UK Politics πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ›οΈ TERF Island + General Corruption

Diarrhoea

Just now, Zack said:

Even if he doesn't lose, what is left of his credibility and authority will be severely damaged by this.Β 

Β 

Theresa May didn't lose her no confidence vote but ended up leaving within a few months anyway, due to tensions within the party following the vote.

Β 

Yeah and he has two disastrous by-elections coming up in 17 days :fan:Β but Theresa had enough public pledged support by lunchtime, whereas voting has been open for 45m and he's still, like, 50 short. His campaign has been terrible and Nadine Dorries has been... herself and I choose to believe he'd lost. :giraffe:

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• Robert

• John Slayne

Β 

Edited by nathanspears

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

Β 

NAOMI-DG-1.jpg

I'm a bit worried right now, I pray this is the last straw for everyone.Β 

Theresa dressed for when she reclaims her throne. :clap3:

On the Reddit prediction thread I said he loses 189-166 with 4 abstentionsΒ applies clown makeup

I just don’t know why any right thinking MPs would want to support him anymore.. it’s career suicide, so hopefully they use some sense and this is actually it for himΒ :dancehall3:

Miss @DiarrhoeaΒ are you able to change the OP to remove the Dec 12 date for the GE? I was confused seeing that earlier thinking there was one this yearΒ :rip:

Β 

Β 

Β 

The only hope.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

12 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Miss @DiarrhoeaΒ are you able to change the OP to remove the Dec 12 date for the GE? I was confused seeing that earlier thinking there was one this yearΒ :rip:

I've been meaning to do it for ages (obviously) but it's been so long that idk what to change it to :fan:Β might try and find a quote from the OG House of Cards or something

1 minute ago, Diarrhoea said:

I've been meaning to do it for ages (obviously) but it's been so long that idk what to change it to :fan:Β might try and find a quote from the OG House of Cards or something

thanks sis. :fan:Β was very confused by the date.Β 

Β 

Hope - but doubt - Boorish loses but even if he doesn't, there's still a lot of cracks in the party now and he is a certified criminal!Β :fan:Β 

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

thanks sis. :fan:Β was very confused by the date.Β 

Β 

Hope - but doubt - Boorish loses but even if he doesn't, there's still a lot of cracks in the party now and he is a certified criminal!Β :fan:Β 

Yes let's focus on this

Β 

mogul3.gif

Tbh Boris losing is probably the worse result for Labour.

Β 

If he barley wins, the Conservatives will keep a hated stubborn leader who will not willingly resign that the public despise, while the Conservatives fall into civil war.

Β 

If he overwhelmingly wins, same as above but the Conservatives are more united.

Β 

If he loses, the Conservatives get a new leader who might pretend to be competent and get a new leader bounce from voters. Boris stink is gone.

211-148 for Boris, we'll see how June goes x

Boris wins. It wasn’t even all that close either.

Worse than Theresa May though, that's absolutely brutal, he's done. Not immediately, but soon.

Β 

That vote against is absolutely huge.

49 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Tbh Boris losing is probably the worse result for Labour.

Β 

If he barley wins, the Conservatives will keep a hated stubborn leader who will not willingly resign that the public despise, while the Conservatives fall into civil war.

Β 

If he overwhelmingly wins, same as above but the Conservatives are more united.

Β 

If he loses, the Conservatives get a new leader who might pretend to be competent and get a new leader bounce from voters. Boris stink is gone.

I think you're right that this was the best case scenario for these reasons.Β 

Β 

Sure we want absolutely rid of the cockroach that keeps holding on without dignity, just like Theresa before him... but this is still a bad result for him and the stain on his image stays. When not even 60% of his party want him around, it's damaging. To get less support than Theresa did when she was battered and bruised (not strong and stable) on the daily before resigning is humiliating. And they can't rebuild till he's gone, so the longer he holds on the more damage he does for them. :fan:

The conservative mouthpieces are no doubt going to go on a media run and try to spin this into a win somehow :rip:Β β€œthe votes have shown that there is confidence in the pm!! the majority want him and believe in him!!!” :biblio:

That MP on SkyNews saying Zelensky will be punching the air and celebrating Boris survived. Wow. :rip:

Β 

I could never be a journalist, I would've been very rude if he has said that to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.