• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• John Slayne

• Robert

14 hours ago, anti-***** said:

Please Labour wipe the ******* floor with Tories! And please start talks for re-joining the EU.

The election isn’t for another two years, so there’s plenty of time for the Tories to gain their good will back. Especially since Labour have proven themselves to be uniquely unelectable for over a decade now.

Β 

As for the EU, that bridge is irreparably burned.

48 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The election isn’t for another two years, so there’s plenty of time for the Tories to gain their good will back. Especially since Labour have proven themselves to be uniquely unelectable for over a decade now.

Β 

As for the EU, that bridge is irreparably burned.

The election is somewhat irrelevant, as the Conservatives can oust Liz within 12 months, should they wish to. Just depends how bad the situation gets with her in charge. If they did dump Liz, that would likely trigger an early general election. So they'll probably do whatever they can to avoid it.

Β 

Labour is becoming more and more electable by the day, but only because the most recent Tory governments have unveiled the party to be so horribly inept and morally bankrupt, that literally anything would be better at this point.Β 

Β 

The EU "bridge" is also not irreparably burned. In the short term, the bridge is probably closed thanks to Boris Johnson's ridiculous conduct, but in time it will be reopened. Whether the UK will actually desire to cross that bridge again in the future is a different story entirely.

Β 

Edited by Zack

Just now, Zack said:

The election is somewhat irrelevant, as the Conservatives can oust Liz within 12 months, should they wish to. Just depends how bad the situation gets with her in charge.

Β 

Labour is becoming more and more electable by the day, but only because the most recent Tory governments have unveiled the party to be so horribly inept and morally bankrupt, that literally anything would be better at this point.Β 

Β 

The EU "bridge" is also not irreparably burned. In the short term, the bridge is probably closed thanks to Boris Johnson's ridiculous conduct, but in time it will be reopened. Whether the UK will actually desire to cross that bridge again in the future is a different story entirely.

Β 

Eh... the UK have shown themselves to be unreliable partners at the whims of political hacks rather than statesmen, though not to the extent of my joke of a country, so I have doubts. Labour could luck out and take over for a period and... then what? They get kicked out of government and get replaced by the Tories who will blow up any attempts to rejoin the EU again because Brits (like most Europeans in general) are motivated by fear of immigrants whose diaspora was stoked by the illegal wars Tony Blair enthusiastically helped contribute to?

16 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Eh... the UK have shown themselves to be unreliable partners at the whims of political hacks rather than statesmen, though not to the extent of my joke of a country, so I have doubts. Labour could luck out and take over for a period and... then what? They get kicked out of government and get replaced by the Tories who will blow up any attempts to rejoin the EU again because Brits (like most Europeans in general) are motivated by fear of immigrants whose diaspora was stoked by the illegal wars Tony Blair enthusiastically helped contribute to?

I disagree, and I would say the UK's relationship with the EU only really degraded under the most recent Conservative period, because David Cameron seemed to think he could use the UK's EU membership status as a bargaining chip in internal party politics, which fired up the lurking Brexiteers. Dreadful mistake.Β 

Β 

The Tory "goodwill", as you put it, is rapidly nosediving and even *if* Liz Truss' premiership is smooth sailing from here on out (which I highly doubt) too much damage has been done for them not to lose at least some power at the next general election, if they're not completely removed from power.Β 

Β 

The UK has been a two party state for a very long time so there's always going to be flip flopping between Tory and Labour. I don't see that changing in the near future.Β 

Β 

As for your last sentence, recent migration data from the Oxford University Migration Observatory shows that up to mid-2021, Indians were the biggest share of migration to the UK. I don't recall the UK being engaged in open conflict with that country in recent times?Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Zack

4 minutes ago, Zack said:

I disagree, and I would say the UK's relationship with the EU only really degraded under the most recent Conservative period, because David Cameron seemed to think he could use the UK's EU membership status as a bargaining chip in internal party politics, which fired up the lurking Brexiteers. Dreadful mistake.Β 

Β 

The Tory "goodwill", as you put it, is rapidly nosediving and even *if* Liz Truss' premiership is smooth sailing from here on out (which I highly doubt) too much damage has been done for them not to lose at least some power at the next general election, if they're not completely removed from power.Β 

Β 

The UK has been a two party state for a very long time so there's always going to be flip flopping between Tory and Labour. I don't see that changing.Β 

Β 

As for your last sentence, recent migration data from the Oxford University Migration Observatory shows that up to mid-2021, Indians were the biggest share of migration to the UK. I don't recall the UK being engaged in open conflict with that country in recent times?Β 

Β 

Β 

Indians aren't the immigrants Brits and Europeans are afraid of. :doc:Β 

Β 

Labour hasn't been elected to government since George Bush was US President, so forgive me for doubting their electoral future. Especially while they're being headed by the faction that led them to total electoral ruin for an entire decade.

Β 

David Cameron putting Brexit on the table thinking it could never happen was undeniably stupid though. No argument on that.

30 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Indians aren't the immigrants Brits and Europeans are afraid of. :doc:Β 

Β 

Labour hasn't been elected to government since George Bush was US President, so forgive me for doubting their electoral future. Especially while they're being headed by the faction that led them to total electoral ruin for an entire decade.

Β 

David Cameron putting Brexit on the table thinking it could never happen was undeniably stupid though. No argument on that.

The top 5 countries of birth of migrants to the UK up to June 2021 are mostly estimated as India, Poland, Pakistan, Ireland and Germany, so I'm not really seeing whatever point it was that you were making there?Β 

Β 

Like I said, the UK has long been a two party state, so it's naive and/or misguided to suggest Labour will remain unelectable just because they have not been in power for a while. Until 2010 when they barely scraped themselves back to power, the Tories had not won an actual election since 1992, some 18 years prior and when Labour gained power in 1997, they had ended a Tory run that lasted 18 years. These things tend to go in circles. The Tories themselves are no stranger to the political wilderness that Labour has been in until recently.Β 

Β 

Labour polling has returned to levels not seen since the late 1990s. The last time that happened, they eventually returned to power, so we will see. There are a lot of parallels these days to that time, including predicted/actual recession and instability of the British currency, plus Tory corruption.Β 

Β 

The Tories are beginning to disillusion large sections of voters, but we'll have to see whether Sir Kier is capable of seizing the best opportunity Labour has had in years to become electable.Β 

Β 

Edited by Zack

Ah yes, that Tony Blair illegal war into eastern Europe. :rip:Β  The disgusting attitudes to EasternΒ Europeans in the 2004 EU enlargement is the root cause and main reason for Brexit, and now we're suffering because, surprise, no one here wants to do the jobs the Eastern Europeans were doing for us.

Β 

Β 

-

Β 

Apparently the letters of no confidence are already flooding in for Liz. She's technically safe for another 11 months, but 1922 rules can change on a whim.

Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

16 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Apparently the letters of no confidence are already flooding in for Liz. She's technically safe for another 11 months, but 1922 rules can change on a whim.

I don't know why they have all these rules when they just change them if they become inconvenient. Anyway, the other issue is their terrible way of electing their leader which takes months and still ends up with the worst option succeeding. Penny, Rishi, almost any other candidate would be doing better than Liz and her agenda which has destroyed them.

Β 

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Ah yes, that Tony Blair illegal war into eastern Europe. :rip:Β  The disgusting attitudes to EasternΒ Europeans in the 2004 EU enlargement is the root cause and main reason for Brexit, and now we're suffering because, surprise, no one here wants to do the jobs the Eastern Europeans were doing for us.

Β 

It's a common thread in northern and western Europe that natives refuse to do "hands in the dirt" jobs. We are spoiled in so many ways.

I can’t at how spectacularly she has backfired :rip:Β 

Β 

It’s honestly at the point now where there seems to be genuine sentiment that the UK might not even survive another 2 years of Conservative government :rip:Β 

Β 

To all the Labour doubters, politics is always has been cyclical. And the UK is about to see one hell of a cycle next election.Β 

On 9/30/2022 at 11:04 AM, Chemist said:

Β 

:bibliahh:

I-

Prime Minister Liz Truss has been calling up Tory MPs in an attempt to prevent a mutiny over her controversial tax cuts which saw Labour rocket in popularity in polls.

The news comes as rumours swell about 70 of her own MPs scheming to topple the new leader over fears she is ruining the economy and the party's reputation.

Rishi Sunak's supporters are also plotting to install the former Chancellor in No10 as part of a 'coronation' if Liz Truss 's Government falls in the wake of the mini-Budget, The Mail on Sunday understands.Β 

Tory plotters are tapping Mr Sunak's MP backers argue that the leadership rules should be ripped up to give MPs the sole right to pick a successor to Ms Truss without the long campaign to court party members that led to Ms Truss succeeding Boris Johnson last month.

In addition to Mr Sunak, supporters of Boris Johnson have been talking about voting down the bill containing the budget measures to bring down the Government, allowing Mr Johnson to become a 'caretaker' prime minister.Β 

Michael Gove, who is speaking at nine events at the conference, is suspected of plotting one last tilt at the leadership, something which his friends angrily dismiss.

Β 

The MP added: 'Even people who backed Liz in the leadership contest think she's had it. Most of the conversations are: How do we get rid of her?'

Β 

x

Β 

giphy.gif

On 9/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

Nah there’s been a huge shift towards Labour, the Tories’ failings will not be forgotten by the next election especially if Liz is ousted before then.

Β 

That will be 4 Tory prime ministers in a row who stepped down, a shamblesΒ :lmao:Β 

Β 

I can’t see how the next Tory prime minister after Liz can win over the public in 1 year and get everyone to forget the mess their party has caused.Β 

Edited by CaptainMusic

Β 

LMAO. We love to see it. He's getting slaughtered in the interviews he's doing, and is refusing to rule out more U-turns and is claiming that abolishing the 45p tax rate wasn't a mistake... when this reversal pretty much says it was.

Tell me I didn’t just hear her say in an interview that she is focusing on things like getting roads built :rip:Β WTF

it won't happen but can you imagine if the tories really did lose by 33 points, a generation defining election for the entire AnglosphereΒ :skull::skull::skull:

Liz Truss would become a legendary historic figure, forever synonymous with failure and disaster. if onlyΒ :jonny5:

17 hours ago, Chemist said:

Β 

Psychotic

I would love to see this too… if she is seated on the thing with no ******* return ticket.Β 

On 10/2/2022 at 11:06 AM, CaptainMusic said:

the Tories’ failings will not be forgotten by the next election especially if Liz is ousted before then.

don't overestimate the electorate's intelligence and memory. i hope tories lose badly of course, but anything can happen between now and the next GE

The UK has been an absolute joke ever since the Brexit referendum happened. Their newest PM is just the cherry on top of the cake made of crap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.