? ATRL's Song Contest ? Winner revealed (pg.559)

thecptz

2 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Thank you everyone for the biggest season yet. I've been playing ASC since @mxtthewdelrey originally hosted on and off over the years and it took me long enough to finally grasp how to succeed. For anyone who's not familiar with my actual taste, I'm mostly an EDM and Hip-Hop enthuist so for me to even be participating in these kind of song games have always been out of my element but that contributes to the challenge. I always say this game is mostly about knowing your audience and it really tests your ability to adapt every round as the taste mold typically changes. I've had a strategy of appealing/pandering for the late-game since early game is more free-willing/forgiving in my experience. For ex; I've been comfortable sending Kendrick/The Weeknd early on but as the 2nd half came around I had to shift to artists that I normally wouldn't listen to (foxes/ava max/muna/lily allen etc) which is why so many people were surprised this season on the songs I sent. But I did what I needed to be done.  I know throughout my previous seasons, my critiques were questionable and made people feel a certain way about me but that was just my way of trying to hide my song choices (i'd even drag some of my own entries :rip:). I've learned from past mistakes and used it to improve my instincts (I had so many song switches that saved my ass) which resulted in me only having one song miss the top 10 (:xolife:) this entire run and never at the bottom.  Last season I peaked at #6 but before that I didn't even see the top 20 multiple times so it's not impossible for anyone to get far and possibly win. 

I would definitely like to thank @thecptz too for finding the time to host these and to deal with us. I am officially ending my ASC journey on a high note and am retiring cuz frankly i'm getting old. Dedicating this post to Bouncin; which was the most robbed song in the history of this game. #TomDom out. 

Yaas king love this speech, black excellence!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Bicassie

• touya kinomoto

• Psycho

1 minute ago, Seiko Oomori said:

excited to try this out next season

Omg a Godspa stan

Just now, Sanguine said:

Omg a Godspa stan

excited to see how next level plays in this someday

insta.thumb.gif.c44c56f47690a276e6c249f45eceb393.gif

4 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

Wishing u good luck! 

omg..... :jonny: this is definitely the most longest ASC ever, i feel. after almost 3 months, the season is finally... over

i want to thank all of you who signed up for this and for being a juror as well... i never thought i would get another successful season

but this season, i got so many more applicants and it was definitely unexpected. 52 players. whew.

and this is officially the most successful season in terms of the page counts too :eek: 560 pages!!! YALL SLAYED x

thanks @clue and @Element and later @Touch It on the production team. i would never finish this season without yall

and hopefully i will have you guys next season again, giggles.

this season has been a fun season to host tbh. i didn't experience much problems at all which was good

(the only problem i had was with the server when i posted the morning results #BanATRL)

this time, i've been so busy and if i had to read anyone's complaints, that would throw me off so much. so thank you for being great yall.

sorry for being late to post entries and results sometimes :laugh: but we've finished the season in the end...

i hope everyone had a fun time, for those who played ASC for the first time and for those who have played ASC multiple times

next season (season 19) won't be this year. maybe it will be around the same time next year! who knows!!

but i will be back as ur host again, that's for sure :heart2:

thank you again!

and here's your final scoreboard!!

PnZpGYI.png

JR6ERYZ.png

6 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

omg yas i'd love to have you!

Congrats to #TomDom, you dominated this season :clap3:

Also great job to my lovely tasteful besties Staryuiana and Luckiana who always served taste

I'm happy with another 2nd place, serving Dan Gheesling of Song Contest

Psycho out :hippo:

And thank you to the best baby hoest, baby z jr bestie :heart2:

Edited by Psycho

Congrats to #TomDom :clap3:You really killed the game even though you had to pander to the indie crowd a bit x

Also thanks to baby z for hosting. I gasped and giggled the entire season!

Congrats Tom!! slayed since day one well deserved 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:26 AM, thecptz said:

omg..... :jonny: this is definitely the most longest ASC ever, i feel. after almost 3 months, the season is finally... over

i want to thank all of you who signed up for this and for being a juror as well... i never thought i would get another successful season

but this season, i got so many more applicants and it was definitely unexpected. 52 players. whew.

and this is officially the most successful season in terms of the page counts too :eek: 560 pages!!! YALL SLAYED x

thanks @clue and @Element and later @Touch It on the production team. i would never finish this season without yall

and hopefully i will have you guys next season again, giggles.

this season has been a fun season to host tbh. i didn't experience much problems at all which was good

(the only problem i had was with the server when i posted the morning results #BanATRL)

this time, i've been so busy and if i had to read anyone's complaints, that would throw me off so much. so thank you for being great yall.

sorry for being late to post entries and results sometimes :laugh: but we've finished the season in the end...

i hope everyone had a fun time, for those who played ASC for the first time and for those who have played ASC multiple times

next season (season 19) won't be this year. maybe it will be around the same time next year! who knows!!

but i will be back as ur host again, that's for sure :heart2:

thank you again!

and here's your final scoreboard!!

PnZpGYI.png

JR6ERYZ.png

CONGRATS TOM VERCETTI ty for hosting baby z amazing game ty

• 3 months later...

Could someone mention me when this starts again?

My favourite ATRL game ?

1 hour ago, Lukey said:

Could someone mention me when this starts again?

My favourite ATRL game ?

it will likely be around march 2023 :heart2: but i'll be sure to ping you when i host it!

15 hours ago, thecptz said:

it will likely be around march 2023 :heart2: but i'll be sure to ping you when i host it!

2023?!

I'm gagged and not in the way I want to be

Thank you tho, I shall wait :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.