UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ TERF Island + General Corruption

Diarrhoea

Tugendhat was definitely full of sound bites and that whole bit about being a soldier and thanking the NHS was just pandering, but idk, he just seemed above the other 4, the only one I could take seriously as a leader. He was very smug but kinda deserved to be.Β 

Β 

Truss spoke like she was trying to convince a bouncer she was sober outside a nightclub after going to a Halloween party as Thatcher, Mordaunt just waffled on and on without saying anything. Rishi was good at taking down his opponents, but dreadful at defending himself or coming up with solutions to problems himself. Badenoch was, fine, I guess, my opinion is tainted of her because I know how obsessed she is with culture wars and that's all I know about her

Β 

Β 

Assuming the Tories lose the next election and the leader then resigns Badenoch is in a great position to snatch the leadership at that point, but now isn't her time I don't think.

Β 

Edited by Benjamin

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• Robert

• John Slayne

21 hours ago, fountain said:

We are in desperate need of Angela RaynerΒ 

Yvette Cooper

• ATRL Moderator

tom's question to penny was valid, she can push party unity as much as she wants (which i don't think is necessarily a bad idea for her campaign) but she needs to set out at leastΒ someΒ plans to keep her momentum, particularly considering she wants to pivot so much of the focus to the challenges the everyday person faces

liz is dead in the water at this point. she's weak in the debates and even she knows it. i don't think her pointing it out will be the #relatable moment she thought it would be

tom still isn't impressing me but it seemed he was less focussed on soundbites without a live audience

kemi was the standout for me again

rishi was weak

Β 

Critically acclaimed by 26% of 1537 mumsnet users. :clap3:

15 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

liz is dead in the water at this point. she's weak in the debates and even she knows it. i don't think her pointing it out will be the #relatable moment she thought it would be

She could definitely make it to the final two.

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, midnightdawn said:

She could definitely make it to the final two.

judging by today's vote it seems i have awful instincts

Β 

Trash - 137 votes

Trash - 113 votes

Trash - 105 votes

Β 

Trash was consistently ahead of Trash in previous votes, but Trash picked up enough swing votes from Trash supporters to overtake Trash and reach the final 2.

:rip:

Β 

We just need to keep remembering, at least Boris is gone. The bar is in absolute hell though. An election can’t come soon enoughΒ 

On 7/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, Unoriginal said:

judging by today's vote it seems i have awful instincts

All the right wing media have been attacking Penny non-stop for days otherwise I think she would have been second. Another win for Murdoch and the Daily Mail I guess.

23 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I think Sunak will win.Β 

He's miles behind in a new poll of Tory members, it's 62-38 in her favour.

54 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

He's miles behind in a new poll of Tory members, it's 62-38 in her favour.

then i guess the uk will get its third female PM lol

Β 

The girls are fighting.

Β 

Rishi is managing to make Liz look good. :skull:

Gotta love a bargain queenΒ 

Β 

Cant even be bothered looking up the debate tbh, ****** either way

From his Twitter:

Β 

China and the Chinese Communist Party represent the largest threat to Britain and the world’s security and prosperity this century. Read this thread on how I will face down China :Β 

Β 

1.I would close all 30 of China’s Confucius Institutes in the UK - the highest number in the world. Almost all UK government spending on Mandarin language teaching at school is channelled through university-based Confucius Institutes, thereby promoting Chinese soft power.

2. I will build a new international alliance of free nations to tackle Chinese cyber-threats and share best practice in technology security.

Β 

3. I will expand MI5’s reach to provide greater support to British businesses and universities to counter Chinese industrial espionage.We’ll work across government and with security services to build a toolkit to help companies protect their intellectual property

Β 

4. I will protect key British assets. That means examining the need to prevent Chinese acquisitions of key British assets including strategically sensitive tech firms

Β 

---

Β 

I don't like Rishi Sunak or the Chinese government. I also think it is a good idea to make sure key assets are owned by the local government and not foreign ones.

Β 

However, I also think that shutting down Government-funded schools is awful. What other public institution will he shut down and sell off to private companies?

Β 

Β 

Β 
Edited by AlanRickman1946

Politicians talk the big talks during campaign and would not fulfill their promises once they made it. Instead of blurring the public focus by talking about China, UK government should really focus on improving the actual economy of UK and its people's everyday life.

8 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Politicians talk the big talks during campaign and would not fulfill their promises once they made it. Instead of blurring the public focus by talking about China, UK government should really focus on improving the actual economy of UK and its people's everyday life.

Esp since China is 10 million times more powerful than Iraq or mid east.

As if closing language centres will help, I used to work with the Confucius Institute a lot and had positive experiences. I don’t think they are infiltrating the UK through Mandarin classes and Chinese Paper Folding classes.
Β 

Protecting assets is good but considering tories are parties of landlords they will do little about the number of properties being bought up by international buyers (they literally have flat viewings for buy to let only new builds for my city in Singapore and Hong Kong) as it’s quick money and they never think long term or about the working class.

Edited by Robert

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.