Poll: Only 1-in-5 young people support Biden, nearly 50-point swing since election

Communion

34 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The most unpopular in history at this point since election? It is, somehow, both completely shocking and yet entirely unsurprising that Biden and the Democrats fumbled this hard. More unpopular than Donald Trump, of all people, at this point in his term. More unpopular than anyone else ever.

The midterms and the 2024 election are going to be a horror show, all because Democrats want to continuously platform right-wingers whose signature policy stance is maintenance of the status quo - letting inflation run as high as it may, letting student debt linger, letting wages remain miserably stagnant, letting rent and tuition skyrocket, letting infrastructure rot.

Not so much as a single real action from them to stop any of this and now we start to see just how bad it's going to go for them. It's almost jaw-dropping.

I wanna say that this is what happens when your party leadership retains its old guard of late septuagenarians or higher. After all, none of them would give a rat's ass about what happens in the long term because they'll all be non-cognizant of it in one way or another (whether they're blissfully unaware due to dementia or they've died of old age). They don't have to worry about the world they're leaving behind for the rest of us.

But... you look at Democrat-based subreddits like r/neoliberal, r/Enough_Sanders_Spam, r/voteDEM, and the like, and you'll see that even the younger generation of Team Blue are true believers in the neoliberal rot the party has cultivated. They see nothing wrong with the Middle East adventurism propagated by Bush (that BIDEN helped enable and whip votes for the whole way). They bristle at the idea of their neocon heroes being designated war criminals when they've committed worse atrocities than the autocrats they're currently disparaging. The way they circled the wagons to protect Colin Powell's legacy from being criticized on his deathbed was a sight to see. :lmao: 

And honestly, given how the younger generations of Dems that Pelosi's even bothering to groom for future leadership, such as Hakeem Jeffries, are even more prone to left-bashing and blaming their failures on progressives alienating blue dogs, I don't see a future for this party that isn't a decade or more of conservative majorities in probably both the House and Senate at this point. Manchin killed Build Back Better, but it's "the left's fault."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• A Bomb

• Vroom Vroom

Cool wait  till their only other choice is trump again and they will vote for Biden again ?

17 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Cool wait  till their only other choice is trump again and they will vote for Biden again ?

Or they just... don't care, because the Democrats have made it clear that they don't really care either. :ahh: 

You guys really just bask in your party's sheer mediocrity, don't you? :ahh: 

On 4/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, Isaiah said:

You guys need to understand that as far as the gp are concerned, Democrats are the left. 

The Democrats would probably be considered a centre right party in most parts of the world.

I'm so glad I live in a country with a proportional representation system, so if the centre left party is a disappointment, I can vote for the Greens and have a reasonable expectation of a left wing coalition government that includes the people I voted for, instead of having to vote for this loser because the other option is probably going to be Trump.

I feel bad for him, this was his dream but he honestly didn't want nor had any interest in doing the work. He just wanted to be the cool big man on campus.

Congrats to the repubs on the midterms and in 2024 if this keeps up. America enters the fascism era once again.

They already have youth & beauty. You can't expect them to have smarts too.  

:coffee:

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, Communion said:

I got some bad news for you, sis.

Biden better pick up that pen, stat. :cm:

This is where I’m at.  If there is not sweeping actions taken on student debt or marijuana legalization, I will abstain or vote 3rd party.  I gave the benefit of the doubt to Biden and voted for him and he had four years to make a dent and has failed to do so. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, Vroom Vroom said:

Too bad young people don’t vote. 70 year olds that relate to Biden vote. They are not phased by his gaffes because they also have small gaffes through out the day

Young people don’t vote because major parties chose nearly the oldest person they can to run and they do so on actions that have nearly no affect on a young persons life.  

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/17/2022 at 12:20 AM, GhostBox said:

Is your only appeal to undecided voters the fact that Biden isn’t Trump, again? :rip:  It worked in 2020 but it won’t work here.  People are TIRED. 

25 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Is your only appeal to undecided voters the fact that Biden isn’t Trump, again? :rip:  It worked in 2020 but it won’t work here.  People are TIRED. 

Their ONLY case they can make is “Suck it up and vote for our mediocrity because we’re still marginally better than the alternative.” As if that will be enough for the people who aren’t politically engaged, let alone the people who are simply demoralized and expressing so, but will probably get guilt-tripped into voting Dem and taking the blame anyway when they inevitably lose.

Biden has done worse than nothing. He is actively harmful to the Democratic Party brand, and all of the minorities his party claims to support.

Future House Minority Leader here:

The funny thing is, “pocketbook issues” are antithetical to what President Manchin and Sinema care about, or we wouldn’t be in this mess to begin with.

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

Let me answer for them - yes. :skull:

On 4/19/2022 at 10:51 AM, khalyan said:

This is where I’m at.  If there is not sweeping actions taken on student debt or marijuana legalization, I will abstain or vote 3rd party.  I gave the benefit of the doubt to Biden and voted for him and he had four years to make a dent and has failed to do so. 

Young people don’t vote because major parties chose nearly the oldest person they can to run and they do so on actions that have nearly no affect on a young persons life.  

Yep.

I'm 100% abstaining from voting this time around.

******* Democrats fumbled the easiest layup in history to lose the governing body for another decade again. They ******* deserve it. :deadbanana4:

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 9:55 PM, ConceptD said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if trump wins in 2024 tbh. They’re all the same though and we’re basically voting for a team mascot at this point so it is what it is I guess. 

Trump IS winning in 2024, unless some other Republican candidate comes up and takes the country by storm.  I’ve already mentally prepared myself for this.

Biden will probably run for re-election even though he really needs to retire. He’s not getting re-elected.  I really think there should be an age limit to political office.

America is in decline because our political system just sucks. I can’t even put full responsibility on Trump, the foundation was set for a man like him to take advantage of the climate for a very long time.

either way if Trump runs or doesn't run....whoever it is, they will be elected, not Biden.  And if....and that's a big IF.....gas prices go down and inflation stops or goes down under Republican leadership, you'll never see a Democratic president ever again. 

3 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

Trump IS winning in 2024, unless some other Republican candidate comes up and takes the country by storm.  I’ve already mentally prepared myself for this.

Biden will probably run for re-election even though he really needs to retire. He’s not getting re-elected.  I really think there should be an age limit to political office.

America is in decline because our political system just sucks. I can’t even put full responsibility on Trump, the foundation was set for a man like him to take advantage of the climate for a very long time.

I mean, Biden will run for re-election simply for the fact that... as unpopular and deeply-hated as he is, pretty much every other Democrat is worse off than him in every regard. Kamala Harris's inevitable nomination and utter flop will be... a sight to see, whether it's in 2024 or 2028. But it will be demanded that Democrats clear the pathway to the nomination for her when it's "her time" like they did with Hillary Clinton, and I don't see how they get away with... not nominating her, for fear of being branded as racist and sexist if they don't.

The people in here willing to help indirectly elect a literal fascist... :toofunny3:

34 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

The people in here willing to help indirectly elect a literal fascist... :toofunny3:

In that case an incompetent campaign is also doing that. I guess, for white and privileged politicians that incompetence is endearing or some ****. 

21 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

It's truly enraging and honestly inexplicable. 

"Choosing between the lesser of two evils is not a choice" they shout. Except it is. Why? Because you're choosing. Read the first word of the goddamn sentence

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-campaign-doesnt-consider-latinos-143056489.html

at some point people should feel embarrassed by the dick riding they do for the wealthy white dinos they call "politicians". With Democrats you can only really fail upward, huh? :bibliahh:

16 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

In that case an incompetent campaign is also doing that. I guess, for white and privileged politicians that incompetence is endearing or some ****. 

It doesn't take rocket science to hear this, then hear the Democrats' side, and choose the Democrats. Even if they aren't accomplishing everything the left and progressives want, hell, even if they're accomplishing nothing progressives want, that's still better than literally calling for legalized genocide. :mazen:

8 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Kamala or DeSantis? Pick one

In this fantasy world is the presidential election decided on just my vote? I mean :skull: 

Votes can be made up. Just as what I linked to you suggested. They did not care about engaging with Latino voters and would rather rely on white suburbanites. So what is the issue with me acknowledging and acting accordingly. I will for sure vote in a primary to get someone with an actual plan to better American than the cop who jailed homeless mothers.

6 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

It doesn't take rocket science to hear this, then hear the Democrats' side, and choose the Democrats. Even if they aren't accomplishing everything the left and progressives want, hell, even if they're accomplishing nothing progressives want, that's still better than literally calling for legalized genocide. :mazen:

*Sees the gun bill that does absolutely zero to stop mass shootings. Then will be used as evidence for why we cant do anything about gun violence by conservative Republicans with Democrats largely nodding in agreement* 

on that genocide point. Democrats do not want to engage in any rhetoric against that :deadbanana2: They are calling for a strong Republican party for god’s sake. Joe Biden said when he won the election. “Within 6 months Republicans will come back to their senses” :bibliahh:where are the fighters against this right wing violence??? Oh yeah they are busy being crushed by millions of dollars so they get no where near any size of power. Only you believe this trite bullshit. 

49 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Kamala or DeSantis? Pick one

We lose either way. At least with DeSantis, ****-libs and K-Hive lose as well and I hope they suffer greatly. :heart2: 

I don't see why Trump wouldn't choose DeSantis as his running mate, virtually guaranteeing 12 straight years of republican leadership.

2 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

OK that's just despicable. LGBTQ+ communities could possible cease to exist under his presidency. But then again you would like that

Theres literally been no difference between Biden and Trump in terms of material change for LGBTQ communities. In fact the rightwing backlash in various states against lgbtq under a national Biden admin has been worse. It’s almost like no matter who you put in office the inherently rightwing us gov will not be fixed... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.