Gays, at what age do you find happiness?

Bloodflowers.

17 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

I accepted the fact that I can have only little glimpses of happiness during the day long.

I’m not meant to be fully happy :emofish:

You're not alone, it's the same story for all of us.

Happiness can only be a moment anyway. No one is able to feel happy permantly, our brain doesn't work like that. Some people are in tune with their feelings and appear to have achieved permanent happiness, but truth is they're just better at not letting emotions overwhelm them. That's all we can do, learning to understand our emotions. But sadness/happiness won't ever be permanent states if you're healthy.

Edited by The Next Day

I am determined to stay true to myself and remain miserable for the rest of my life :thing:

when you start recognising the blessings in your life and enjoying the little things.

Not yet. I'm hoping soon.

I found self love and self respect around 27-28 and it’s been easy to stay happy since 

6 hours ago, The Next Day said:

I don't think happiness is sth you "find", it's a temporary emotional state. Sadness (or rather the absence of happiness) is necessary to feel happiness or else you wouldn't know how happiness feels in comparison to sadness. There's no stage in life that's purely composed of happiness. There will always be happiness, sadness and a lot of inbetween in our lives. We have no choice but to deal with those changes. So, I would rather ask the question "When did you learn how to cope with your emotions?" cause learning to handle sadness seems very hard while being the best option we have. 

Whew sis spill :jonny5:

I remember a Lana interview where she talked about an ancient Greek belief happiness is something you constantly have to work towards rather than just a static feeling which I think is true. For now just focus on the aspects of life that make you unhappy and try improve and change why you can.

10 hours ago, The Next Day said:

You're not alone, it's the same story for all of us.

Happiness can only be a moment anyway. No one is able to feel happy permantly, our brain doesn't work like that. Some people are in tune with their feelings and appear to have achieved permanent happiness, but truth is they're just better at not letting emotions overwhelm them. That's all we can do, learning to understand our emotions. But sadness/happiness won't ever be permanent states if you're healthy.

Thank you, I needed this :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.