• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• storminthedark

• More Than A Melody

• Mellark

• tbwtc

I looked at his tour dates and why tf is he doing FIFTEEN shows in nyc and La?? Why doesn’t he do 3 stadium shows in each city at that point?? :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I looked at his tour dates and why tf is he doing FIFTEEN shows in nyc and La?? Why doesn’t he do 3 stadium shows in each city at that point?? :toofunny3:

Yeah it doesn't make any sense. A waste of time and honestly insulting to fans in other countries that can't see him.

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah it doesn't make any sense. A waste of time and honestly insulting to fans in other countries that can't see him.

I think the rumor is he wants to get out of his current label contract and it required 3 albums and a tour for each album with so many dates so he's doing it this way to quickly get out of it.

25 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I think the rumor is he wants to get out of his current label contract and it required 3 albums and a tour for each album with so many dates so he's doing it this way to quickly get out of it.

That's a Larrie rumor :rip: his label isn't involved in his tours, he's self financed. He's also not leaving his label. He probably already signed a new contract.

I did wonder why he was doing 15 arenas instead of multiple stadiums but I suppose there's reasons to it. Some of them we'll never know and his team has analyzed, and some of them I can suss out.

1. I don't think this forum or people in general are very aware of this yet, but Harry basically has a family now. His girlfriend has two children who are 5 and 8, they live with them in his house in London and have done so for 8 months. He's been with his girlfriend for almost two years now. Even if he only did the equivalent of tickets of 15 shows in stadiums, he would most likely still not tour all over because he might not want to stay away from them for that long. His girlfriend has 50/50 custody of the kids with her ex, so when Harry's touring she goes see him whenever she doesn't have the kids (the kids go to school, so she wouldn't be able to take them on tour with her unless they're on summer break). I'm sure Harry misses them when he's away, even if he's not the kids' biological father... he's living with those kids 24/7 for months on end. You get attached. The kids probably miss him. And also, it's not healthy for his girlfriend to have to do this back and forth thing for an entire tour. She did it last year for 3 months for the first leg of the US tour, she did it again this year for 1 month for his European tour. Now he has the residencies, then he has a few weeks of tour in South America (slightly under 3 weeks) and about 2 weeks of tour in Australia/New Zealand. We don't know if he'll add Asia, but that'd probably be about the same time as Oceania or shorter. He's being practical. He might never tour traditionally again unless he absolutely has to, and even then he might limit it to the summer break or small bouts (if this relationship continues to thrive of course).

2. He enjoys performing in smaller venues more. Back in 2017, he even toured theaters, despite the fact that there was already demand for arenas (he sold out an arena tour a few weeks after selling out a theater tour). I'm sure he also likes the feeling of a stadium, but he connects with an audience a lot more in arenas, so I'm sure that influences that decision.

3. You can charge more per ticket in an arena without ripping fans off. And let's be clear, fans ARE getting ripped off by Tiketmaskter Platinum tickets. Face value for the 200s in arenas is 90 dollars. You can potentially charge the same in a stadium for nosebleeds (Bad Bunny is charging more), but that's even more of a ripoff cause tf you're charging 100 dollars for people who are seeing the ant sized version of you? Fans aren't happy with current prices. I think they'd be furious if he pulled a Bad Bunny.

4. I would also assume it makes more sense financially for him to do 15 arena shows than 5 stadium shows, and it would have to be at least 5, not 3. Taylor in MetLife Stadium had 55K per night and you know she killed that tour. At 55K per night, 3 shows is 165K tickets. Harry sold 37,321 tickets for Harryween, which was 2 nights at MSG, that's 18,661 per night x 15 = 279,915. That number divided by 55K = 5.089. And that's without counting potentially selling more tickets per show (which is likely, considering Harryween wasn't even center stage). In which case we'd have to stretch it to at least 6 stadium shows. It might be percentually more costly to put on a stadium show than an arena show compared to gross. I can't imagine he'd do all this and work a lot more hours simply for fun.

5. It's more spread out, which in tourist cities like LA and NY means a better rotation of people. The idea behind residencies isn't necessarily serving the specific crowd of that city, but having fans come to the artist. That's what happens in Vegas, for instance. If you spread out 15 shows for over a month, there's over a month where there'll be a Harry Styles show 2/3 times a week in the most coveted music venue in the city, in one of the most popular American cities... there's obviously an appeal behind that. People might plan a trip to New York just to see him, etc.

And who knows what other reasons there are behind it. But I can assure you it has nothing to do with his contract or his label.

9 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

That's a Larrie rumor :rip: his label isn't involved in his tours, he's self financed. He's also not leaving his label. He probably already signed a new contract.

I did wonder why he was doing 15 arenas instead of multiple stadiums but I suppose there's reasons to it. Some of them we'll never know and his team has analyzed, and some of them I can suss out.

1. I don't think this forum or people in general are very aware of this yet, but Harry basically has a family now. His girlfriend has two children who are 5 and 8, they live with them in his house in London and have done so for 8 months. He's been with his girlfriend for almost two years now. Even if he only did the equivalent of tickets of 15 shows in stadiums, he would most likely still not tour all over because he might not want to stay away from them for that long. His girlfriend has 50/50 custody of the kids with her ex, so when Harry's touring she goes see him whenever she doesn't have the kids (the kids go to school, so she wouldn't be able to take them on tour with her unless they're on summer break). I'm sure Harry misses them when he's away, even if he's not the kids' biological father... he's living with those kids 24/7 for months on end. You get attached. The kids probably miss him. And also, it's not healthy for his girlfriend to have to do this back and forth thing for an entire tour. She did it last year for 3 months for the first leg of the US tour, she did it again this year for 1 month for his European tour. Now he has the residencies, then he has a few weeks of tour in South America (slightly under 3 weeks) and about 2 weeks of tour in Australia/New Zealand. We don't know if he'll add Asia, but that'd probably be about the same time as Oceania or shorter. He's being practical. He might never tour traditionally again unless he absolutely has to, and even then he might limit it to the summer break or small bouts (if this relationship continues to thrive of course).

2. He enjoys performing in smaller venues more. Back in 2017, he even toured theaters, despite the fact that there was already demand for arenas (he sold out an arena tour a few weeks after selling out a theater tour). I'm sure he also likes the feeling of a stadium, but he connects with an audience a lot more in arenas, so I'm sure that influences that decision.

3. You can charge more per ticket in an arena without ripping fans off. And let's be clear, fans ARE getting ripped off by Tiketmaskter Platinum tickets. Face value for the 200s in arenas is 90 dollars. You can potentially charge the same in a stadium for nosebleeds (Bad Bunny is charging more), but that's even more of a ripoff cause tf you're charging 100 dollars for people who are seeing the ant sized version of you? Fans aren't happy with current prices. I think they'd be furious if he pulled a Bad Bunny.

4. I would also assume it makes more sense financially for him to do 15 arena shows than 5 stadium shows, and it would have to be at least 5, not 3. Taylor in MetLife Stadium had 55K per night and you know she killed that tour. At 55K per night, 3 shows is 165K tickets. Harry sold 37,321 tickets for Harryween, which was 2 nights at MSG, that's 18,661 per night x 15 = 279,915. That number divided by 55K = 5.089. And that's without counting potentially selling more tickets per show (which is likely, considering Harryween wasn't even center stage). In which case we'd have to stretch it to at least 6 stadium shows. It might be percentually more costly to put on a stadium show than an arena show compared to gross. I can't imagine he'd do all this and work a lot more hours simply for fun.

5. It's more spread out, which in tourist cities like LA and NY means a better rotation of people. The idea behind residencies isn't necessarily serving the specific crowd of that city, but having fans come to the artist. That's what happens in Vegas, for instance. If you spread out 15 shows for over a month, there's over a month where there'll be a Harry Styles show 2/3 times a week in the most coveted music venue in the city, in one of the most popular American cities... there's obviously an appeal behind that. People might plan a trip to New York just to see him, etc.

And who knows what other reasons there are behind it. But I can assure you it has nothing to do with his contract or his label.

omg yes that ticketmasters platinum thing is insane. i havent done a full deep dive into yet but from the little drama ive heard from springsteens' tour its lowkey a scam

Just now, Katamari said:

omg yes that ticketmasters platinum thing is insane. i havent done a full deep dive into yet but from the little drama ive heard from springsteens' tour its lowkey a scam

It is, and considering Springsteen was very against price gauging fans before and Harry still keeps a very reasonable price range for his tickets (aside from Platinum), I'm starting to side eye that Ticketmaster doesn't allow big artists with big pull to sign off of it. The more popular the artist the more profit for Ticketmaster with Platinum tickets, and they're literally a monopoly. If you don't use their service you're not allowed to use Live Nation venues, which is most of them :rip: 

Residency starts in Toronto on Monday. :duca:

• 2 weeks later...

do they put all types of tickets for sale on pre-sale? I want to snatch a ‘Johnny’s Place’ ticket for Portugal but I’m afraid the demand will be insane :jonnycat:

On 8/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, Shelter said:

Rolling Stone was right…. king Of Pop!!

This tour is insane 

Wembley on a Tuesday or Wednesday :rip: let’s hope he does Kiwi as a closer again so I can leave early and make it back home on time, I won’t be able to work the next day if it takes me 3 hours to get home again

some of these places seem huge though, going from Ziggo Dome to Arena in Amsterdam is quite something

$187 average. :jonny5:I hope he can pull a $200 average for the MSG shows. :jonny5:

On 8/26/2022 at 8:47 AM, Shelter said:

Stadiums next. :WAP:

I saw him Saturday and I must say pop boys truly do the bare minimum and yet easily are hyped more than pop girls :toofunny3:

I like Harry and he did put on a cute show, with the setlist being a decent mix of all 3 albums but the fact that it was over by 10:35 :skull: with the prices he was charging, I felt robbed. Especially when I compare him to the show I saw Lorde at Thursday, Gaga the Friday before or even The Weeknd last month. Personally, I won't try so hard to see him again :michael:

The chicken nugget bit and him singing Medicine was cute though 

I need a GA ticket to a Chicago show. I need to see Jessie Ware and Harold. Two birds with one stone. 

Seeing him in October and November. :duca:

2 hours ago, Desire said:

I saw him Saturday and I must say pop boys truly do the bare minimum and yet easily are hyped more than pop girls :toofunny3:

I like Harry and he did put on a cute show, with the setlist being a decent mix of all 3 albums but the fact that it was over by 10:35 :skull: with the prices he was charging, I felt robbed. Especially when I compare him to the show I saw Lorde at Thursday, Gaga the Friday before or even The Weeknd last month. Personally, I won't try so hard to see him again :michael:

The chicken nugget bit and him singing Medicine was cute though 

Probably has to do with inflation and product costs. His tour was like $199 the last time, and I got those tickets like almost 2 years ago. :rip: His shows always end before 11, when I went to HSLOT LA N1 last fall, he ended like at 10:30pm or so. Honestly, better for me because I had like work/class the next morning. 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, Flexus said:

Wembley on a Tuesday or Wednesday :rip: let’s hope he does Kiwi as a closer again so I can leave early and make it back home on time, I won’t be able to work the next day if it takes me 3 hours to get home again

some of these places seem huge though, going from Ziggo Dome to Arena in Amsterdam is quite something

Agree, but he seems to have a lot of demand there. The presale for the Arena date in Amsterdam happened this morning and seems to be sold out already. They just announced a second Arena date for Amsterdam. It's already in presale and general sale starts tomorrow.

They added an extra fourth night for Wembley due to the overwhelming demand :deadbanana4: More than 1d ever did while they were active, so deserved :clap3:2 nights at the Stade de France is crazy too

This is insane, they keep adding new dates. And I'm here trying to get tickets and going broke :spin:

These tickets are ridiculously expensive but also it seems like almost everything’s sold out?? Damn 

• 3 weeks later...

allegedly he's booked stadiums in the US next summer after the new EU dates, touring at the same time as Taylor. 

he does not want to let go of this tour :toofunny2: it's not confirmed though so might be incorrect info. Idk how they'd brand another tour in the US tbh given the residencies have all been "X venue is Harry's House" this leg and I assume the aus/asia & new eu dates will be the same setlist as the residencies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.