95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

5 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

The way Gerwig is gonna try for some obvious social commentary through a character like Barbie :toofunny2: So transparent. Hopefully panned.

Margot will probably give another acclaimed performance though

well, Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy was a pretty good simpsons episode...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

when has Gerwig ever been that overt? she’s been 2/2 so far and her commentary in those + her mumblecore scripts has always been subtle. 

my prediction tho: margot gets blanked for all her roles. 

On 4/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, Dark Miracles said:

Margot will probably give another acclaimed performance though

I can see both her roles this year flopping tbh:rip:babylon is serving lots of nominations but little wins and she'll have backlash if she's the frontrunner with michelle yeoh bringing up the discourse over the lack of diversity in best actress winners. amsterdam has had mixed reactions from test screenings and I'd rather they didn't acknowledge david o russell in any capacity, but it's the academy so we'll see.

27 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

she'll have backlash if she's the frontrunner with michelle yeoh bringing up the discourse over the lack of diversity in best actress winners. 

:rip:

1 hour ago, Coma Baby said:

:rip:

only 12 women of color in 93 years is :rip:

48 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

only 12 women of color in 93 years is :rip:

Not Miss Matgot's fault + she's part Aboroginal.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, X~MoviePoP said:

Just a reminder that emma stone should be OSCAR-LESS 

14 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Little women was trash. Next 

girl this is the 2022 season thread

36 minutes ago, Liafen said:

girl this is the 2022 season thread

I said what i said

Rewatched The Northman and my God, casting the Worst Skarsgard as lead alongside thespians like Kidman, Taylor-Joy, Dafoe, Gudmundsdottir, Hawke and Bang was kind of a choice. He does well with the physical and animalistic aspects, but he falls SHORT acting-wise. No range. 

It's kinda giving Keanu Reeves in Dracula. :dies:

1 hour ago, Coma Baby said:

Rewatched The Northman and my God, casting the Worst Skarsgard as lead alongside thespians like Kidman, Taylor-Joy, Dafoe, Gudmundsdottir, Hawke and Bang was kind of a choice. He does well with the physical and animalistic aspects, but he falls SHORT acting-wise. No range. 

It's kinda giving Keanu Reeves in Dracula. :dies:

well he is an emmy/sag winner. and he was a producer for the film.

I wonder why EEAAO was released in mainstream cinemas right away, as opposed to gaining word of mouth first through festivals. It would have done well at Sundance.

1 hour ago, ALittleGauche said:

I wonder why EEAAO was released in mainstream cinemas right away, as opposed to gaining word of mouth first through festivals. It would have done well at Sundance.

it was at sxsw.

but eternal sunshine didn't even have that and was also a march opener with an edgy fascinating premise and oscar love

Michelle is insanely good in EEAAO whewwww there are so many layers in that movie and she manages to tie them all down and keep the audience enganging on her character and story. Not an easy feat considered how distracting and complicated the plot could get :clap3:

Going to Cannes in two weeks. Are any of my fellow Atrlers also attending?

well, avatar 'only' won 3 oscars.

given the amount of cgi, stuff like costumes and hair/makeup wouldn't happen. but also editing/music/sound could have won, but didn't.

Not necessarily about this season, but Sam Mendes recently directed The Lehmam Trilogy on Broadway to huge acclaim and it stomped the Tony noms today (and is probably gonna sweep). I could totally see his next film project after Empire of Light being a film adaption and it'd be great awards bait. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

next years Oscars to be held on March 15, 2023, shortlist December 21, 2022

After watching 45 years, Charlotte Rampling was ROBBED that Oscar win at gun point by Brie Larson :deadbanana2:That Marvel girl was one of the most underwhelming BA winners in recent memory :deadbanana4:

Just checked trivia on Charlotte Rampling. She only has one Oscar nomination :rip: I thought she at least has won one :rip: What kind of abomination is this. :deadbanana4:The fact that lesser artists like Emma Stone and Margot Robbie managed to score at least two nominations :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Donquizote said:

After watching 45 years, Charlotte Rampling was ROBBED that Oscar win at gun point by Brie Larson :deadbanana2:That Marvel girl was one of the most underwhelming BA winners in recent memory :deadbanana4:

Watch Never Let Me Go! She was haunting in that.

Emma Stone biggest actress of this generation!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.