• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Thinking Of You

• Armani?

• Wicked

Y'all see the way I Like x Guy is going viral on TT. It's all over my For You Page :clap3:nice to see throwback r&b get some love!

This song immediately takes me to Love & Basketball.

3 hours ago, Devin said:

I’m noticing a lot of throwback R&B on TikTok.

Love In This Club is trending too

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

______ is retired being a new trend on Twitter. :dies:

:ahh:

13 hours ago, Devin said:

Also I’ma need Monica to stop with C-Murder.

Yeah she look too good to be sprung over a nigga in jail who's not getting out.

Thinking Of You

@Keith @Devin @Armani? @Billionaire @worldwide angel

Discussion time! Why do you think our community is so bad when it comes to living healthy lifestyles (cleaner eating and exercising regularly)? We are the second race behind Hispanics, by half a percentage, who are the least active in terms of exercise. Is it because we were never allowed in those spaces and now it’s just generational? 

I am forced to eat clean and exercise at least five times a week because my Mother has high blood pressure, my Dad had cancer, and so did my uncle (my Mom’s brother). So I literally have no choice :dies:

Then you have a lot of our young black girls wanting to be “thick” and overeating and not exercising because of it. Why? It’s so backwards.

Soul Food is the reason why we're behind diet wise.(outside of access to fresh produce in some places & environmental racism of being surrounded by liquor stores full of junk food) Some traditions can be tweaked though.

I'm vegan & still eat Soul Food, just have to change some recipes. 

Edited by Armani?

6 hours ago, Keith said:

Yeah she look too good to be sprung over a nigga in jail who's not getting out.

This! And she’s moving like he finna get out next year. To each’s own I guess. :toofunny3:

9 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

@Keith @Devin @Armani? @Billionaire @worldwide angel

Discussion time! Why do you think our community is so bad when it comes to living healthy lifestyles (cleaner eating and exercising regularly)? We are the second race behind Hispanics, by half a percentage, who are the least active in terms of exercise. Is it because we were never allowed in those spaces and now it’s just generational? 

I am forced to eat clean and exercise at least five times a week because my Mother has high blood pressure, my Dad had cancer, and so did my uncle (my Mom’s brother). So I literally have no choice :dies:

Then you have a lot of our young black girls wanting to be “thick” and overeating and not exercising because of it. Why? It’s so backwards.

In my opinion, it has a lot to do with finances and our upbringings. Growing up my fam LOVE to cook soul food every Sunday/Holidays. A lot of soul food is fattening, unhealthy, and etc. Then as Black folks we aren’t too keen on spending $$$ for gyms. Plus depending on your income – only the rich can really eat a healthy diet and lose weight.

Also as Black folks we strongly follow the “quick” concept; meaning that if we’re faced with an issue we seek the quickest routes for results w/o putting thought to what’s next. Sad but true. 

Thinking Of You
34 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Soul Food is the reason why we're behind diet wise.(outside of access to fresh produce in some places & environmental racism of being surrounded by liquor stores full of junk food) Some traditions can be tweaked though.

I'm vegan & still eat Soul Food, just have to change some recipes. 

Why vegan instead of just semi-clean eating? Just curious

24 minutes ago, Devin said:

In my opinion, it has a lot to do with finances and our upbringings. Growing up my fam LOVE to cook soul food every Sunday/Holidays. A lot of soul food is fattening, unhealthy, and etc. Then as Black folks we aren’t too keen on spending $$$ for gyms. Plus depending on your income – only the rich can really eat a healthy diet and lose weight.

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

Also as Black folks we strongly follow the “quick” concept; meaning that if we’re faced with an issue we seek the quickest routes for results w/o putting thought to what’s next. Sad but true. 

These are good points 

10 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Why vegan instead of just semi-clean eating? Just curious

Environment & ethical reasons

Also ppl who most ppl who "semi clean" eat probably still eat unhealthy overall. Moderation is such a loose term

While we on this topic I’m so proud of myself cutting out pork (besides bacon). Its been 8 years. :intoit:

Thinking Of You
8 minutes ago, Devin said:

While we on this topic I’m so proud of myself cutting out pork (besides bacon). Its been 8 years. :intoit:

What about fast food though? :eli:

14 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Environment & ethical reasons

Also ppl who most ppl who "semi clean" eat probably still eat unhealthy overall. Moderation is such a loose term

That is true though 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.