Tate McRae - 'i used to think i could fly'

State of Grace.

I'm finally listen to the album...

- "?": Literally ???? but ok

- "don't come back": I see what you guys are saying about this, really enjoy the interpolation, it's really cool and it's kinda a different sound for Tate, at least compared to her latest singles.

- "i'm so gone": I love this song immediately, f*ck, I wish this generations' artist stop doing these short-ass songs tho, they ruin everything, it could be even more elevated, but yeah, instant love for this one, can't wait to hear it again. :flame: 

- "what would you do?": You know what, maybe it's a grower, I don't love it, but yeah, it's cute on the album so far.

- "chaotic": Don't have enough words to describe this beautiful piece of work, totally stunning, it always gets me, thank you for putting your heart out Miss Tate, that's a very sincere and emotional ballad. :heart2:  Tate

- "hate myself": Omg, this was lowkey deep, wow Tate. :cries: Can relate tbh. 

- "what's your problem?" THIS BOOOOP, yass, makes me want to twerk ngl *inserts Megan saying her signature AH!*. :katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2: Like the connection she makes with the previous track.

- "she's all i wanna be": I don't know, but I loved the transition into this one, so energetic, such a good song wbk. She needs to keep working with Greg. :heart2: 

- "boy x": LOVE this one, wow, tears falling when the first chorus, whew, guess I'm a emo(tional) boy. So calm, ugh, I love all this atmosphere, the melody. Highlight of the album, I'm surprised y'all are not talking about this one. WAIT A DAMN MINUTE, THE F*CKING LYRICS, holy sh*t, ugh, I appreciate so much when artists do these type of sh*ts, feels like a diary, oh man, that is so honest and vulnerable. What a stunning track, I'm so happy for this one. The outro is stellar.

- you're so cool": Louis Bell has something in his songs that makes you to BOP to it. Really enjoy how the guitar predominates in the melody.

- "feel like sh*t": We all knew this was going to be the best song of the album and we were right, hard to top it, it's truly a masterpiece. :heart2: 

- "go away": Gotta be honest, was expecting more considering this is the same producer of the song of the decade "you broke me first", it's not a bad song, but it's just ok.

- "i still say goodnight": Not my favorite song off the album, but a great closing track, it's a great closure for all the message and the theme for this record.

I honestly can say this is a 9/10 maybe, I'm so bad on ratings, but she really did that. Excellent solid debut Tate, all the hype was worth it. :heart2:  Proably my favorite album this year (I still have a lot to catch up). Very proud of her.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• 99sandthe2000s

• Ger

• Alex

DAY 2: pretty bad drop around 40% across all tracks, global only SAIWB left and WWYD? + DCB on USA while stable on canada.

im safe to say few choices left for this album are 1) dropping DCB new promo + video + radio adds after a month or two because GP doesn't seem to care about album with SAIWB floating over existing playlists and she can bounce back on late summer/fall with DCB charting till december or next year. 2) switch to WYP?/YSFC asap and following strate as mentioned 3) abandon era cut the check and tag troye sivan back on new track going droplet era.

imo i go with second option, album is not bad just lack of interest/exposure which is fine its her debut and tiktok may help album's track go viral within 3 months from now, or another wind for SAIWB.

for this week, her team can announce quick merc for grabs or random deluxe new tracks from nowhere on monday/tuesday. i dont think discount help that much ITUNE is so irrelevent but temporary increasing playlists for DCB + WWYD? + chaotic for a week also help.

good luck girl, post again on official chart next week. :1stplace:

13 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

- "boy x": LOVE this one, wow, tears falling when the first chorus, whew, guess I'm a emo(tional) boy. So calm, ugh, I love all this atmosphere, the melody. Highlight of the album, I'm surprised y'all are not talking about this one. WAIT A DAMN MINUTE, THE F*CKING LYRICS, holy sh*t, ugh, I appreciate so much when artists do these type of sh*ts, feels like a diary, oh man, that is so honest and vulnerable. What a stunning track, I'm so happy for this one. The outro is stellar.

outro scalps me hard, she did that  :clap3:

Edited by Polgg48

need a deluxe with “tragic” and “uh oh!”

A pleasant album but i feel like SAIWB stands miles above the rest. Maybe it resonates the most with me having grown up falling in love with my straight friends and struggling with that 

I LOVE this album! Very person. Reminds me of Camila’s debut album which I love a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

A pleasant album but i feel like SAIWB stands miles above the rest. Maybe it resonates the most with me having grown up falling in love with my straight friends and struggling with that 

that one and Feels Like ****! 10/10 songs!!

On 5/27/2022 at 4:16 PM, 99sandthe2000s said:

lyric video views

1. what's your problem - 160k

2. don't come back - 138k

3. hate myself - 69k

4. i'm so gone - 64k

5. boy x - 64k

6. you're so cool - 57k

7. go away - 52k

8. i still say goodnight - 47k

9. ? (intro) - 43k

10. what would you do - 26k

11. feel like sh*t - 23k

12. she's all i wanna be - 22k

chaotic didn't get a new lyric video

1. don't come back - 539k

2. what's your problem - 423k

3. hate myself - 192k

4. i'm so gone - 181k

5. boy x - 178k

6. you're so cool - 156k

7. go away - 138k

8. i still say goodnight - 117k

9. ? (intro) - 88k

10. what would you do - 71k

11. feel like sh*t - 65k

12. she's all i wanna be - 67k

Thinking abot my personal ranking after some listens...

1. feel like sh*t

2. chaotic

3. boy x

4. i'm so gone

5. she's all i wanna be

6. what's your problem

7. hate myself

8. you're so cool

9. don't come back

10. i still say goodnight

11. go away 

12. what would you do?

Love love the top 8.

"She's All I Wanna Be" really set the bar way too high for me. 

I really like this album better than her EPs and it's really nice to listen to, but I'm not able to say it's a good album, but it's far from being bad, meh or boring. 

It just feels kinda more like a mixtape than a full album, it also feels kinda uneventful.

It's just okay. 

I hope it grows on me. 

Oh you think that you're so f*cking cool (so cool)

drunk-dancing.gif

Got a new girl & some new tattoos

drunk-dancing.gif

Edited by Billionaire

Pretty disappointed in this. The 4 singles are by far the best tracks. The rest just blurs into one dull jumbo. It’s the same problem I had with Olivia’s debut: not enough uptempo songs to break up the monotony. 

What’s Your Problem and Hate Myself are the best of the new songs. 

:flame:

I’m obsessed with this album now :jonny4: It reminds me somewhat sonically like Bebe’s Better Mistakes

smoore95GAGA
1 hour ago, Better Mistakes said:

I’m obsessed with this album now :jonny4: It reminds me somewhat sonically like Bebe’s Better Mistakes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8BPtZUwFFw8

OT: The way I keep having a new fave song every day, ok maybe she did something. On release day it was YSC, Saturday it was DCB, yesterday it was Go Away, today it’s Boy X :jonny:

I think her debut album is pretty enjoyable, it proves that she is versatile, can adapt to different genres, and is able to write good hooks

Controversial opinion: I think Tate's going to last longer than Olivia Rodrigo. SOUR felt too big, Olivia might never be able to escape that album's success, meanwhile Tate can eventually grow into her own sound and develop her fanbase

On 5/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, Polgg48 said:

DAY 2: pretty bad drop around 40% across all tracks, global only SAIWB left and WWYD? + DCB on USA while stable on canada.

im safe to say few choices left for this album are 1) dropping DCB new promo + video + radio adds after a month or two because GP doesn't seem to care about album with SAIWB floating over existing playlists and she can bounce back on late summer/fall with DCB charting till december or next year. 2) switch to WYP?/YSFC asap and following strate as mentioned 3) abandon era cut the check and tag troye sivan back on new track going droplet era.

imo i go with second option, album is not bad just lack of interest/exposure which is fine its her debut and tiktok may help album's track go viral within 3 months from now, or another wind for SAIWB.

IMO they should use album hype to continue promoting SAIWB until it peaks in 1-2 month

After that, try to experiment with YSC / DCB / WYP on TikTok , to see which one gets most engagement / is able to go viral.

- If one of them goes viral: pick that as next single. Among this, I think YSC has most potential to go viral, its lyrical content is pretty relatable (tho my fave is WYP)

- If none of this is able to take off on TikTok: don't promote them to radio, end album campaign and try to push next era. Or push "chaotic" as final radio single (especially Hot AC format) so ppl can see her being more grown up/ broaden her audience

*** Wait did they ever try to send "Feel like ****" to radio? I wouldn't mind them trying to re-release FLS as final radio single tbh

Edited by reymiu

5 minutes ago, reymiu said:

IMO they should use album hype to continue promoting SAIWB until it peaks in 1-2 month

After that, try to experiment with YSC / DCB / WYP on TikTok , to see which one gets most engagement / is able to go viral.

- If one of them goes viral: pick that as next single. Among this, I think YSC has most potential to go viral, its lyrical content is pretty relatable (tho my fave is WYP)

- If none of this is able to take off on TikTok: don't promote them to radio, end album campaign and try to push next era. Or push "chaotic" as final radio single (especially Hot AC format) so ppl can see her being more grown up/ broaden her audience

*** Wait did they ever try to send "Feel like ****" to radio? I wouldn't mind them trying to re-release FLS as final radio single tbh

No, feel like **** never got a proper radio push in the US.

I love this! I stan. What's your problem? Needs to be a single today 

Edited by Junho_lover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.