• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

no surprise, but Fabelmans guaranteed a major oscar now.

belfast screenplay

nomadland picture

jojo rabbit screenplay

green book picture

3 billboards actress

la la land director

room actress

imitation game screenplay

12 years a slave picture

silver linings playbook actress

I’m willing to bet my money that Women Talking will win Best Picture. People are passionate about this film. The fact that it only got a limited number of screenings and still won 1st runner up—that’s incredible. (I am aware that they calculate not raw votes but the percentage of people who watched the film versus who voted for that film.) It was the fastest (and longest) standing ovation I experienced at TIFF.

The Fabelmans will lose momentum (probably around November when it gets a wide release, underperforms, and people’s perception of it changes), but Women Talking will be the little gem people discover and speak passionately about.

i'm not seeing abusive male producer brad pitt's women talking winning for shining a light on abusive men.

Edited by fridayteenage

If Frances wins her 2nd 'Best Picture' Oscar with Women Talking, on top of her 3 'Best Actress' Oscars already...

spacer.png

Th new Queen of Oscars

spacer.png

Welp so Michelle Williams definitely an early frontrunner for Supp Actress then :ryan:

1 hour ago, MAXIMO said:

Imagine Frances McDormand (producer of Women Talking) winning her fifth oscar. :bibliahh:

15 minutes ago, Feanor said:

If Frances wins her 2nd 'Best Picture' Oscar with Women Talking, on top of her 3 'Best Actress' Oscars already...

spacer.png

Th new Queen of Oscars

spacer.png

Women Talking, Frances WINNING

http://78.media.tumblr.com/8af3b65f63f11ef7d297acd057e0ceea/tumblr_p27qyxlIn21v4nzkvo1_500.gif

FRANCES Winning AGAIN :jonny5:

I know stans of certain actress are seething :bibliahh:

9 hours ago, Feanor said:

spacer.png

Th new Queen of Oscars

spacer.png

I—

frances-mcdormand-running.gif

I think Babylon will be the first movie from Chazelle to bomb critically and commercially. We'll see.

First Man was a bomb but it was critically acclaimed.

And it's official:

Tuesday though. :skull: 

Ready for Yeoh to take C/M Globe while Blanchett to take Drama Globe :duca: 

Wait. Just found out that Babylon budget is 110M :deadbanana4: This will need to do at least 300M to breakeven :deadbanana4: If this flops at the box office, I don't think Margot will get nominated.

How did Margot always successfully get a role to star in a high budget movie? :deadvision:

Margot being a part of two ensemble casts (one being a critical flop) might hurt her chances. 

I’m also hoping Triangle of Sadness gets a wide release. Dolly de Leon is creating early buzz for her scene-stealing role (don’t Google the film; go in blindly and see it with a big crowd). A wide release would help her momentum. 

emancipation might drop this year after all.

the awkwardness if it becomes a big contender 

993128_6398374_5-2_updates.jpg

5 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Margot being a part of two ensemble casts (one being a critical flop) might hurt her chances. 

I’m also hoping Triangle of Sadness gets a wide release. Dolly de Leon is creating early buzz for her scene-stealing role (don’t Google the film; go in blindly and see it with a big crowd). A wide release would help her momentum. 

I saw the Triangle of sadness trailer awhile ago and was interested, so I'm more interested now!

23 hours ago, Donquizote said:

I think Babylon will be the first movie from Chazelle to bomb critically and commercially. We'll see.

First Man was a bomb but it was critically acclaimed.

Wasn’t First Man that? 

2 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Wasn’t First Man that? 

It was acclaimed by critics and made 100M over 50M budget. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.