• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

19 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Oh ok

Watch Normal People (a beautiful miniseries). He's the most charming person ever and he went full-frontal in it. Jdj

7 minutes ago, wehan6 said:

FnPqUFAXkAIK1Ci?format=jpg&name=4096x409

:redface:

You gotta give it to the villain from Titanic for starting a campaign that should've cost millions of dollars and ended up costing nada :cm:

25 minutes ago, Right Now said:

What is the story behind Andrea Riseborough’s nom? Why is everyone so shocked?

She basically begged her friends and her friends' friends to campaign for her during the last 2 weeks of voting and they actually did it. She didn't get SAG, BAFTA, Golden Golden or Critics Choice for this performance and she kicked out Viola Davis/Danielle Deadwyler thanks to these shenanigans. Unprecedented and wild. That woman was on a MISSION. 

Edited by Blade Runner

I actually saw Stephanie Hsu on Broadway and I only realized it now :jonny5:

Be More Chill was one of the worst musicals I have ever seen though, sorry queen 

Edited by TaylorNation

Y’all take all of this way too serious.

If I were an Academy voter I would vote Riseborough at this point just for the mess and kii and only hang out with fellow fun, non-boring people doing the same.

KYtBoeg.gif

If anything Michelle Williams stole that nom from deadwyler cause Michelle what was that terrible performance? :bibliahh:

Edited by DONTYELLATME

ezgif-5-9f72060dec.thumb.gif.9ba13defb51

Daddy getting his first nomination :clap3:

So much deserved! What a performance :clap3: 

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

She basically begged her friends and her friends' friends to campaign for her […] That woman was on a MISSION. 

The way y’all are trying to frame it this way is weird. If she’d really been all that thirsty I’m sure she’d have actually left the house and done something to get attention. Maybe she’s just cool and has lot of friends in the industry that all liked and respected her performance.

The woman is kinda a recluse and has an Instagram account with 18,000 followers that she hasn’t used in 5 years. That says it all. 

At least blame Cate’s evil genius for partaking in this campaign that directly took out some of her competition.

KYtBoeg.gif

Am I delulu to think Gaga could pull an upset 

also Angela :jonnycat:

Watching EEAAO

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

Wait, doesn't Jennifer Aniston have A-list friends like RISEborough? Where were they when she was campaigning for Cake?

Coma Baby

48 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Watch Normal People (a beautiful miniseries). He's the most charming person ever and he went full-frontal in it. Jdj

i might just do that thanks

6 minutes ago, Riot said:

Wait, doesn't Jennifer Aniston have A-list friends like RISEborough? Where were they when she was campaigning for Cake?

Coma Baby

Angeloser spread lies about Ani that season, but that’s a story for another day.

KYtBoeg.gif

42 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

She basically begged her friends and her friends' friends to campaign for her during the last 2 weeks of voting and they actually did it. She didn't get SAG, BAFTA, Golden Golden or Critics Choice for this performance and she kicked out Viola Davis/Danielle Deadwyler thanks to these shenanigans. Unprecedented and wild. That woman was on a MISSION. 

A fraud I fear

KYtBoeg.gif

Let me watch her movie tho

KYtBoeg.gif

someone in the Melissa Leo base said that cate was campaigning for Riseborough in multiple Zoom calls at once just to secure that sweet win. Kate Winslet was handling the waiting room. Idk if its true, how fked up though. 

KYtBoeg.gif

Andrea Riseborough SWEPT IN wheww

Everyone go watch Possessor

Edited by Dark Miracles

15 minutes ago, Liafen said:

someone in the Melissa Leo base said that cate was campaigning for Riseborough in multiple Zoom calls at once just to secure that sweet win. Kate Winslet was handling the waiting room. Idk if its true, how fked up though. 

KYtBoeg.gif

This is why I love the I(ates.

KYtBoeg.gif

Twitter can fume but Ana deserves that nom, Viola was the weakest in the woman king and she doesn’t belong in the lead category. The only snub was Danielle deadwyler in best actress :giraffe:

4 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

Andrea Riseborough getting in is so bad yet so interesting for awards now that this worked...anyone can just get their friends to say their name constantly like idk how to feel about it

Huh? That's standard practice in awards season. And it doesn't always work (for instance Guillermo del Toro campaigning for Ian McKellen's performance in Mr. Holmes which was unfortunately snubbed in favor of ******* Matt Damon talking into a webcam for two hours).

What's so unique about this situation though is just how many A-listers came together out of nowhere to champion Riseborough in an essentially unknown film. Truly can only be possible because of the respect Riseborough has built up over the years and it's deserved. Too bad though that Deadwyler fell by the wayside because of this late surge. She shoud've been nominated instead of white Michelle or De Armas.

Edited by Dark Miracles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.