? ATRL's Song Contest ? Winner revealed (pg.559)

thecptz

Toni Braxton - Please: I don’t really have anything to say about this tbh sjdh it’s pretty catchy idk why it reminds me of shopping in a Macy’s or something

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Bicassie

• touya kinomoto

• Psycho

Rochelle Jordan - Love You Good: I mean you can see my critiques for her other songs and they apply here as well ffff she just has such a consistent sound, it’s solid, we’ll see where it ends up tho cuz I’m a fan of lots of songs here

Alexandra Stan - It’s My Life: I hard-panned her album before but hawld up this grew nnnn. It’s pretty glossy-sounding

Nicki Minaj - Good Form: This is such a banger LIKEEEE… insert that Xtina fat nasty broke tweet because she really mustered the last shreds of her talent and put them into this and Chun Li

Nilüfer Yanya - midnight sun: YES. Ugh this grew on me so much, I can’t believe I thought it was boring on first listen, that shoegaze instrumentation mhm

Dawn Richard - Jacuzzi: Ooh interesting, I didn’t remember anything from this album from my one previous listen but I like! The chorus is strangely hypnotic

Gwen Stefani - The Real Thing: Ever since I heard the life-changing Slow Jam mix of this I prefer that, especially at a time like now when I’m incredibly tired, but I still use

Giorgio Moroder - Diamonds (feat. Charli XCX): Sorry but what an amateur entry for top ten :rip: who sent this. It’s not even enjoyable in its genericness

Kero Kero Bonito - The Princess And The Clock: A unique vibe with the whole noisy Bitpoppy thing it’s nice!

Faye Webster - In A Good Way: Queen of Atlanta [2] this album hits most for me when I’m feeling relaxed and centered, and I guess I am right now so good for you

Nao - Drive & Disconnect: Was always my fave song on this album :jamming: with Nao’s vocal style the production really has to match and it does here for sure!

Meghan Trainor - Genetics: Why did it have to be THIS omg… I was worried it would be when I saw she was banned which is a shame cuz I wanted to acclaim her :( but this is just awful and annoying, The Pussycat Dolls are TALENTLESS btw

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth: Title is accurate, great and reminds me of Brandy kinda with the futuristic but still classic R&B production

M.I.A. - Jimmy: Cool diversion from her usual sound with a Disco bop, that loop hits

Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low: Idk not any parts I love here but it’s listenable

Fifth Harmony - Angel: Well it’s the only song on that album that didn’t age like milk so you have that going for you. I like the “won’t lie” part the most

Acclaimed:

Rochelle Jordan - Love You Good: Production is sleek. Another great entry. 

Nilüfer Yanya - midnight sun: Not bad but idc for her music like that. 

Dawn Richard - Jacuzzi: Wish it was less repetitive than it was but she sounds fine at least. 

Kero Kero Bonito - The Princess And The Clock: Great production and melody from them. 

Faye Webster - In A Good Way: Slightly boring here. 

Nao - Drive & Disconnect: There's a summer day vacation vibe about this that I like. 

Poppy - Her: Not into poppy but this was listenable. 

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth: Using this hit at the right time. Props for that. 

Snail Mail - Valentine: A step up compared to their previous music but it's still not really catching my ear. 

M.I.A. - Jimmy: Adore the sample usage. 

Panned:

Kacey Musgraves - cherry blossom: This sounds good and i'm not a KM fan. 

Toni Braxton - Please: Hmm, sounds of its time for sure. 

Alexandra Stan - It’s My Life: Her music is not it outside of that one 2010 hit. 

Nicki Minaj - Good Form: One of her better post TPP cuts ig.

Gwen Stefani - The Real Thing: Definitely serves album track but I can get through it. 

Giorgio Moroder - Diamonds (feat. Charli XCX): I can see why his 2015 work was panned. It's just bland. Charli hasn't been able to save anything she's been attached to this season either I fear. 

Meghan Trainor - Genetics: Yeah this is awful :rip: 

Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low: Pretty good for this round. 

Fifth Harmony - Angel: I don't like this but at least it has no camila. 

Ashley Tisdale - Acting Out: Auburn back from the dead? Anyone this is decent. 

Kacey Musgraves - cherry blossom

Lovely, pretty song, one of my faves from her 

Toni Braxton - Please

This was just okay, it kinda sounds cheap, love Toni tho, like in general, just not this song :weeps:

Rochelle Jordan - Love You Good

This was pretty good :jamming: I was vibin and boppin

Alexandra Stan - It’s My Life

This was very basic but very cute tbh, lite bop 

Nicki Minaj - Good Form

Now y'all know I stan this song

Watch 69 Year-Old Helen Mirren Twerk Better Than You Could Ever Hope To |  Vanity Fair

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.