95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

On 1/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, Donquizote said:

Heard that To Leslie only had 5 days theatrical run while to be eligible for Oscar, the film must have 7 days theatrical run :skull:

A mess if they decided to revoke her Oscar nom like they did in the past for Best Original Song category :rip:

If this is true this is :

1. Over for Miss Andrea.

2. EMBARASSING for the academy not even reviewing their nominees prior to announcement day. How degrading and unprofessional :rip: Hopefully it's not true.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

Just rewatched My Week with Marilyn and The Help.

Yup, Meryl didn't deserve to win that 3rd Oscar over Michelle and Viola :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Just rewatched My Week with Marilyn and The Help.

Yup, Meryl didn't deserve to win that 3rd Oscar over Michelle and Viola :jonny5:

Meryl better sit out the next 10 years before she blocks more actresses 

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

EEAAO is literal perfection and deserves ALL the flowers it's receiving.

1000000% -- evoked every single emotion imaginable in me 

1 minute ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Meryl better sit out the next 10 years before she blocks more actresses 

Hoping that Academy conducts investigation on Meryl's underserved Oscar nominations next :fan: 

The girls in this thread talking about EEAAO being silly, overhyped are once again giving more and more reasons to not predict it to win Best Picture.

EEAAO has : passion, a lot of #1's, it overperformed on nominations day but also we already know some of the AMPAS members will not live for it's "edge".

Banshees has : LOTS of #2 and #3's, some passion, the gift of being both depressing and funny so not exactly the Roma or Power Of The Dog of the szn, strong showing on nominations day, and like.... no one really hates Banshees :michael:

Some of the dolls in here need to get ready cuz hunny...

Ohshestakingit Monique GIF - Ohshestakingit Monique Charmschool - Discover  & Share GIFs

Sorry but Everything Everywhere will not win BP hun. The only awards it'll win are Director and Supporting Actor, but the director category is till debatable especially that Spielberg just won Globes.

It doesn't have that 'wow' factor like Parasite.

It's either Banshees or Fabelmans :sorry: 

Edited by Donquizote
edit

8 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

The girls in this thread talking about EEAAO being silly, overhyped are once again giving more and more reasons to not predict it to win Best Picture.

EEAAO has : passion, a lot of #1's, it overperformed on nominations day but also we already know some of the AMPAS members will not live for it's "edge".

Banshees has : LOTS of #2 and #3's, some passion, the gift of being both depressing and funny so not exactly the Roma or Power Of The Dog of the szn, strong showing on nominations day, and like.... no one really hates Banshees :michael:

Some of the dolls in here need to get ready cuz hunny...

Ohshestakingit Monique GIF - Ohshestakingit Monique Charmschool - Discover  & Share GIFs

ATRL is out of touch with reality and most of the time they view award show according to their stan glasses.

ohshestakingit-monique.gif

I still think EEAAO has a shot because the passion is strong but for the undelusional awards followers like me, unless a scandal (concocted by the eeaao team or stans) sees the light of day, the writing is kind of on the wall.

We are like light filaments, we will at some point fade away — How's the  despair? The Banshees of Inisherin...

Watching Tar. 50 minutes in and I’m floored. Was rooting for Michelle but now… I’m…

Damn, Cate, girl. 

She’s an icon. She’s a legend and She’s certainly THE MOMENT.

:deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Watching Tar. 50 minutes in and I’m floored. Was rooting for Michelle but now… I’m…

Damn, Cate, girl. 

She’s an icon. She’s a legend and She’s certainly THE MOMENT.

:deadbanana4:

Glad you saw the light :clap3:

30 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Sorry but Everything Everywhere will not win BP hun. The only awards it'll win are Director and Supporting Actor, but the director category is till debatable especially that Spielberg just won Globes.

It doesn't have that 'wow' factor like Parasite.

It's either Banshees or Fabelmans :sorry: 

Fabelmans has 0 chance :lmao:

It’s EEAAO with Banshees as a possible spoiler. 

5 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Not 0 chance when it won People's Award at Toronto.

It's a not a divisive movie like EEAAO.

AMPAS members are going to vote for performance, not narrative, again this time around.

The best decision ever when they did that with Colman, Hopkins, and McDormand.

This time they'll vote for the best performance which is Queen Lydia Tar :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Not 0 chance when it won People's Award at Toronto.

It's a not a divisive movie like EEAAO.

That means nothing, Fabelmans was a massive flop that undeperformed while EEAAO was a box office success that has over performed all season. 

It’s not winning Best Picture :skull: 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

That means nothing, Fabelmans was a massive flop that undeperformed while EEAAO was a box office success that has over performed all season. 

It’s not winning Best Picture :skull: 

The fact that everyone here is so confident like they did with La La Land:rip: :bibliahh:

24 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Fabelmans/Spielberg could win director tho... DGA is more likely to go to him, and DGA winner will probably take the Oscar.

I don't know why people think Fabelmans has 0 chance.

It's a safe movie about Spielberg and his life. It won Globes and Toronto. AMPAS voters will place that movie at #2, #3 or #4 when they vote since it's not divisive. While EEAAO will get many #1, it will also get lots of #8 or #10 too :toofunny3:

It's top 5 but TÁR's overperformance and AQOTWF's surge are giving more #3 than The Fabelblands. :michael:

Either way it would have to beat out two massive monster contenders and it just doesn't have that kind of pull, we'll never truly know where it places.

Let's NEVER forget the "Crash" fiasco over "Brokeback Mountain" because of split votes. Usually when you win Best Director AND Best Screenplay, Best Picture is a given but not that year.

Every year it's a fight between whoever gets Best Director and Best Screenplay that determines the BP winner. But when you get both there's no doubt and yet you can still lose because of split votes.

A rare split vote could turn things away from both EEAAO and Banshees.

The Fabelmans would be such a terrible winner :rip:, really I would prefer any of the others before that. Those pseudo-autobiographical films really need to stop, the movie was so corny, uninspired directing by Spielberg, who somehow is the frontrunner in directing. :biblio: A career-worst performance by Michelle Williams, like seriously, I can't believe Spielberg allowed that, did her mother behave like that? Was he trying to make fun of her? Paul Dano and Gabriel LaBelle were great, but they choose to nominated Judd Hirsch for one of the most random scenes in the film, like seriously it's practically a cameo and not a good one. 

Also, it's the first time in years the supposed "PEOPLE's Choice Award" from Toronto flopped at the box office. :toofunny3: Why is there the need to nominate everything Spielberg does? There is nothing special or groundbreaking about this film. Also, the movie felt so pointless, because there wasn't any struggle during his childhood/teenage life, like what was the most awful one? That his mother cheat on his father?  Which it's ironic because apparently Spielberg himself end up being a cheater later in his life. :toofunny2:

7 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Let's NEVER forget the "Crash" fiasco over "Brokeback Mountain" because of split votes.

Yeah... Brokeback lost because of "Split votes" :toofunny3:

There isn't a single movie that is 10% as divisive as Brokeback Mountain was in that race for all the political reasons we know about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.