95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

5 hours ago, McNulty said:

Poor Things finished filming very early this year so why are they delaying it for 2023?? it makes no sense

I seriously think Poor Things will be what puts Emma into the convo for Oscar #2 (even if she doesn't win, it could set her up for it in the future) so maybe that's their angle? She's their golden ticket and 2022 is already crowded so why not just aim for 2023?

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

11 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I seriously think Poor Things will be what puts Emma into the convo for Oscar #2 (even if she doesn't win, it could set her up for it in the future) so maybe that's their angle? She's their golden ticket and 2022 is already crowded so why not just aim for 2023?

yeah I agree about this.

Emma will probably get a nom if Yorgos plays it safe with his movie just like The Favourite

14 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I predict next goal wins flops this award season

I hope so, Taika Waititi is overrated

or maybe the cisstraightwhiteman yorgos is overrated

the book was enjoyable when i was a kid, but it doesn't hold up as an adult.

I saw Elvis. I like it the least out of the three we’ve had recently (Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman). I can see Austin being deservedly nominated, but I can also see him being Taron Egertoned. I wonder why they decided to release this in the summer instead of November/December when it can make Thanksgiving money and be an awards contender.

Yup, I think Austin Butler will get nominated. For anyone comparing him to Taron, it should be noted that Austin plays the most impactful person in music history while the same thing can't be said to Taron's portrayal of Elton. Winning an Oscar will be an uphill battle for him since AMPAS tend not to award a novice for Best Actor. Rami was slaying TV and won Emmy prior to his win at Oscar. I think Austin will get nominated but someone else who's been longer in the industry than him will probably snatch that Best Actor.

kVSdRpi.gif

rocketman also felt a bit like a vanity project for elton, who'd worked to make hollywood make a film about him for several years, with justin timberlake and tom hardy as previous iterations' choices. one of the production companies is elton's.

it's in small scale the reason why people are wary of the Madonna Biography, Directed by Madonna.

I also feel like Elton still being alive and the Academy is still award him (hense him winning Orig. Song) whereas Elvis, Freddie, Judy, etc. weren't helps people like Austin whereas he was actual playing him as a tribute. 

Feels kind of weird that WB didn’t at least move it to a Respect kind of date even if they weren’t that confident in the film as a whole. The campaign they’ve run for Austin so far speaks for itself. It’s just strange they’ve made it harder for themselves by him having to sustain this hype all season rather than giving it a better date, but maybe that was Baz’s prerogative.

well

moulin/gatsby: May HITS

australia: Thanksgiving BOMB

Edited by fridayteenage

Elvis made 12.7M on Friday. Good start :clap3:

Elvis already grossed 50.5M+ against production budget of 85M. A good start for a biopic film :clap3:

Also, Top Gun has already grossed 1 Billion at box office. i'm thinking BP nomination for this movie is not far fetched.

kVSdRpi.gif

Who's seen Cha Cha Real Smooth? Just watched it on Apple and I thought it was great! Know it did well at Sundance, so wonder if it has a chance to play in awards season. It was pretty simple and nothing revolutionary but had a real soul to it!

1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

Who's seen Cha Cha Real Smooth? Just watched it on Apple and I thought it was great! Know it did well at Sundance, so wonder if it has a chance to play in awards season. It was pretty simple and nothing revolutionary but had a real soul to it!

I started the film a couple days ago, and seems just okay not sure if Oscar material tbh, the main character is cute but feels such a people pleaser that gets kinda annoying tbh, probably will finish it next week.

4 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Saw it at TIFF! She’s a real crowd-pleaser, though not quite to the level of CODA or Little Miss Sunshine. The daughter steals the film. Very cute and positive film and destroys toxic masculinity. 

Lol at Dakota Johnson playing the same character here though as she did in The Lost Daughter.

4 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

Saw it at TIFF! She’s a real crowd-pleaser, though not quite to the level of CODA or Little Miss Sunshine. The daughter steals the film. Very cute and positive film and destroys toxic masculinity. 

Lol at Dakota Johnson playing the same character here though as she did in The Lost Daughter.

Do you mind if I ask how you got to go to TIFF? Are you in the industry or just a movie fan? I'm pretty sure anyone can go and I am kinda wanting to go this year if it's not too late! I know a lot of great movies premiere there and I'm not too far away!

Edited by WildAmerican

3 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Do you mind if I ask how you got to go to TIFF? Are you in the industry or just a movie fan? I'm pretty sure anyone can go and I am kinda wanting to go this year if it's not too late! I know a lot of great movies premiere there and I'm not too far away!

https://am.ticketmaster.com/tiff2/packages

Surest way to see movies is by buying one of these packages! After you buy one, they email you a link on a certain date prior to the festival so that you can select and book tickets for  movies you want to watch. 

You can also get individual tickets (instead of from a package like from the link above), but you would be competing against the general public closer to the festival dates. The tickets were already 85% sold out a couple of weeks ago, so chances would be slim buying tickets from a non-package.

Flopstin is not getting in, 0 industry raves for him so far and the box office was tepid at best, gonna be a massive drop coming Monday. Will be forgotten once Fall festivals begin :alexz:

Just watched Decision To Leave :gaycat2: It was beautiful. Hopefully it snags that International Feature nomination.

I just want EEAAO getting some love but I don't know if it can have momentum when award season comes. Then again I was rooting for The Grand Budapest Hotel to get some love and it actually did.

the most talented actor of her age strikes again!

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

the most talented actor of her age strikes again!

Give Saoirse ha Oscar!

I'm going to TIFF girlsss, got Buzz List Tixs:duca:

Has anyone been? What's it like? This will be my first time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.