The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

• ATRL Moderator

Lowkey hate the colors for the 14pro (not that it matters as I have a contract for another year with my beautiful 13pro but still)

I will say, I'm intrigued by the island bar, seems either genius or a nightmare 

45 minutes ago, Bussea said:

I just hope the battery life is as long as the Gen 3 :jonny:

It looks like it is! Gen 3 also have 6 hours of battery life with Spatial Audio turned off.

They kinda sold the Dynamic Island, not gonna lie. It’s another step towards full screen display, but contrarily to the notch they found a way to integrate it more with the UX/UI. Too bad it’s Pro only, I’d actually considered to upgrade if it was available on the regular model as well.

The gaggiest thing is base model dropping the SIM card slot though, I didn’t expect them to do it so soon.

Just now, Ampersand13 said:

Lowkey hate the colors for the 14pro (not that it matters as I have a contract for another year with my beautiful 13pro but still)

I will say, I'm intrigued by the island bar, seems either genius or a nightmare 

I think it'll be dropped in a few years :skull: 

14 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

That dynamic island is going to lead to lots of blurry selfies, since now you’re being encouraged to touch that area to interact with settings. :monkey:

You know what, that’s actually very true. I didn’t think about that :skull:

When do pre orders start exactly for the 14 pro? Like what time? I know in the past it was at 8am UK time

I wonder if base models having basically a slightly tweaked last year processor will impact sales. It’s the first time since iPhone 5c (I think) that they’ve differentiated their phones like this.

I want the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but wish they did it in Blue or Green, might get it in Gold or Silver :duca: :duca:, kind of want to trade in my Apple Watch for a new one too.

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, greento said:

When do pre orders start exactly for the 14 pro? Like what time? I know in the past it was at 8am UK time

5am pacific time 

The dynamic island looks so cool. :jonny5:

I'm so tempted to trade in both my 13 Pro and S7 but I know I shouldn't since they both work perfectly fine. :weeps:

• ATRL Moderator

I'm upgrading from a 12, which I love but has bad camera quality even compared to my friend's 13 Pro Max (pictures we both took at Dua Lipa and Gaga concerts this year look completely different from my phone to hers).  I think it's worth it just for that but I'm also happy for extended battery life, larger display with better quality, and the dynamic island.  

The island gives me a bit of OCD tbh. It feels like a bar that will never go away even if you click it, I like the notch better.

I was planning on upgrading from the 7 plus that has lasted me for 6 years and I wanted to wait for the 14 pro, but I think I'll stay with the 13 pro Alpine Green, the only thing that bothers me missing is the 48 mp camera, I'll wait fro reviews. 

I really liked the pastel direction they were going with Sierra Blue. Kind of disappointed by Deep Purple, I guess it’s more appealing to men. :cries: I’m starting to hate that they’re transitioning to darker colors on their lineups. 

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

I'm upgrading from a 12, which I love but has bad camera quality even compared to my friend's 13 Pro Max (pictures we both took at Dua Lipa and Gaga concerts this year look completely different from my phone to hers).  I think it's worth it just for that but I'm also happy for extended battery life, larger display with better quality, and the dynamic island.  

I remember when I got my 12 Pro Max, I was so wowed by the picture quality and now it feels like **** :rip:

I’m debating whether I really need to upgrade to the 14 Pro or whether I should just get a replacement battery and hold off for another year. I kinda hate having a Pro Max honestly, it’s way too big

just got my pre order ready for the 14 pro in gold 256gb.

i've got a silver 12 pro max atm but wanted a smaller one this time. so excited!

Yeah I’ll be ordering the 14 Pro in silver. That purple is possibly one of the worst colors in the Pro lineup. Almost as bad as the Midnight Green on the 11 Pro. :deadbanana: Like no one (other than masc men) wants subtle colors that look like Space Grey under certain lighting. 

I've had my Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max since Christmas of 2020 and I've been so excited to get a new phone but the changes are very minimal especially regarding the display/form factor :noparty: I'm tempted to just wait until next year BUT I do like the Deep Purple 14 Pro + upgrading my watch since it's an outdated Series 4 :celestial5:

ImageiPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max in Deep Purple

48 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I've had my Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max since Christmas of 2020 and I've been so excited to get a new phone but the changes are very minimal especially regarding the display/form factor :noparty: I'm tempted to just wait until next year BUT I do like the Deep Purple 14 Pro + upgrading my watch since it's an outdated Series 4 :celestial5:

ImageiPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max in Deep Purple

The first pic is actually a dummy model. The real shade is darker than that.

I really don't like apples implementation of the always-on display. Its kinda messy looking with the wallpaper still showing. I'd prefer completely black bg.

Love the use of the pill or w/e its called. its kinda huge looking but at least its functional.

Purple colour is a slay

• ATRL Moderator

The Pro looks awesome, but ugh I hate how the standard 14 is pretty much identical to the 13 (which had minimal changes from the 12).  I have a 12 and was hoping the standard 14 would be an exciting upgrade but I might have to splurge on the Pro :jonny:  At least with my trade in, the monthly amount isn't that different.

not buying new gen airpods until they make waterproof ones i can wear in the shower :kitty:  that’s the update i want

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.