95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

It will be a mess if Queen Williams were placed in Lead Actress category for the whole season but on Oscar nomination morning, she's placed in Supporting category :toofunny3:

It would be the best for her

It happened with Kate and The Reader (but Lead instead of Supporting). Penelope was very thankful for that  :dies:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

Best actress category seemed stacked

Cate

Michelle 

Michelle

Viola

seems like fifth spot will be filler: They love Olivia and biopic movies. So I guess it will be between Olivia and Naomi 

12 minutes ago, Green said:

It would be the best for her

It happened with Kate and The Reader (but Lead instead of Supporting). Penelope was very thankful for that  :dies:

And happened recently with Judas and Messiah :dies:

Imagine if someone else sweeps every precursor for Supp Actress but on Oscar nomination morning, Williams gets into Supporting instead of Lead.

The whole prediction will be a mess.

I think Olivia is done. The reason she was nominated previously because she coat tailed her movie acclaim.

Empire of Light is PANNED. I don't think she'll make it.

They also love McDormand but she doesn't get nominated for Tragedy of McBeth.

2 hours ago, Green said:

By the way I really doubt Michelle made that choice. Usually actresses/actors run to Supporting to get an easier win (Viola, Patricia, Alicia Vikander, Brad Pitt) not the other way around.

There is probably some "stigma" among other top actors we underestimate.

The category switch for (white) Michelle Williams has me HOWLING, the way it's going to be her vs. Michelle (Y) vs. Cate now

An interesting note that someone mentioned somewhere else is that the only award not won in a Steven Spielberg movie is lead actress. I’m not sure if it’s true, but if it is it makes you think. :eli:

There is more urgency to reward Michelle W's first Oscar than Blanchett's third Oscar :cm:

7 hours ago, Green said:

Also this hurts Michelle Williams more unless her role is like Patricia Arquette in Boyhood which could be placed in either lead or supporting.

only by a few delulu's. she's in like 20% of her film. 

5 hours ago, Euterpe said:

An interesting note that someone mentioned somewhere else is that the only award not won in a Steven Spielberg movie is lead actress. I’m not sure if it’s true, but if it is it makes you think. :eli:

The Spielberg actors:

Actor - Daniel Day - Lewis, Lincoln
Actress - Michelle Williams, The Fabelmans TBA
Supp. Actor - Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Supp. Actress - Ariana DeBose, West Side Story

Wait so Margot is done with getting a BA nom?

And what about people claiming that Jamie Lee Curtis was gonna get a BSA nom?

I love how this year it feels exciting and unpredictable.

Michelle Williams is one loss away from the cursed Amy Adams territory so i'm rooting for ha :clap3:

DoMRpywWkAAoXFv?format=jpg&name=large

Michelle Williams coming for Amy Adams as the new queen of nominations with this kind of stupid decisions

maybe there's some kind of weird pact between the 2 to see who will stack up the most noms without a win

yUHur8D.gif

Let's talk about THEE category fraud queen

1:06:58 of screen time (65.49% of the entire movie) and it still won for Best "Supporting" Actress when she was clearly the protagonist :skull:

And the fact that she basically had no career after this

Armas sure is playing heavily the Gaga playbook even tho i doubt she'd even touch half the noms she got w HOG let alone a trifecta

it's gonna be Ackles that get the filler biopic slot if they manage to squeeze a spot

It'd be a kii if Armas lost her spot in Best Actress in-extremis because of Williams switchin :dies: especially since Williams got a Best Actress for also playin Marilyn. anyway Williams is climbin up the list and just passed Armas on Gold Derby

i think she'll end up between Olivia Coleman and Margot Robbie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.