UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ TERF Island + General Corruption

Diarrhoea

If someone ever looked painfully British it's surely Matt Hancock

Β 

Like the Neanderthal, male pattern baldness, Viking DNA and cheddar man jumped tf ouT

Β 

I'm half British so I can say this no racism

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• John Slayne

• Robert

lmaooo. Brexit will be in UK politics for the rest of humanity’s existence. I hope the EU never entertains the idea again :michael:

On 11/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, Chemist said:

lmaooo. Brexit will be in UK politics for the rest of humanity’s existence. I hope the EU never entertains the idea again :michael:

tbh i don't think anything changed other than the fact that half of the brexit boomers were killed by covid/the government's negligence. or died of old age, it's been 6 years and we know brexiteers were mostly old.

11 hours ago, John Slayne said:

tbh i don't think anything changed other than the fact that half of the brexit boomers were killed by covid/the government's negligence. or died of old age, it's been 6 years and we know brexiteers were mostly old.

Β 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, fountain said:

Just pay the people what they are ******* worthΒ 

spacer.png

Β 

A literal crook

Hate this s.o.a.b. so muchΒ 

Update 01/16/23:

Β 

Edited by Communion

England’s obsession with transgender people is truly something else. I guess it’s a good enemy to distract from the massive economic problems that uninterrupted Tory rule has causedΒ 

Now the action the Tories are taking here is abhorrent, but I don't think this counts as a constitutional crisis. The operating definition of UK devolution is that, when political whims change (as seems to be the case here given this threat), is that the higher parliament can take back the authority devolved to the regional parliament. It's a very different system than in the US, where state legislatures are pretty much untouchable to the federal government.Β 

7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Now the action the Tories are taking here is abhorrent, but I don't think this counts as a constitutional crisis. The operating definition of UK devolution is that, when political whims change (as seems to be the case here given this threat), is that the higher parliament can take back the authority devolved to the regional parliament. It's a very different system than in the US, where state legislatures are pretty much untouchable to the federal government.Β 

Thank you for the added nuance; from what I've seen from commentators in Scotland, how the action will be interpreted on the ground though will basically be as a huge over-step, even if not technically a constitutional criss. Do you think that sentiment is true?

Β 

It's just a bit bonkers that transphobia would be seen as such a pivotal weapon for English conservatives that they're willing to re-ignite calls for Scottish independence to keep TERFs happy.

Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

Thank you for the added nuance; from what I've seen from commentators in Scotland, how the action will be interpreted on the ground though will basically be as a huge over-step, even if not technically a constitutional criss. Do you think that sentiment is true?

Yeah definitely, it would be a huge reversal of policy toward Scotland (and a massive erosion of political norms toward the non-England parts of the UK) created over the past 25 years, and would certainly spur further independence support. I'm not surprised that this is happening, but I can't believe the Tories might ******* make trans rights the wedge issue that would drive apart the UK in a way that not even Brexit couldΒ :deadbanana4:

Tories being trash as usual and trying to use Trans people as their new culture war. If they do this then they can kiss any chance of Scotland voting to stay in the union goodbye.

Β 

Meanwhile Scotland is always being the most progressive country in the UK and queen Nicola always delivering :clap3:

SNP has been trying to have another referendum ever since the Brexit vote, England tempering with Scotland's legislation will only strengthen SNP's case for independence

Β 

it's kinda crazy (and politically stupid, to be honest) that they would do this over trans rights of all thingsΒ :deadbanana4:Β not that trans rights are not important of course, they are! but I don't think there's enough TERFs that care so much that this would sway them to vote Tory in England or Scotland, so this means that Parliamentary Tories must really just be raging transphobes if they are willing to risk losing Scotland over this.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.