Taylor Swift - "Carolina"

State of Grace.

1 hour ago, D02 said:

taylor loves awards...she wants an oscar..this is obvious...nothing to be ashamed of

The song isn’t even eligible for an Oscar because the song was not originally recorded to be part of the film per the directors own admission, wyd? :deadbanana:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Hunter_13

• Steve Johnson

• Buffy

Just now, Rican said:

The song isn’t even eligible for an Oscar because the song was not originally recorded to be part of the film per the directors own admission, wyd? :deadbanana:

I don’t think we’ll really know it’s eligibility unless it’s nominated. There have been some crossed wires on what the director has said versus how Taylor has talked about it - it’s up to the Academy to determine whether it’s eligible.

Sounds a lot like a Lana song. Even the lyrics are very Lana-ish. :rip:

We want TS10 to be her ULTRAVIOLENCE.

Stop this Born To Comatose.  

2 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

It just sounds like a Civil Wars song. :gaycat2:

You are absolutely right

Taylor x Aaron Dessner are a match made in heaven. God I love their songs together. 

1 hour ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

I preferred it when it sounded like a ripped off Young & Beautiful. I’m tired of her putting superior versions on the trailers and then releasing the inferior version.

I mean, the song is beautiful because of its melody, but the production is dull. I am a little bit tired of the folklore/evermore sound.

That’s not Taylor’s doing. Trailer producers always edit the songs featured to sound more cinematic. Same thing happened with Be Alive. We were all expecting something as orchestral as the trailer version. 

I like this for what it is. The problem is atrl only thinks of songs in terms of hit potential when that’s not always the intent. This will fit the movie. 

Lyrics are clunky and chunky. Do not flow very well nor do they feel natural. I can tell she overthought the lyrics.

Safe & Sound still remains her best soundtrack song. The melody on this is pretty too though...

15 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

That’s not Taylor’s doing. Trailer producers always edit the songs featured to sound more cinematic. Same thing happened with Be Alive. We were all expecting something as orchestral as the trailer version. 

I like this for what it is. The problem is atrl only thinks of songs in terms of hit potential when that’s not always the intent. This will fit the movie. 

She could release both versions. Lana did with Y&B. 

I don’t care about charts and success, but I was expecting a change in sound from her. 

This is good. Definitely sounds like the civil wars which I LOVE. doesn’t sound like Lana thank god. Aaron is Taylor’s best producer, I could have 100 other albums with the evermore sound and I would not get tired 

2 hours ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

I preferred it when it sounded like a ripped off Young & Beautiful. I’m tired of her putting superior versions on the trailers and then releasing the inferior version.

I mean, the song is beautiful because of its melody, but the production is dull. I am a little bit tired of the folklore/evermore sound.

this. wtf it sounds nothing alike

I love the melody, I love how haunting it is. I love the song. 

Love this. It kind of gives The Last Of Us or Red Dead Redemption vibes.

A beautiful bore, S&S tho>>>

I will let it grow on me, it has potential :chick1: 

Edited by TSwiftie

2 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

this is very lana but i love it :foxaylove3:

I fail to see how this is very Lana, if anything is very S&S Taylor Swift.

Love this sound for her, but then again S&S is my favorite thing she did so I have a type.

7 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

this is very lana but i love it :foxaylove3:

This sounds nothing like lana:ahh: 

She could keep this, it wouldn’t make a difference 

This is fine, but I kind of want her to move beyond the Folkmore sound...

I can't stop listening to it :jonny:.

It's so hauntingly beautiful and eerie, and I just love the way she lets her voice drawl on things like "Don't Leave". The melody is already stuck in my head. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.