The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

13 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I find it fitting that my first post on ATRL from my MacBook Pro that just arrived this morning would be in this thread. Love y'all and hope everyone else who has ordered one receives theirs soon! I'm already in love :wanda:

So happy for you! :party:

Just caved and got AirPods Maxes for my grad gift. I love them, they got tight at first but they're great so far. I got the Applecare+ while I am at it. Does anyone have them?

On 5/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, Starshine said:

I'm returning to Apple TV after a while and it's just acclaimed + quality. :jonny5:

It's nice that there's such a limited selection making it easier for me to pick and choose while Netflix throws **** at a wall and most of it never sticks. HBO Max, Apple TV, and Disney+ the trinity.

I have it with my iPhone + iPad plan, but they're serving with their content. They had a pop-up at The Grove in LA last week. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

So happy for you! :party:

:hug:

I'm beaming with joy :weeps:

15 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm excited, but Apple really needs to stop trying to make Memoji's happen.  I honestly don't know anyone that actually uses them. :toofunny2:

On 5/31/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ampersand13 said:

I find it fitting that my first post on ATRL from my MacBook Pro that just arrived this morning would be in this thread. Love y'all and hope everyone else who has ordered one receives theirs soon! I'm already in love :wanda:

Got mine yesterday too! :heart2: what a JOURNEY it's been :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Perfect Crime said:

Got mine yesterday too! :heart2: what a JOURNEY it's been :deadbanana:

Slé! So happy for you!! :hug:

• ATRL Moderator

Anyone watching? 

3 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Anyone watching? 

Yup! The new Lock Screen is nice. It’s a shame they still won’t allow us to change the two shortcuts though at the bottom :rip: I’d have liked them to implement the mac icons though, but that’ll probably come next year or the year after :skull: 

ff they already announced an M2 when others are still catching up to the M1 :rip:  This was a cute update though although it’s still 5nm. I hope the M2 Pro isn’t 5nm though, but I think there’s supply constraints so that’s probably the reason. 

23 minutes ago, Starshine said:

iOS 16 looks so clean. :jonny2:

Also not them lowkey hinting the car. There’s no reason to improve CarPlay that much if they aren’t working on an EV. I highly doubt manufactures will have that many screens in their cars.

https://twitter.com/theapplehub/status/1533866484916621317?s=21&t=3JHP_D_3DPLU48sK0utqIg

My Audi has a whole virtual cockpit and and a separate screen. Having car play effortlessly flow to both screens would look immaculate :jonny: I was shocked to see Audi on the list since they’re pretty closed walled when it comes to The virtual cockpit and non-native applications etc. in my

experience 

9 minutes ago, Starshine said:

ff they already announced an M2 when others are still catching up to the M1 :rip:  This was a cute update though although it’s still 5nm. I hope the M2 Pro isn’t 5nm though, but I think there’s supply constraints so that’s probably the reason. 

That’s kinda been their strategy post iPhone fiasco. Essentially, google learnt of the iPhone prototype and changed their original android prototype from being a blackberry device to their own take on the iPhone. It harmed apple massively, so come the iPad and the M chips, they kept them so under-wraps the other companies had no time to retaliate.

Now as the other companies start to prepare their M competition apple are already updating theirs and lapping them

The can update Metal all they want, but if they keep gatekeeping gaming platforms allowed on their products NO ONE will use Macs for gaming :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

The can update Metal all they want, but if they keep gatekeeping gaming platforms allowed on their products NO ONE will use Macs for gaming :sistrens:

The way they’re doubling down on this. :rip:

No one likes Metal. :deadbanana: 

6 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The way they’re doubling down on this. :rip:

No one likes Metal. :deadbanana: 

Yeah, the they're so out of touch on some stuff... It's baffling, honestly :deadbanana4:

happy that I didnt wait for the m2 macbook air, and bought the discounted deal of half terabyte m1 air months ago 

especially the new air is much expensive, will buy it once it got to the base price of 999 or 899USD for students 

The way they brag about M1 being super powerful but they won't provide multi-user capabilities to iPad :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Yeah, the they're so out of touch on some stuff... It's baffling, honestly :deadbanana4:

Like the power is there for Mac.  :deadbanana2:

Also there's nothing so far about Augmented Reality. Probably pushed to 2023 so no one steals the ideas.

The iPadOS presentation was kinda underwhelming :emofish: 

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Like the power is there for Mac.  :deadbanana2:

Also there's nothing so far about Augmented Reality. Probably pushed to 2023 so no one steals the ideas.

That's what makes even more ridiculous. What's the point of parading great gaming tools when there's virtually no AAA games coming out on day 1 on Mac other than Arcade stuff? I swear their greediness it's what stops them from reaching their full potential.

All in all pretty disappointing WWDC this year. I was really curious about VR (although I don't even own or I'm interested in buying one in the near future). M2 was expected, so no real surprise there, and MacBook Air getting a glow up was nice to see. I need them to focus on Siri, additional integration with third party apps and services, improvements on core functionalities across the board not locked behind OS upgrades. Like, sharing stuff with people is cool I guess, but let's focus on what people are asking and are actually using in their day to day life.

30 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

My Audi has a whole virtual cockpit and and a separate screen. Having car play effortlessly flow to both screens would look immaculate :jonny: I was shocked to see Audi on the list since they’re pretty closed walled when it comes to The virtual cockpit and non-native applications etc. in my

experience 

They're really coming for legacy cars and their shitty UI/UX. :rip: Not even Tesla's software is that refined. :jonny5: The cockpit + extra screens seems a bit excessive since cars nowadays usually just have one 12 inch dashboard and lbr, OEMs won't be able to incorporate that much tech into their cars if it's anything less than a luxury vehicle. And I wonder if Apple has the leverage to go all out with that design in a Model 3 competitor since they def have experience in screen technology and the R&D to do pretty much anything. I think that was a big tease for their future EV which will use CarPlay at it's full potential and more than what we've seen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.