95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

12 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

Kelly Reichardt's films will never make a dent in Academy circles. :rip: They are completely antithetical to Oscar favorites

well I didn't say it will make it to the oscars. but her last movie (first cow) did make a decent amount of accolades. enough to dissuade A24 from releasing this new one yet.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

Has anyone here seen Woman Talking yet? It's the last Best Picture nominee I need to see. I think it's finally going wide...

Managed to see 9/10 before the noms were even announced, iktr!

Edited by WildAmerican

4 hours ago, kgeezy310 said:

yall are STILL talking about Andrea Riseborough? 

be mad at Ana de Armas and Netflix for that crazy nomination for Blonde.  Danielle Deadwyler should've taken Ana's spot and this would be a great lineup. 

I bought To Leslie last night and she definitely deserves over Ana, Viola, Margot, Emma Thompson, etc.  She gave a great performance and it was just in a film that had no backing by a studio.

10 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

The outrage over Riseborough's nomination is pretty annoying. Peers actively supporting and spreading the word for your work is the literal definition of a true, genuine campaign. And like I said, this happens every year, just not with as many big names joining forces for such a little-known performance/film.

The real payola here is the exuberant amounts of money spent by big studios to spin media narratives and their borderline harrassment through advertising in order to sway voters.

Yes it sucks that Deadwyler missed (she deserved a nom for her beautiful pronunciation of eyeliD alone) but that's on De Armas and white Michelle sneaking in with subpar work backed by big studios.

This

Lindsay Lohan just praised Andrea Riseborough on insta.

20 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

How can you be shamed for ignoring something nobody even knew existed until yesterday?

spacer.png

They would if they bothered to watch some films instead of being lazy and voting for the same 5 pictures. They’re f***ing useless. Critics choice being the most egregious culprit. Andrea got into Independent spirit awards though. 

Im mad she kicked Danielle out though. Im over Viola. 

When Drea wins and directly quotes Mo’Nique thanking the Academy for showing it can be about the performance, not the politics and y’all proceed to make HER… the bad guy An-Ri >>>

:jonny5:

21 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

So her latest movie grossed $27,000 and you think an Oscar nomination will hurt her career. Riight

Well an Oscar nomination is usually a launching pad and a boost for unknowns and rising actors so it might not help her if some people in the industry felt blindsided by it but who knows yet 

Just finished watchinf Aftersun :chick3: i didnt get the movie at first until 10 minutes after the ending scene and now I cannot stop thinking about it. It’s just too sad :chick3:

Spoiler

Paul Mescal’s 🍑though

2 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Just finished watchinf Aftersun :chick3: i didnt get the movie at first until 10 minutes after the ending scene and now I cannot stop thinking about it. It’s just too sad :chick3:

Hide contents

Paul Mescal’s 🍑though

Hapenned the same to me, I was lowkey bored during most of the film, but once I got it all it really stayed with me. It really deserved the BP nom better than AQOTWF or Women talking tbh

We keep being told Andrea FRAUDborough gave an amazing performance in To Leslie, so she deserved to scam; but in the clips I've seen of the movie......not impressed.  Typical poor white country woman with surface level drug and attitude problems, nothing we haven't see before. 

This is the best performance Kate Winslet has ever seen???

Heard that To Leslie only had 5 days theatrical run while to be eligible for Oscar, the film must have 7 days theatrical run :skull:

A mess if they decided to revoke her Oscar nom like they did in the past for Best Original Song category :rip:

When Andrea is OUT amd got replaced by the 6th actress that is not Davis/Deadwyler :ahh: better keep it to 4 

now all the fraudborough defenders look like clowns

ana stays unbothered 

Andrea is literally a prime example of white privilege. She and her director just asked all their famous white women friends to payola the film and get people to vote for it and it worked

8 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

When Andrea is OUT amd got replaced by the 6th actress that is not Davis/Deadwyler :ahh: better keep it to 4 

They kept nominees to 4 when they revoked nomination for Alone Yet Not Alone in 2014.

Ironically Cate was also nominated and won when they revoked Alone Yet Not Alone for BOS in 2014 :toofunny3:

Andrea needs to be CANCELLED. What a fraud :rip:

If her nomination gets revoked.

spacer.png

Hoping the Andrea situation helps Michelle 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.