely beautiful and affirming

YUKIKA - SCENT: Forgot to listen to this so thanx for the reminder - It’s cool, just her usual thing, the instrumentation is getting kinda predictable at this point but I enjoy it

Ava Max - Take You To Hell: I don’t mind some Ava evidently but this is terrible, corny, I’m sorry but why… the way it starts off like some dark cabaret song with the heavy bass and piano then turns into some Eurovision/Reggae fusion and… yeah I do not care for it at awllll

Sidibe - Tellin’ U (Pat Lok Remix): A decent enough House track but I’m really liking this round (y’all remain LIARS!) so being frank, no points!

Michelle Branch - Temporary Feeling: Love Michelle, this is sweet and breezy, not obsessed though

6 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

Naomi Scott - She’s So Gone: One of the best songs of all time… @minho GET IN!!!!

6 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

These would fight it out to be my 12!!

17 minutes ago, minho said:

These would fight it out to be my 12!!

What about Banks? I thought you're a huge stan...

17 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

What about Banks? I thought you're a huge stan...

I would do anything in my power to make sure that entry was DQ'd

Foxes - Sister Ray: Danceable for sure. It's good. 

Spice - So Mi Like It: Appecriate the dancefall flavor here. 

Naomi Scott - She’s So Gone: I feel I would need some kind attachment to lemon mouth to really enjoy this. This is just fine. 

Soccer Mommy - Shotgun: I don't mind it. 

Remi Wolf - Sexy Villain: On the fence with this one. 

Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth: Now aside from the banned artist, the bridge of this song is bordering on cringy. With that said, it's one of their better songs since cfts. 

cupcakKe - Typo: I like the beat at least. 

BANKS - Trainwreck: I'm not someone who cares much for lyrics but banks makes some questionable ones that I can't help but notice. I've heard worse tho, like this is better than every serpetina track aside from maybe the devil. 

India Shawn - TOO SWEET: It's a vibe, yes. 

Julia Holter - Sea Calls Me Home: This Is A True Heart from her best album was right there. Would've liked to support Julia but this isn't anything i'd go back to. 

VanJess - Slow Down: It's nice. Recognizable sample helps. 

Meghan Trainor - Title: Sanguine really set you up with this one. Gonna remain consistent and say her music is not for me. 

Ava Max - Tattoo: Hmm not bad.  

Spellling - Turning Wheel: Tried her music before but can't past her theatrical vocals so issa no for me.

YUKIKA - SCENT: Yes i'm looking forward to her second album. Yukika 3/3

Ava Max - Take You To Hell: I didn't mind the other ava song but this is where she loses me. 

Sidibe - Tellin’ U (Pat Lok Remix): I kinda like this. 

Michelle Branch - Temporary Feeling: Came and went. 

Foxes - Sister Ray - This is pretty good, one of the better songs on this album. 

Spice - So Mi Like It - must commend you for being brave and sending this C'bean classic, big points for you. I was whining my waist through the entire thing, a banger, yes ah so mi like it :gaycatina1::sats:

Naomi Scott - She’s So Gone - this was cute, didn't really captivate me tbh but it's fine 

Soccer Mommy - Shotgun - this was cute, didn't really captivate me tbh but it's fine [2]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.