Let's Spoon 14 // WINNER: minho

Element

• ATRL Moderator

But honestly, why stop there??

You all fought so hard and I wanted to recognize that through another donation.

H2bOSLv.png

@shelven @EriKills @Aurora @Opulent @wehavetostan @99sandthe2000s

For earning 2nd place in the team competition, and for landing 3 of the top 6 (which was insanely impressive)... I have donated $25 to your charity as well!

Proof of Donation:

XVVxoDO.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Remmy

• minho

• Psycho

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

One more, the audience is saying??

Alright, let's do it! Let's recognize another team!

dXmqlI1.png

@Psycho @Henry @Euterpe @jqnetto @CBC @Julia Fox

For staying strong as the final intact team (all the way to the final 13, which was truly an impressive feat!!)...

I have donated $25 to your charity as well! Thank you for your efforts.

Proof of Donation:

jAXGeYB.png

sz4coOO.png

• ATRL Moderator

Oprah is telling me that 3 is not enough!

Let's donate to a fourth and final team's charity!!

IALuXUu.png

@rl231 @Gateau

@luckystrike @Armani? @littlepotter @Diarrhoea @Golden Hour

Truly this one is all because of Gateau but the rest of you were cute and tried your best!

Gateau, for earning 2nd place this season, I have donated $25 GPB to your team's charity as well!

Proof of Donation:

A7DNZp1.png

Congratulations to all four recognized teams! I will be posting all 10 charities and links to their website next, so that people can peruse them and support/spread the word if they'd like to!

Element serving real Oprah except with actual positive gifts instead of cars that most of the audience couldn't afford to pay the taxes on and had to sell

tumblr_llttn5Bl6k1qc41xjo1_250.gif

• ATRL Moderator

#SPOON4GOOD

CHARITY SPOTLIGHT

KRWX70r.png

Personal GoFundMe:

Help a Trans Woman of Color Seek Asylum to Canada

Hello, my name is Naya (she/they). I'm 19 and I'm fundraising money to seek asylum in Canada. I live in a homophobic/transphobic county in the Middle East where being queer is criminalized. I currently live with my biological family in a toxic household where I can't be myself or start my transition.

I am trying to leave the country to avoid being drafted into national service, where I could go through conversion therapy and face other kinds of abuse. It is of paramount importance that I get out of my country in time to avoid this situation -- my life and future depend on it.

I need 7k to cover the expenses of travel, and as proof of funds to help me secure a visa. I also need at least 13k to help with living expenses like housing and food for when I arrive in Canada as a new immigrant.

Your money will not only allow me to escape my current situation, but also begin building a life for myself in Canada and finally starting my transition, so I can live authentically as myself.

Check out the fundraiser at the purple link above!

If this fundraiser speaks to you, please feel free to share it on social media, ATRL, or with anyone you know who might be able to support! Donations are still open and appreciated, if you have the means to donate to Naya.

• ATRL Moderator

#SPOON4GOOD

CHARITY SPOTLIGHT

iOwC1DP.png

The Greater Boston Food Bank

Our Mission: End Hunger Here

GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. Last year, we distributed 117 million pounds of nutritious food to people who struggle to have enough to eat. We are committed to increasing our food distribution to provide three meals a day to every person in need in Eastern Massachusetts while supporting healthy lives and healthy communities.

The Greater Boston Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization.

Through compassion and action, together we can End Hunger Here.

Check out the charity's website at the red link above!

If this charity speaks to you, please feel free to share it on social media, ATRL, or with anyone you know who might be able to support! If you have the means to contribute to the Greater Boston Food Bank, donations are always appreciated!

I saw that GoFundMe on Twitter and it had a surprising amount of money in such a short time but I checked on it twice during the season and donations have slowed down quite a lot :'( But hopefully it can reach $2,000 soon and give her a better chance of leaving.

• ATRL Moderator

#SPOON4GOOD

CHARITY SPOTLIGHT

YcEEIM6.png

ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) was the first humane society to be established in North America and is, today, one of the largest in the world.

Our organization was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected under the law. Headquartered in New York City, the ASPCA maintains a strong local presence, and with programs that extend our anti-cruelty mission across the country, we are recognized as a national animal welfare organization. We are a privately funded 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, and are proud to boast more than 2 million supporters across the country.

The ASPCA’s mission, as stated by founder Henry Bergh in 1866, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.”

Check out the charity's website at the indigo link above!

If this charity speaks to you, please feel free to share it on social media, ATRL, or with anyone you know who might be able to support! If you have the means to contribute to the ASPCA, donations are always appreciated!

Naya #TeamRemmy’s honourable member :heart: hope she makes it out of that horrible situation as soon as possible :chick3:

• ATRL Moderator

#SPOON4GOOD

CHARITY SPOTLIGHT

o832kZ7.png

Lambda Legal

Founded in 1973, Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.

As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we do not charge our clients for legal representation or advocacy, and we receive no government funding. We depend on contributions from supporters around the country.

Impact Litigation

We select cases that will have the greatest impact in protecting and advancing the rights of LGBT people and those with HIV.

Education

We lead high-impact public education campaigns to help people exercise the rights they have and to build public support for equality.

Public Policy

We advocate for public policy at the local, state and federal levels to improve the lives of LGBT people, people affected by HIV, and their families and allies.

Check out the charity's website at the blue link above!

If this charity speaks to you, please feel free to share it on social media, ATRL, or with anyone you know who might be able to support! If you have the means to contribute to Lambda Legal, donations are always appreciated!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.