• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Hunter_13

• Steve Johnson

• Buffy

Boring. Serving folklore instead of EverGOD.

G8Hv.thumb.gif.83f7dc6376372fe0fb7b03568

How did she not think to have Lana jump on this :biblionny: anyway, love her folky lower register 

This sounds like S&S more than anything on folk or ever. This is just the way more depressed , on the edge of ending it, sister :rip: 

It's too one note, it's doesn't build at all like Safe & Sound. Seems like every 5th word is Carolina.

This just got me so much more excited for SS TV. I cant stop listening to it. 

This is absolutely gorgeous, the southern gothic vibes are running through it.

This would have been an amazing soundtrack single for something like The Last of Us adaptation that's coming, too.

I preferred it when it sounded like a ripped off Young & Beautiful. I’m tired of her putting superior versions on the trailers and then releasing the inferior version.

I mean, the song is beautiful because of its melody, but the production is dull. I am a little bit tired of the folklore/evermore sound.

Yeah this is Safe and Sound's ugly and boring sister 

That’s amazing :heart2: 

Spoiler

Her voice in Safe and Sound is so annoying and ugly, so this song’s miles better only because of that 

Edited by romas_ld

The song is perfect. Beautiful, haunting and her lower register is so gorgeous. It's worth the wait. :jonny5:

31 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Yeah it serves more The Civil Wars than Lana.

Definitely. It would have perfectly fitted in their discography, especially on their debut album. I think Carolina would've been out of place on folklore.

I had expectations it would be more dark upbeat like IDWLF. :rip: This trailer was so misleading. Finally, it's absolutely boring folk track, I don't even remember how it sounds now. 

Edited by Fastlane

5 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

upbeat like IDWLF

:rip: 

Did people actually think the trailer "version" was ever real... It sounds like generic trailer music overlayed over the vocals because it is.  

I’m so mad this is just a soundtrack single oh my god :gaycat6:

Please dear jesus let her go this direction with TS10 too, rock era scrapped, Folklore/Evermore Taylor is ******* unbelievable 

I love it! The song is so haunting and beautiful. Her vocals are absolutely stunning and instrumentation is incredible :jonny4:

I absolutely LOVE it :jonny5:

12 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’m so mad this is just a soundtrack single oh my god :gaycat6:

Please dear jesus let her go this direction with TS10 too, rock era scrapped, Folklore/Evermore Taylor is ******* unbelievable 

Imagine TS10 being an elevated evermore. I don't think it'll happen, but I'll join the prayer circle. :jonny5:

Also I've seen her saying on instagram that she wrote the song a year and a half ago. The way Carolina would have so perfectly fitted on evermore, much more than on folklore.

The “mmmmm” ad libs are giving Don’t Blame Me excellency. We love a singer!

This is absolutely stunning. Where is the movie version thou? 

So with this OUT, how many weeks are we before an announcement to a new record? :jonny5:

Edited by Taylor fanboy

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

Imagine TS10 being an elevated evermore. I don't think it'll happen, but I'll join the prayer circle. :jonny5:

Also I've seen her saying on instagram that she wrote the song a year and a half ago. The way Carolina would have so perfectly fitted on evermore, much more than on folklore.

Totally agree, this definitely came out of the same creative space that Evermore did and it would fit on that album perfectly. Folklore has its own tightly controlled sound, but Evermore is more loose and free-spirited. It would be so much more accommodating of this, you could honestly throw it wherever the hell you want on the track list and it works.

I think that’s why I like it so much - my favorite albums of all time are Red and Evermore, and this basically just sounds like something that was left off the latter to use for the movie. 

This could be her lead single and I will support it ALL THE WAY.

SO DAMN GOOD. How the hell does Taylor always deliver?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.