The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

3 hours ago, Dystopian said:

got the 14 pro max after having the x for 5 years :gaycat4:

how do you like it? which color did you get?

Does anyone have the Apple Watch Ultra? 

Does anyone have the Apple Watch Ultra? 

Finally updated from iOS 15 to 16.2 ....what a mess :biblio:

Where is the volume slider on the lock screen when music is playing? :biblio: 

Why can't we disable the long press wallpaper customization on the lock screen? :biblio:

Why can't we have notifications displayed at the top instead of the bottom? :biblio:

FIX IT APPLE :biblio:

• 3 weeks later...

Currently have an iPhone 11 Pro, nothing wrong with it but im looking into getting the Apple 14 pro. Do you think its worth the jump? I don't want to wait for the 15 because people were saying the same thing for the 12 and 13 and cosmetically not much changed.

Thanks!

On 1/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, BeMyBoy said:

Currently have an iPhone 11 Pro, nothing wrong with it but im looking into getting the Apple 14 pro. Do you think its worth the jump? I don't want to wait for the 15 because people were saying the same thing for the 12 and 13 and cosmetically not much changed.

Thanks!

that's a big upgrade, if you can get a good deal then go for it.

• ATRL Moderator

I was thinking of the simplification of the product line after the Base thread and just think how great the following lineup would be

iPhone

Mini - 5.4

Standard - 6.1 / Pro - 6.1

Ultra - 6.7

iPad

Mini - 8.3

Standard - 10.9 / Pro - 11

Ultra - 12.9

Macbook

Mini - 11

Standard - 13 / Pro - 13

Ultra - 15

Mini & Standard sharing most of the same features, same with Pro & Ultra.  And it would make their lineup just make so much more sense.  There is no need to continue the Air line, as the Air came about as a way to create smaller devices but all the devices across the lineups are small now.  

And even for the phone, you could alternate and have the Mini/Standard debut one year, and the Pro/Ultra debut the next year.  That way they are still debuting a new phone each year but each line stays for two years.

If there is ever a foldable iPhone, it should share a name with a foldable iPad to keep the lineup clean.  

when are they gonna fix the battery issues? lord i miss having the amazing battery i did with the 13 pro max on ios 15 

On 12/12/2022 at 6:11 PM, Cheers said:

I have a 2020 Macbook Pro but I think i'm going to get a Macbook Air for my bday in the summer lol. I don't need a pro idk what I was thinking (I do I was trying to flex)

Also want an Apple Watch Ultra

I have the starlight MBA and it's a slayyyyy. I love it so much! The new MBPs are ridiculously expensive, and quite ugly imo. The MBAs are perfect if you don't do a ton of graphic intensive things. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:52 AM, shinyshimmery said:

I have the starlight MBA and it's a slayyyyy. I love it so much! The new MBPs are ridiculously expensive, and quite ugly imo. The MBAs are perfect if you don't do a ton of graphic intensive things. 

waiting for the new MBA to go 999USD for the base

On 1/4/2023 at 3:21 AM, khalyan said:

I was thinking of the simplification of the product line after the Base thread and just think how great the following lineup would be

iPhone

Mini - 5.4

Standard - 6.1 / Pro - 6.1

Ultra - 6.7

iPad

Mini - 8.3

Standard - 10.9 / Pro - 11

Ultra - 12.9

Macbook

Mini - 11

Standard - 13 / Pro - 13

Ultra - 15

Mini & Standard sharing most of the same features, same with Pro & Ultra.  And it would make their lineup just make so much more sense.  There is no need to continue the Air line, as the Air came about as a way to create smaller devices but all the devices across the lineups are small now.  

And even for the phone, you could alternate and have the Mini/Standard debut one year, and the Pro/Ultra debut the next year.  That way they are still debuting a new phone each year but each line stays for two years.

If there is ever a foldable iPhone, it should share a name with a foldable iPad to keep the lineup clean.  

sis they are ditching the mini for the iphone.

so it will be the regular, pro, and the ultra.

the macbook air will definitely stay, as the branding is already too established especially for students to let go of such market. 

Macbook Air - 13 and 15 inches

Macbook Pro - 14 and 16 inches

22 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

waiting for the new MBA to go 999USD for the base

I got mine for $1,119 using the apple education website... they don't even ask for student verification. I believe right now it's $1099 in the US for student pricing. 

I want to upgrade my phone but I really hate dynamic island :redface:

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, supertiffany said:

sis they are ditching the mini for the iphone.

so it will be the regular, pro, and the ultra.

the macbook air will definitely stay, as the branding is already too established especially for students to let go of such market. 

Macbook Air - 13 and 15 inches

Macbook Pro - 14 and 16 inches

Those are just my wishes.  The Mini is gone, but the SE is still around and could be rebranded as a Mini.

And for the Air, I don't necessarily think a branding change would affect students that much.  Especially because the idea of the Air doesn't make sense anymore.  Why would you want a Macbook Air that's bigger than a Macbook Pro?  Or an iPad Air that's more expensive and heavier than the standard iPad?  It's this confusion that's leading to the product line being such a mess.  

I still haven't updated my phone considering the Pro Max was impossible to find where I live due to the slow in production and now I'm lowkey tempted to wait until the 15 ultra release :snowman:Apple seriously needs to release every 2 years, it's seriously frustrating think to invest (here in Europe the prices are crazy) in a 1,5-2K Euro phone that in 8 months is gonna be already old.

It's basically the same thing :snowman:

Happy that HomePod minis are getting their temperature and humidity sensors enabled though :clap3:

On 1/13/2023 at 11:30 AM, shinyshimmery said:

I got mine for $1,119 using the apple education website... they don't even ask for student verification. I believe right now it's $1099 in the US for student pricing. 

yeah

the Macbook M1 design was 1299 at first launched too then it became 1199 then 1099 then 999

where you from? :)

On 1/14/2023 at 12:01 AM, khalyan said:

Those are just my wishes.  The Mini is gone, but the SE is still around and could be rebranded as a Mini.

And for the Air, I don't necessarily think a branding change would affect students that much.  Especially because the idea of the Air doesn't make sense anymore.  Why would you want a Macbook Air that's bigger than a Macbook Pro?  Or an iPad Air that's more expensive and heavier than the standard iPad?  It's this confusion that's leading to the product line being such a mess.  

yeah but SE had such good years especially SE 1 and to a little extent SE 2, the name SE or Special Edition has the branding

Macbook Mini name is cute, especially if they made that 12" tho they might not bring back this form factor anymore

this is the BEST MACBOOK design ever, idk why they are hesitant to release such form factor again.

they can make this 12" Macbook as Macbook Air

1604 MacBook_Family_Dancing.jpg

12 inch Macbook design to be the new Macbook Air (no bezels so it will be 13")

13 inch Macbook Air design to be the new Macbook Pro

The current Macbook Pro design they can have those as the new Macbook Ultra

cautiously optimistic. i feel like they wouldn't release it if it wasn't pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if theres a way to have photos taken in photo booth to automatically be uploaded to the cloud

On 1/18/2023 at 11:34 PM, supertiffany said:

1604 MacBook_Family_Dancing.jpg

These MacBooks were the thing when I was like 15-16 but I couldn't afford one, then when I finally got money the colour choices were either silver or space grey, I was ROBBED of my rose gold MacBook dreams. They better bring that qt back

I’ve decided I’m going to try my hand at coding and see if I can get a career out of it. Should I save up for the MacBook Pro 16 or can I make do with the 14? 

7 hours ago, Yum said:

These MacBooks were the thing when I was like 15-16 but I couldn't afford one, then when I finally got money the colour choices were either silver or space grey, I was ROBBED of my rose gold MacBook dreams. They better bring that qt back

yeah the rose gold macbook is such a delight!

the M1 macbook air loooks rose gold

more than the color, the form factor, the new Macbook Air is still not as compact and light like the 12 inch Macbook

3 hours ago, youcallingmyname said:

I’ve decided I’m going to try my hand at coding and see if I can get a career out of it. Should I save up for the MacBook Pro 16 or can I make do with the 14? 

14 is better since it is less bulkier but if you dont leave the house then 16. 

is coding easy and lucrative salary? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.