RuPaul's Drag Race UK vs The World | S2 E7 | Are you #TeamMarina?

Hephaestus

1 minute ago, TheOnlyOne said:

PRAYING not. I have a fear they'll try to set this up to rig gift Pythia a win and I will NOT stand for it. 

Considering that (as far as I know) the hosting country pays productions costs, it's very likely that a Canadian will win the season. I burned my stan card when I saw that Pythia can't lip sync to save her life, but realistically, who actually has a chance of winning from the first two seasons' casts (excluding Lemon and Jimbo)? At least her runways were fierce :michael:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• feelslikeadream

• KFC

On 4/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, Hephaestus said:

The fact that it was very short didn't help either. Why do we get multiple no elimination episodes in the US seasons but not a single one of them when the best of the best are competing? :toofunny3:

Yeah season 1 was WAY too short, the first half of the season was shaping up to be one of the best but after the 1,2 punch of Jimbo and Pangina there wasn’t enough time to establish a new front runner so the rest of the season kind of floundered.

I think the format from regular All Stars is the  sweet spot: 10 girls + a comeback episode (I love the mini reunion mess/confrontations we get when the girls return and they’re SEETHING at being voted out).

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Considering that (as far as I know) the hosting country pays productions costs, it's very likely that a Canadian will win the season. I burned my stan card when I saw that Pythia can't lip sync to save her life, but realistically, who actually has a chance of winning from the first two seasons' casts (excluding Lemon and Jimbo)? At least her runways were fierce :michael:

Queen Eve6000, one of the best queens of the whole franchise

I can see Pythia on it.... But she's very overrated and I don't necessarily want her on :mandown: Kendall and Gia will probably sign up. Can we just get Lemon again? :fan:

8 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Yeah season 1 was WAY too short, the first half of the season was shaping up to be one of the best but after the 1,2 punch of Jimbo and Pangina there wasn’t enough time to establish a new front runner so the rest of the season kind of floundered.

I think the format from regular All Stars is the  sweet spot: 10 girls + a comeback episode (I love the mini reunion mess/confrontations we get when the girls return and they’re SEETHING at being voted out).

I 100% agree with both of your points. AS and VS The World should be the franchises that get more love budget and length wise because people have a lot of interest in seeing their favorite queens again.

4 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Tea, No one from Canada is really worthy of a crown until Icesis' daughter from the makeover competes tbh. Maybe Scarlett?

Outside of Ilona and Kendall, Pythia is like one of my last choices of both seasons though. Fake, try-hard, can't lipsync and thinks that chest hair makes her unique. No thank you. 

11 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Queen Eve6000, one of the best queens of the whole franchise

I don't see it for her, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong :michael:

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Tea, No one from Canada is really worthy of a crown until Icesis' daughter from the makeover competes tbh. Maybe Scarlett?

Outside of Ilona and Kendall, Pythia is like one of my last choices of both seasons though. Fake, try-hard, can't lipsync and thinks that chest hair makes her unique. No thank you. 

Now that you mentioned it, I'd be totally here for Icesis' makeover snatching the crown in a future season :jonnycat:

Scarlett is probably one of the best choices if we consider her overall performance in S1. Anything to not get La Llorona and Kendall Garbage on my screen again :pukey:

6 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I mean, they straight up asked a host/judge for S1, so I'm not that surprised that they reached out to other franchises' winners. They probably won't make another All Winners soon, so it makes sense to give foreign queens (and winners especially) a bigger platform.

I'm a little sad she couldn't participate, I would've loved to see her again and in international context as well. Fingers crossed for the next VS The World :chick3:

I hope we get AS:AW seasons every two years, considering we get like 8 winners per year. That way regular AS seasons can also get a year off. 

And while I appreciate the VSTW concept, I feel like it is a bit of a waste, even if it is an opportunity for iternational queens to compete. The prize for this spin off should be an open invitation to an AS season. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

3 hours ago, xrosup said:

Get Lemon on it and rig it for her all the way

chad-michaels.gif

I agree. They need a canadian to win

• ATRL Moderator

can we get starzy back and give her a deserved design/ball win

Mediocre Hydrangea already won the first season, no reason the 2nd season winner can’t be mediocre too. 

Give the crown to Pythia or Rita I guess.

And if they’re really asking winners, they better not even think about letting some irrelevant UK/US trick like Ella Vaday, Tia Kofi or Ginger Minj pull a Pangina on someone like Carmen and Envy. The thought actually has me fuming. 

Ready for Bobo (looks are a no no) to snatch the crown 

scarlett-bobo-fire.gif

They should bring back Synthia Kiss and allow her to have a personal stylist so she can win! 

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Mediocre Hydrangea already won the first season, no reason the 2nd season winner can’t be mediocre too. 

And if they’re really asking winners, they better not even think about letting some irrelevant UK/US trick like Ella Vaday, Tia Kofi or Ginger Minj pull a Pangina on someone like Carmen and Envy. The thought actually has me fuming. 

Tea :clap3:

omg I didn’t think about that! They better change the formula then because I really don’t think fans are here for another seasons  of shenanigans.

UKvTW 1 died as soon as Lemon left. Jujubee making it to the final in those Redbubble outfits…:clown: 

14 hours ago, LastKiss said:

So the queens that compete in this season are gonna be judged my miss Brooke Lynn?

I don't see the big contenders from the past being okay with that :doc:

Maybe international queens from Italy, Spain and Holland just to get the exposure but not the UK, DW and US queens

:devil:

yeah this is true tbh. initially i was thinking that there were a lot queens that i liked from CDR and this was a good idea, but all of the heavy hitters would still have to be from UK and i don’t see the biggest names agreeing. we will be seeing Tia Kofi rather than Bimini.  :deadbanana2:

i would have loved to see Brooke Lynn actually competing this time around too and taking the role that Pangina had. 

59 minutes ago, Yawn said:

i would have loved to see Brooke Lynn actually competing this time around too and taking the role that Pangina had. 

Brooke competing again and snatching the crown would be the best outcome possible let's be real :gaygacat5:

16 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I really don't think she was allowed to :mandown:

The fact that she will probably be erased by the franchise after revealing this info. :rip: Hopefully another italian queen will represent us, Farida could slay but her english is kinda bad (same for Elektra).

20 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

The fact that she will probably be erased by the franchise after revealing this info. :rip: Hopefully another italian queen will represent us, Farida could slay but her english is kinda bad (same for Elektra).

At the end of the day almost no one caught up on the leak and it's so minor that probably there won't be consequences. I'd like to see her on a VS The World at some point, same for Farida because I know they'd come correct with their looks. They need to work on their English though or they'll flop comedy, acting and improv challenges hard.

6 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

At the end of the day almost no one caught up on the leak and it's so minor that probably there won't be consequences. I'd like to see her on a VS The World at some point, same for Farida because I know they'd come correct with their looks. They need to work on their English though or they'll flop comedy, acting and improv challenges hard.

Yep, they're probably the only two queens who could compete on an international level. I think Enorma could also do well, and her english is actually quite good, she'd be great at comedy but she'd need to work harder on her looks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.