Unrest in Sweden over Quran burnings

Revolution

4 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

That’s honestly insane sis. Religious followers can always find themselves a friend. Non-religious theists, atheists, and spiritualists are outnumbered by the billions. No follower of the world’s major religions should feel threatened by any free speech if their religious beliefs are really so tried and true.

Y’all wanna be persecuted so bad :skull: 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BGXKB

• Delirious

• Bosque

• JoshBTW

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Um, I don’t know what to say sis. There are 2.4 billion Christians in the world and 1.8 billion Muslims. That’s 4.3 billion people, well over half of the world’s population. Of course people who don’t subscribe to Abrahamic religions are persecuted. :deadbanana:

10 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

That’s honestly insane sis. Religious followers can always find themselves a friend. Non-religious theists, atheists, and spiritualists are outnumbered by the billions. No follower of the world’s major religions should feel threatened by any free speech if their religious beliefs are really so tried and true.

Tea. The way I phrased it wasnt even bad. Normani said she thanked God for all her success etc. but I said it was because of her own talent and hardwork and not some random entity...like...was I not wrong? :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Atheists are in fact in danger all across the world. You can get stoned to death for being an atheist in A LOT of countries.

Islam has proved to be trash for plenty of reasons that have to do with misoginy and homophobia so i would burn their book too.

The amount of Islamophobia in this thread. Disgusting.

Violence is never the answer, however, these right wingers are more in the wrong because they went out of their way to antagonize a minority group. The Quran is the most sacred text in Islam and means a lot to billions of Muslims around the world. Why would they antagonize the few Muslims living in Sweden by burning their sacred book? There are several ways to express your dissatisfaction with a religious group without burning their holy book.

12 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

There are several ways to express your dissatisfaction with a religious group without burning their holy book.

And there are several ways to express your dissatisfaction  without burning cars and rioting…

4 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

And there are several ways to express your dissatisfaction  without burning cars and rioting…

Did you miss the part when I said “violence is never the answer”? I’m not defending burning cars, however, the right wingers are the aggressors here. When you antagonize a group of people (especially a minority group), don’t be surprised when they respond.

This all could’ve been avoided had the right wingers chose an alternative way to show their dissatisfaction of Islam without burning their holy book. Burning a religious group’s holy book is definitely an act of violence/provocation.

Edited by LookinAssHittas

23 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

Burning a religious group’s holy book is definitely an act of violence

No it isn’t. Stop trying to equate burning a book to burning cars and shops and rioting on the streets. Whilst burning a holy book is disrespectful and provoking, it is in no way comparable to destroying people’s properties. You don’t have to jump through hoops to justify an action you would immediately condemn  had it been another group doing it.

5 hours ago, LookinAssHittas said:

Burning a religious group’s holy book is definitely an act of violence/provocation.

Religion really brainwished y’all when you claim bruning a freaking book is act of violence :ahh: 

Poor gays in Sweden, imagine when these people become the majority..

Can we DELETE all the religions from the world. It is doing ONLY damage :skull::skull:

On 4/17/2022 at 11:55 PM, Communion said:

1) This hypothetical doesn't work because you're adding an element that doesn't exist; the rioting that happens is not being targeted specifically at Swedish citizens and you instantly having the feeling it is kind of speaks for itself.

2) This doesn't really work as a gotcha as even most American Atheists would be questioning why anyone would be burning a Bible to purposefully upset people. :skull: Only in Europe is secularism meant to be seen as the removal of religion in itself, and something tells me that this guy is not someone interested in secularism but is himself fighting in what he sees as a religious war.

6a7Wr0o.png

1) Even if it were true that the rioters weren’t targeting any group in particular, and I’ve seen no proof of these riots damaging the property of people from their own community from a quick search (but never mind that since I can’t really prove it), a riot in Texas over burned bibles that also damaged white Christian people’s property would still rightfully be labeled as an incredibly extremist act (even if not an act of white supremacism) and so would anyone commenting what that user commented originally.

2) Huh? Who was discussing the idiot that burned the Quran? Or American atheists/Swedish secularists and their reactions? You on something? Your straw-manning isn’t amusing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.