• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• John Slayne

• Robert

52 minutes ago, 808s said:

Wait so she is OUT because she wanted people to pay less taxes(and have more money that way??) and the banks got mad?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/30/liz-truss-uk-economic-crisis

This article explains it fully. Tax cuts + irresponsible spending = market crash

Just now, Benjamin said:

She's out because her entire economic policy was exposed as completely and utterly stupid within days of her taking office. To the surprise of no one except herself and her chancellor, leaving her a lame duck with nothing to give. 

She almost wiped out the entire UK Pensions system and crashed the mortgage market because she wanted to cut taxes on the wealthy and pay for it through massive increases in borrowing. Borrowing isn't an unlimited money tree and the markets said no.

Oh wait so she did this for the rich? **** her then

Just now, 808s said:

Oh wait so she did this for the rich? **** her then

Oops hid my post because Teen Idle replied first, but yeah basically.

There was some tax cuts for the less well off too, but it was all aimed at the wealthy primarily. They tried to calm the markets by promising to cut spending on the poorest too afterwards when the crisis started.

Also WTF is this mess? Why are they sitting in a stadium like setting and shouting like at a sports game? I thought the uk was more serious and classy

50 minutes ago, 808s said:

Also WTF is this mess? Why are they sitting in a stadium like setting and shouting like at a sports game? I thought the uk was more serious and classy

lol.

4 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

So the next leadership candidates have to get 100 MPs to nominate them by Monday, but is there even a single candidate that 100 Tories can agree on when the party is so divided? :rip:

These were the results of the first ballot of the last leadership contest and no-one got 100 votes from MPs, although Rishi was close:

Rishi Sunak - 88

Penny Mordaunt - 67

Liz Truss - 50

Kemi Badenoch - 40

Tom Tugendhat - 37

Anti-tofu and anti-human-rights activist - 32

Nadhim Zahawi - 25

Jeremy Hunt - 18

Well, Liz Truss won't be in the ballot anymore. I guess her 50 votes will be key; and they are bound to go to some rightwing messy candidate such as BORIS.

I think he coulg get to 100 easily.

1 hour ago, 808s said:

That’s how it always is. 

Not these fools leading the country into Brexit and then ******* the country up beyond repair when they got their way. They should all be jailed for crimes against humanity :skull:

40 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

If Boris seriously becomes PM again I’m done with this country :skull: 

Get ready :skull: ERG members are alligning behind him again

Can't wait till 2025 to witness at their utter wipe out

hmm apparently he'd be the 3rd pm to stage a comeback if it happens?

3 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

An aubergine :gaycat7:

And the lettuce has 500 to 1 odds of becoming PM :gaycat7:

I'm sorry but the twins for the lottery ad at the bottom are SENDING me adfasdfasd

Boris faced scandal after scandal for months, had massive embarrassing loses in safe by-elections, was humiliated in the 2022 local elections, and the GP hates him. You could claim Liz has reset all that, but he now faces suspension from parliament next month for lying about Party Gate, which is likely to trigger a recall election in his marginal constituency where he will lose his seat. I've no idea why some conservatives are so desperate to get him back. Scandals starting before he's even back in office. :ahh:

He will definitely do better in the polls than Liz was doing, but Starmer's landslide is safe for the time being, barring any future surprises.

The positive of having Boris back is that he'll be responsible for the Tories losing the next election. That'll stop all the "If we hadn't removed Boris we'd have won!!!" bs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.