Unrest in Sweden over Quran burnings

Revolution

2 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Why wouldn't gay ppl be weary of religion though? Why is that surprising?

:clap3: 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BGXKB

• Delirious

• Bosque

• JoshBTW

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that people are called "islamophobic" for saying that people shouldn't burn cars and injure other humans :rip: 

28 minutes ago, Delirious said:

They're usually against religion (as they should be) :clap3:

I mean it's the whole or Reddit tbh 

How are they going to justify this one, given that the book burning took place in a completely different city on a completely different day? 

It is interesting that the free speech absolutists of the European far-right somehow suddenly support book-burning when it's meant to purposefully incite and anger *checks notes* people they consider "foreign brown invaders".

In the same continent where the same people are making it their mission to defend books that argue things like homosexuality and transgenderism are a mental illness and that these are valid opinions to have, and who think they're doing something by burning the Quran.

Edited by Communion

I mean the book burning is symbolic. The far right is not offering some good faith critique of Islam or really a critique of the religion at all. Don’t act dense enough to believe that Swedes would share the same animosity with Albanians or Serbians practicing Islam as opposed to the people this act is targeting. It’s quite literally a racially motivated agitation.

26 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The fact that people are called "islamophobic" for saying that people shouldn't burn cars and injure other humans :rip: 

Or for saying that women shouldn't be subjected to gang r*pe in the middle of the streets.  Leftist wokes in Sweden will call you islamophobic and say that's a lie even though it keeps happening all over the place.

Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about similar things happening in Finland as well, interesting timing

westerners are so deeply hateful towards islam. :shakeno: not surprised people in this thread are more mad at the protesters than the bigots

31 minutes ago, Orsay said:

westerners are so deeply hateful towards islam. :shakeno: not surprised people in this thread are more mad at the protesters than the bigots

"protesters" who burn cars and act violent against other humans over the burning of a book :sleep:

Just now, welham said:

"protesters" who burn cars and act violent against other humans over the burning of a book :sleep:

oh god, save it. thats exactly what the right (and apparently you) wanted. you think every protester there burned a car? use some common ******* sense.

Just now, Orsay said:

oh god, save it. thats exactly what the right (and apparently you) wanted. you think every protester there burned a car? use some common ******* sense.

As another user previously said, these right wing nuts ain't **** either as their behavior is at least partially racially motivated, but I have NO sympathy for these people either. The people participating in such "protests" wouldn't bat an eye before supporting a ban or persecution of my sexual identity (I would know, I live between such people), so boo fuking hoo if I don't feel sorry for their feelings being hurt over a hate-inciting book (and no, the moderate and liberal Muslims ignoring such hateful parts of their religion just like Christians or whoever else does for their own does not absolve the religion itself from criticism)

6 minutes ago, welham said:

As another user previously said, these right wing nuts ain't **** either as their behavior is at least partially racially motivated, but I have NO sympathy for these people either. The people participating in such "protests" wouldn't bat an eye before supporting a ban or persecution of my sexual identity (I would know, I live between such people), so boo fuking hoo if I don't feel sorry for their feelings being hurt over a hate-inciting book (and no, the moderate and liberal Muslims ignoring such hateful parts of their religion just like Christians or whoever else does for their own does not absolve the religion itself from criticism)

the people who were burning cars and being violent on either side were in the wrong, I'll give you that

If you do that over a book you should rethink your life, perhaps start attending kindergarden again or something. 

The dude who burned the book set a bait and those morons ate it with a hook. They should not only pay for the damage they have caused but also for the stupidity of how easily they got trolled. 

People may say it's just a book, but it's important to them and really feel their religion which is fine as long as it doesn't hurt anybody. I have to say they were a bit short sighter and let their feelinsg get the best of them, because this is exactly what this far right groups want, they want a reason to validate their speech.

Somebody should make a thread about how some Muslim groups are protesting Easter procession in Spain, a country they imigrated to.

This book-burning guy Rasmus Paludan is Danish and did it in his home country too a few years ago. He even ran for the election, but despite months of massive media attention he only got around 1% of the votes. 

2 hours ago, Oxy said:

Did I say the reaction is right? Never condoned it. 

But the fact will always remain, every action has a reaction. And Islam is not a monolith where we share a hive mind, so if they choose to riot this way it’s their choice, same way the far right chose to show their phobia.  

Thread title: unrest in Texas over bible burnings

The news: white Christian Texans burn cars of the people belonging to the religious/ethnic group the people that burned the Bibles belong to and riot over said extremist group planning to do it again. 
The comment: They choose the holy date of Christmas to provoke Christians… …They still expect no retaliation or a fight back. 

If anyone called the hypothetical commenter in this scenario a white supremacist enabler I wouldn’t necessarily disagree. Would you? 

Draw your own conclusions as to what that says about your original comment. 

Edited by JoshBTW

1 hour ago, JoshBTW said:

Thread title: unrest in Texas over bible burnings

The news: white Christian Texans burn cars of the people belonging to the religious/ethnic group the people that burned the Bibles belong to and riot over said extremist group planning to do it again. 

1) This hypothetical doesn't work because you're adding an element that doesn't exist; the rioting that happens is not being targeted specifically at Swedish citizens and you instantly having the feeling it is kind of speaks for itself.

2) This doesn't really work as a gotcha as even most American Atheists would be questioning why anyone would be burning a Bible to purposefully upset people. :skull: Only in Europe is secularism meant to be seen as the removal of religion in itself, and something tells me that this guy is not someone interested in secularism but is himself fighting in what he sees as a religious war.

6a7Wr0o.png

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

This book-burning guy Rasmus Paludan is Danish and did it in his home country too a few years ago. He even ran for the election, but despite months of massive media attention he only got around 1% of the votes. 

So a repeat offender acting as a hate monger with the sole intention of stoking anti-immigrant sentiment. Very interesting!

Screw whoever burned the Quaran to provoke Muslims

But also, let's not act like burning down a city is rational or proportional retaliation 

The dramatic :rip:

Would I commit a crime when someone burns a copy of Pokémon Legends Arceus and the Pokédex?

Yes, if it's the only copy left on earth.

No, if I can just go to GameStop to get another copy 

Not people in here defending the far right and the police (then use homophobia as their reasoning as if these groups have ever helped LGBT rights) :rip: Also weird to assume that Muslims/allies are the only ones responsible for the violence.

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Not people in here defending the far right and the police (then use homophobia as their reasoning as if these groups have ever helped LGBT rights) :rip: Also weird to assume that Muslims/allies are the only ones responsible for the violence.

Who was defending the far right? Show us some quotes

Why go out of your way to burn a book knowing how seriously people take it, unless you were looking to create a specific reaction :skull: I mean, both sides in this situation are wrong, but the people who decided to burn the Quran for the purpose of inciting hatred are at fault here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.