Is Katy Perry the new Paula Abdul?

little legend

Can you piss the **** off with this tired ass question. 

Katy is a global icon with a far greater reach and impact than local Paula ever had. She also has multiple classics to her name, and she’s one of the biggest selling and most streamed artists ever.  

Also what’s so bad about being a Paula, when you still bring up her name 45 years after she debuted. Sounds like a win to me. 

6 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Katy is a global icon with a far greater reach and impact than local Paula ever had. She also has multiple classics to her name, and she’s one of the biggest selling and most streamed artists ever.  

Also what’s so bad about being a Paula, when you still bring up her name 45 years after she debuted. Sounds like a win to me. 

I didn't say that it is bad to compare someone with Paula Abdul neither i shaded Katy. You on the other hand:dies:

When I was in college a professor referred to Paula Abdul as “the Katy Perry of the 80s” when trying to explain who she was… and this was probably like… 2013, when Katy was still near her peak. Perhaps my professor cursed her.  :psych:

I don't think so, Paula always displayed a lot of talent in her performances.

At the very least they served very similar longevity. Give it a decade or two, and if Katy is as irrelevant in the 2030s as Paula is now, then we can definitively say she is the new Paula Abdul. 

Katy was much more successful and has a brand of her own. But the thing is, she fell so hard so fast compared to her peers, so maybe there could be a point that she was the New Paula with the way compared to her peers.

Katy's peaks were MUCH higher. :skull: It's not comparable at all

Katy’s daily Spotify streams show she is remembered and clearly so is Paula if her names in your mouth. We all know what you mean by this question. 

Edited by Delusional

i'm gonna say yes. they both went on american idol after flopping and they're both relics of their time and their music represents the music climate of the time. nothing wrong with that though, they both had impressive careers and paula abdul has some great music.

this is at least the 3rd time you've made this thread asking the exact same question 

Katy had 3 succesful eras and Paula had 1? and a half if we're being generous. Not really comparable.

No one is the new anyone.

1 hour ago, little legend said:

I didn't say that it is bad to compare someone with Paula Abdul neither i shaded Katy. You on the other hand:dies:

Lol we all know what was implied by the title :swan:

Well, Paula was forced to retire after a serious accident - while she was somewhat on top. Meanwhile Katy’s still around- tormenting us with her subpar songs. 

The only thing that is similar about them is both of them were a judge on American Idol. They really have a massive gap in terms of career and global impact.

1 hour ago, wehan6 said:

this is at least the 3rd time you've made this thread asking the exact same question 

It's probably the 5th-6th-7th or whatever, but I wanted to also ask this question on our new forum. Something like a welcoming

3 hours ago, Valentine said:

Why are you so defensive ? Paula is still a pop icon 

2 hours ago, wehan6 said:

And the answer is always yes

21 hours ago, Yelero said:

And the answer is always yes

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.