? ATRL's Song Contest ? Winner revealed (pg.559)

thecptz

2 minutes ago, Staryu said:

I know right :deadbanana2: not me loving these first 3 

The exaggerations round after round getting TIRING from these people meanwhile we're really out here struggling, the levels of sick! :deadbanana2: Z needs to ban them all next season eye think!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Bicassie

• touya kinomoto

• Psycho

Soccer Mommy - Shotgun

I like this chill song called shotgun but its chill, unlike a shotgun. I like this <3 

Soccer Mommy — Shotgun

Not my kind of music, but like with many songs last round, I’ll label it as “middle of the road” & take another look later on. I guess I’m trying to be more open-minded since I KNOW every point truly counts.

Remi Wolf — Sexy Villain

Hmmmm… she’s got a real strong chorus, though I’m not keen on the rest of the song. I’ll take another listen come Tuesday.

Demi Lovato — SKIN OF MY TEETH

Ehh at this point in the competition someone would have to send Azealia or something for me to consider giving a banned artist/track points - we’re just too far in.

Remi Wolf - Sexy Villain

Still waiting on a bad song yall, this is not one either, I love this song, my favorite REMI woof song. :sats:

Sexy villain is what I wish I was irl instead of average background extra :heart2:

Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth

You made a mistake but I stilll rock with this song tbh, it's a little shocking this did not chart anywhere?? :weeps: :deadbanana4: 

cupcakKe - Typo

There's been quite a few rounds where cupcakke could have been sent, glad she finally was. Finger me like a typo PERIOD. This is a bopppppp

BANKS - Trainwreck

A good banks song, one of a few :heart2: I like this one's vibe, it's kinda dark, idk I like it, cute, work

cupcakKe — Typo

Not SKIN OF MY TEETH transitioning to… this. Screaming - it’s another time to thank Z&Randomizer for a moment (perhaps my favorite1 this season?). This is solid, I’ll pop out a few points.

BANKS — Trainwreck

I like it more than the other entries I’ve heard by her. We’ll see how it holds up, looks like the round’s gonna be real strong (every1 lying again smh).

India Shawn f/ Unknown Mortal Orchestra — TOO SWEET

It’s pretty cute! - I like the instrumentation & I’ve got no complaints about the feature (at least the vocal appearance portion of it). If I don’t give it points, it came close.

Edited by Lucky#17

India Shawn - TOO SWEET

This is sweet, not too sweet, very pleasant and enjoyable. 

Julia Holter - Sea Calls Me Home

I'm just bored sorry :weeps: :rainy:

VanJess - Slow Down

Ooop does this sample something, I recognize that jazzy first sound w/e that was. I was digging this though :sats: perfect song for this rabbit. 

Julia Holter — Sea Calls Me Home

Yeah… even the beach-loving Jersey boy in me couldn’t get into this at all.

VanJess — Slow Down

Ah, that’s more like it. I still remember their Come Over entry - at least from these 2songs, they’ve got a relaxing/lush feel I like to them.

Meghan Trainor — Title

It’s not “bad”, I’ve just never been into the song like that.

Meghan Trainor - Title

This song is really cute, it doesn't slay me but it's cute, in that 50s housewife bopping at the jukebox in a diner kind of way 

Ava Max - Tattoo

Poor other Ava song sender! :eli: I hate when people pit my same artist song with another so let me be petty. This is a very me type of song, like that princess & the clock song, there's just something about it I love. 

Spellling - Turning Wheel

She gives me Kate Bush vibes, babooskha chanteuse. Her music isn't as accessible to me as Kate is but it's cute :gaycat4:

Ava Max — Tattoo

It’s cute. While I’m not crazy about it, it does end at a real good spot.

Spellling — Turning Wheel

I have the same feelings for this as I did with the Soccer Mommy entry, but there’s something about her technique that seems a bit more difficult to pull off.

YUKIKA — Scent

It’s the way I was ready to underscore her but ykw she’s 3/3 for me. This seems to be more Summer-y than the prev. entries too, so that works in your favor for me.

YUKIKA - SCENT

Are we getting diminishing returns with Yukika? Yes. Is it still good, yes good enough. :jamming: 

Ava Max - Take You To Hell

Not one of my Ava faves :gayriahcat2: it's okay, I don't hate it, it's has like a children's song melody or w/e idk, not my fave 

Sidibe - Tellin’ U (Pat Lok Remix)

This song felt very stagnant to me, it was fine tho, nothing offensive. I don't really know what she's saying, maybe it's b/c it's late? :deadbanana2:

Michelle Branch - Temporary Feeling

I have a soft spot for Michelle b/c of her early/mid 2000s slayage :heart2: This was cute :gaycat4: 

Ava Max — Take You To Hell

I think(?) I slightly prefer this to Tattoo. I’m already re-checking a few tracks so lemme just throw both of hers in just to be sure.

Sidibe f/ Pat Lok — Tellin’ U (Pat Lok Remix)

Hmmm interesting discovery seeing this remix version is 1minute shorter than the original. The production is also very-very pleasant - it’s clear you were pretty intentional with this & I like the effort!

Michelle Branch — Temporary Feeling

Falls into the “cute” category for me as well. If it doesn’t get a point or two, it came close.

Foxes - Sister Ray: This did age a teensy bit but it’s still a fun classic. The bridge is the best part, also random note but at 2:13 it sounds like she’s saying “it’s in your arse”

Spice - So Mi Like It: Off-topic but I love faux-futurism aesthetics so I stan the cover. Song itself is fun as well!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.