Diablo Cody reminisces about working with Madonna on her biopic.

GlamSlam

https://www.wrmf.com/diablo-cody-reminisces-about-working-with-madonna-on-her-biopic-im-profoundly-grateful-for-the-experience/

Oscar-winning screenwriter Diablo Cody “still can’t believe” she worked with Madonna, telling ABC Audio it was “a dream come true” to co-write her idol’s biopic.

The Queen of Pop announced in September 2020 that she would be directing her own biopic, and tapped Cody to co-write the script with her. According to Madge, the movie is a “happy, sad, mad, crazy, good, bad and ugly” story of her rise to stardom.

“I still can’t believe that’s how I was able to spend my summer,” Cody said of the experience. “She’s incredible! I don’t think I’ve ever met anybody with a work ethic like that before.”

“Madonna is just on another level,” the Juno writer continued. “I can’t really say that much about [the movie] but I can say that I’m profoundly grateful for the experience.”

Cody also said the collaboration was a bucket-list experience, explaining, “If you had told me when I was in the fifth grade that some day I would get to hang out with Madonna and breathe the same air as Madonna and sit at her knee as she shared the stories of her life? I would never have believed you.”

Madonna fans were told the collaboration ended because she was a bullying harridan that's extremely difficult to work for. :michael:   What's going on?

Everyone knows that QoP has the best work ethic in the game :clap3:

Diablo may just not enjoy being on camera..who knows how it was like when no cameras were rolling.

i need to know why madonna got rid of her, maybe they just realized they weren't a good fit.

2 minutes ago, ***** of Babylon said:

i need to know why madonna got rid of her, maybe they just realized they weren't a good fit.

She didn't tho, Diablo finished her script for the project and just moved on... 

Well, the Queen of Pop is the Queen for many reasons :clap:

2 hours ago, ***** of Babylon said:

Diablo only had limited time to work on the project because she had other prior engagements. 

It was likely that Universal wanted edits or rewrites of the script after the first draft. This is normal Hollywood procedure. 

3 hours ago, Madonno said:

Well, the Queen of Pop is the Queen for many reasons :clap:

:clap3:

47 minutes ago, crazyncool said:

Did she end up writing the script? I thought she quit!

no she didn't. that's just the madonna haters being hard at work to sabotage the movie. 

This thread's quiet. Then again, it makes sense considering Diablo said good things about Madonna. If she had trashed her this thread would be 10 pages by now. :rip:

Diablo kept it classy. Love that for her :clap3:

Everyone who works with Madonna seems to have nothing but praise for her. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.