• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

Cate Blanchett winning actress and Todd Field winning director will be a moment most pleasing to me

Donquizote

Imagine the mess if they announced wrong winner for Best Actress since we have two Michelles this year :rip:

4 hours ago, Feanor said:

Cate's combo of critics trifecta + Volpi Cup + Golden Globe + Critics' Choice + likely AACTA & BAFTA wins

whew, see when you do talentry

2 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Reminder that people were so convinced Mulligan would win over McDormand :toofunny2:

and come Oscar night they even turned OFF her lights. poor sis was sitting in the dark while Legend Frances was barking on stage

49 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Imagine the mess if they announced wrong winner for Best Actress since we have two Michelles this year :rip:

Oh wait who is presenting BA I wonder since Will is banned?

It took Meryl Streep 21 nominations to win her 3rd Oscar... and we really think they're gonna give Cate Blanchette her 3rd from only 8 nominations? I just don't see it.

She's obviously deserving and win-worthy, but I think it's the wrong choice. Best Actress needs to be Michelle Yeoh. 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

It took Meryl Streep 21 nominations to win her 3rd Oscar... and we really think they're gonna give Cate Blanchette her 3rd from only 8 nominations? I just don't see it.

She's obviously deserving and win-worthy, but I think it's the wrong choice. Best Actress needs to be Michelle Yeoh. 

Well Frances McDormand won 3 acting Oscars after 6 acting nominations :skull: 

Reminder that Chicago Film Critics and Indie Spirit serve taste by nominating QUEEN RISEborough :clap3:

1 hour ago, hausofdave said:

looks like the investigation is official :cm:

They can now investigate why Amy Adams wasn't nominated for Arrival :clap3:

6 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

They can now investigate why Amy Adams wasn't nominated for Arrival :clap3:

Arrival's my favorite movie of all time, so i can support this :clap3:

1 hour ago, Green said:

Well Frances McDormand won 3 acting Oscars after 6 acting nominations :skull: 

Oh wow I forgot that, well nevermind 

44 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Reminder that Chicago Film Critics and Indie Spirit serve taste by nominating QUEEN RISEborough :clap3:

did you even know who she was two weeks ago :rip:

9 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

did you even know who she was two weeks ago :rip:

Watched To Leslie and she is miles better than Viola, Michelle W, and Deadwyler :clap3:So glad that acting branch made the right decision to nominate her :clap3:

Queen Kate, Queen RISEborough, and Queen Cate in the same room for Oscar. Hope they take picture together. The talent in one photo :clap3:

They can also start to open investigation to some of Meryl's questionable nominations while they are at it :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, period sis said:

user above really stans anyone white I swear ^^^^

at least they're not hiding it:rip:

14 minutes ago, period sis said:

user above really stans anyone white I swear ^^^^

Not when I've been stanning for Tang Wei since the award season :toofunny3:

Perhaps not everything is black and white? 

I mean it was mostly Deadwyler the one that lost the nom not Viola, and it was the fact that Andrea and Ana got in because both were a surprise that people weren’t expecting.

I would like to see the number of votes each got to see how close they were.

Also Mia, she got several smaller or critics noms and yet received nothing so there’s that, and then Margot too, at the end of the day is about exposure and campaigning.

But crazier thing happen, JLo got more wins and noms than Viola/Deadwyler or Ana and Andrea here and she was snubbed and Kathy Bates got in with less support 💀

Edited by Dark Phoenix

22 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I mean it was mostly Deadwyler the one that lost the nom not Viola, and it was the fact that Andrea and Ana got in because both were a surprise that people weren’t expecting.

I would like to see the number of votes each got to see how close they were.

Also Mia, she got several smaller or critics noms and yet received nothing so there’s that, and then Margot too, at the end of the day is about exposure and campaigning.

But crazier thing happen, JLo got more wins and noms than Viola/Deadwyler or Ana and Andrea here and she was snubbed and Kathy Bates got in with less support 💀

also

hustlers 79 metacritic, year's #30 film in US box office

till 79, year's #79 film

woman king 77, year's #28 film

blonde 50, n/a box office

to leslie's BO was apparently too small to report

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Oh wow I forgot that, well nevermind 

frances the walter brennan of our times.

Edited by fridayteenage

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

Watched To Leslie and she is miles better than Viola, Michelle W, and Deadwyler :clap3:So glad that acting branch made the right decision to nominate her :clap3:

To Leslie is your basic run of the mill indie. No way was Andrea better than Viola or Danielle. Michelle W is arguable. 

“In a post dated two weeks ago, the official Instagram account for “To Leslie” quoted Richard Roeper’s blurb from his top 10 films of 2022 article from the Chicago Sun-Times, where he listed the movie at no. 5. The quote reads: “As much as I admired Blanchett’s work in ‘Tár,’ my favorite performance by a woman this year was delivered by the chameleonlike Andrea Riseborough…

This could be seen as a direct violation of the Academy’s campaign rules, specifically no. 11: “References to Other Nominees. Part B reads: “any tactic that singles out ‘the competition’ by name or titles is expressly forbidden.” [End of Excerpt]

Seems like a open and shut case to me, the rule was violated. So the nomination should get rescinded. Andrea was the executive producer of To Leslie, so it’s very likely she was aware of the post on the official page  :cm:

I just finished Aftersun. Can someone please explain to me as to why Paul Mescal was nominated? I didn’t see anything remotely award-worthy or even interesting about his performance. 

Frankie Corio stole every scene they were in together. I’m confused. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.