The Weeknd: After Hours til Dawn Tour

Devin

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Looking at the Set-list where do you guys think In Your Eyes could be included.... sonically is different I see why the song was not included  is not that dance or that Ballad for any section of the show

Idk but I expected a medley or remix of some sort to fit.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• Devin

• Ivan_brit

• shark_heather

Hi folks! Just wanted to share this beautiful collection of pictures I found on Twitter. The production value and set design for this tour is truly otherworldly! The man keeps raising the bar visually with each subsequent high-profile performance, it's insane! :campfire:

I've seen so many wonderful clips of him performing too. His energy and confidence are at an all-time high, and I'm living for his enthusiastic dancing and endearing silly moments. He's having the time of his life, and we love to see it. To think so many were insisting he'd have to cancel the tour or return to arenas... 

Tears from OXOH taste the sweetest. :fan:

I have a few thoughts on the setlist, but I'll save them for tomorrow since it's already quite late here. All I'll say is I won't stand for the ongoing disrespect towards X-rated classique "Or Nah", and that if there was one song I'd replace in the setlist, it would sadly have to be "Gasoline", because it's the only one he seems to be struggling with live. Either he opts to use an autotune effect thing like Travis Scott does, or it might be best to drop it (hopefully for "Too Late" ?) or reduce it to a brief transition before "How Do I Make You Love Me?".

Edited by Moonlight Nation

21 hours ago, SickLove said:

The amount of people in the audience :eek:

Also how loudly everyone was singing during The Hills :clap3:

KING 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:20 PM, Ivan_brit said:

This Setlist :WAP: 

he Truly hates In Your Eyes :deadbanana2:

Where is :

- Earned It ( this song is huge)

- Moth To a Flame

- Hardest To Love 

- Pray For Me

But overalll is a good Setlist, also the visuals & stage looks dope

ANNOUNCE Mexico dates!!

This set list is interesting. Alone Again as the opener is a choice. I definitely would have wanted Wanderlust if I was going.

Are there any dancers on this tour? I know that’s not really his style but I feel like a pop star stadium show should have dancers, even if he doesn’t do choreography himself.

The tour production is so nice. Might actually have to cop some cheap last minute tickets :jonny4: 

2 hours ago, @michael said:

Are there any dancers on this tour? I know that’s not really his style but I feel like a pop star stadium show should have dancers, even if he doesn’t do choreography himself.

I guess you can say yes. It's not "dancing dancing" like in a pop girl concert but they are on stage moving in sync. if you've seen pictures, it's the people covered in red. It definitely adds to the overall production and aesthetic of the show 

2 hours ago, Cheers said:

The tour production is so nice. Might actually have to cop some cheap last minute tickets :jonny4: 

You 100% should. I'm not lying when I say it's probably the best concert I have ever been too. 

I just got around to watch some of the songs, he butchered the first half of smashaline , I'm so mad :biblio:

and did her seriously skip his best song??? wasn't it enough that he let it get overshadowed and die without bothering to do anything :biblio:

The back to back punches with The Hills, Often, Crew Love, Starboy, Heartless, Low Life, Or Nah, Kiss Land, Party Monster...  Jesus, grab my wig, babe. 

Opening  with alone Agod already makes this his best tour :clap3:

Should I go to this next weekend in DC? I really only know his hits and a few older songs so not sure...

if Doja was still opening it wouldn't even be a question nnnnnn

4 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Should I go to this next weekend in DC? I really only know his hits and a few older songs so not sure...

if Doja was still opening it wouldn't even be a question nnnnnn

Yes. Have fun and go for the experience. Tix prob are cheaper and if you follow the singles 85% of the setlist are singles and hits. 

I told someone else a while back to stream this cause covers most of the setlist.

17 hours ago, Michael196 said:

I just got around to watch some of the songs, he butchered the first half of smashaline , I'm so mad :biblio:

and did her seriously skip his best song??? wasn't it enough that he let it get overshadowed and die without bothering to do anything :biblio:

I KNOW RIGHT! :foxaylove4:(the little sandcastle represents my excitement at hearing the song live, only for it to be destroyed by The Weeknd's otherwise rare struggle delivery :shakeno:)

Seriously, I have no idea why he seems to be having so much difficulty. I haven't watched the Amazon Prime concert yet for prior reference, mind you, but I thought the lower register wouldn't be hard to replicate live, since it seemed like it was at a comfortable range for his voice. It's so frustrating, since not only it's an incredible banger I adore, but one I was actually hoping to be the opener for the tour, which would have set the atmosphere incredibly well.

Thank goodness "Alone Again" was picked instead, because I reckon there's nothing more awkward than giving questionable vocals on the very first song of the set. :doc:

Here's to me hoping he replaces it with "Too Late" or "Hardest To Love" eventually. ?Just imagine the possibilities to transition them into "How Do I Make You Love Me?"

17 hours ago, Cheers said:

The back to back punches with The Hills, Often, Crew Love, Starboy, Heartless, Low Life, Or Nah, Kiss Land, Party Monster...  Jesus, grab my wig, babe. 

Yes! :jonny5:

He knew exactly what he was doing with that segment of the setlist! :campfire:

I still cannot believe so many fans are frustrated about it. I know it's reminiscent of this year's Coachella set, but the positive reception was so overwhelming that it was basically a no-brainer to integrate it into his stadium tour as well. 

I understand the disappointment of missing out on "After Hours" and "Dawn FM" 's deep cuts (+ the unjustly robbed "In Your Eyes"), but it's not Abel's fault his collection of hits and smash features is so iconic and beloved. And honestly, considering the gamble that was switching from arenas to an all-stadium tour, it felt like a clever move to highlight the familiar and recognizable tunes to encourage casual listeners + locals to tune in. Just my take on it, of course. ?

7 hours ago, Devin said:

Yes. Have fun and go for the experience. Tix prob are cheaper and if you follow the singles 85% of the setlist are singles and hits. 

I told someone else a while back to stream this cause covers most of the setlist.

oh wait i do know most of those songs, maybe i'll snatch a tix :gaycat3:

I need to snatch a good, cheap, floor seat because... this looks legendary

Third date tonight at Gillette Stadium! Hope those attending have a beautiful experience! :smiley:

Another sold out stadium for Abel Tesfaye - here we come! It's also very exciting to see how the hype has been reflected on streaming platforms...

Even our beloved flop is rising. If only he introduced the locals to "Wanderlust" and "Belong To The World" as well! (and they would be bloody perfect on the setlist)

Each date being packed and sold out so far. :jonny5:

The visuals for this tour is wild! 

Heartflop reentered Apple Music R&B Top 200, think it was out before

As well as After Hours (song)

I'm becoming so impatient, I need euro dates

Also to everybody who's attended so far or to who has seen a good amount of videos, what area should I aim for? I'm getting floor for sure, as I want to be as close as possible, but considering it's a stadium with a huge catwalk I'm not sure what I should go for, where does he spend most of the show? I also wonder if europe will have seated floors or not, I don't know if I've ever seen that here. 

4 hours ago, ariananext said:

I'm becoming so impatient, I need euro dates

Also to everybody who's attended so far or to who has seen a good amount of videos, what area should I aim for? I'm getting floor for sure, as I want to be as close as possible, but considering it's a stadium with a huge catwalk I'm not sure what I should go for, where does he spend most of the show? I also wonder if europe will have seated floors or not, I don't know if I've ever seen that here. 

However until July??? :deadbanana2: 

Also general area :eek:

I hope he does Latin America Feb-March

4 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Also general area :eek:

We dont really do ticketed floor seats in Spain, you wait in line for hours instead to get a good spot lol

i wish he had done a proper NYC date instead of NJ. No way i’m spending an hour and a half to go from Brooklyn to the MetLife. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.