The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

MHT-new-apple-store-construction-on-chic

Apple Michigan Avenue

Welcome to The Apple Thread, ATRL's dedicated place for discussing all things Apple.

Whether in the world of personal or mobile computing, retail innovation, or general cultural significance,
this global, top-valued brand has broken some serious ground over its 40-year history.

So, welcome, and please respectfully enjoy your stay!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

I'm getting my phone and my watch tomorrow, I'm excited to see what that iPhone ecosystem is like and if people were just gassing it up or not :jonny:

My phone was on back order until the end of this month, but changed to the 15th and then it ended up arriving at the store on Tuesday :dies: I'm getting the 13 Pro Max 1TB in Alpine Green, a Starlight Series 7 watch and I was going to get my momma the purple iPhone 12, but ended up getting her the pink iPhone 13 because of a trade in deal. We eatin'!

I also ordered a few other accessories like the anker chargers and some casteify cases + air pods pro

f0e213e15178db7e4bf4b27329a64b74889ccafc

Edited by Bussea

• ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, Bussea said:

I'm getting my phone and my watch tomorrow, I'm excited to see what that iPhone ecosystem is like and if people were just gassing it up or not :jonny:

My phone was on back order until the end of this month, but changed to the 15th and then it ended up arriving at the store on Tuesday :dies: I'm getting the 13 Pro Max 1TB in Alpine Green, a Starlight Series 7 watch and I was going to get my momma the purple iPhone 12, but ended up getting her the pink iPhone 13 because of a trade in deal. We eatin'!

I also ordered a few other accessories like the anker chargers and some casteify cases + air pods pro

I hope you have a smooth transition into the Apple Ecosystem. :gaycat3:

On 4/15/2022 at 12:57 AM, Bussea said:

enjoy! Apple is the best when it comes to providing seamless experience.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, Bussea said:

You’re in for a treat :gaycat2:

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

I hope you have a smooth transition into the Apple Ecosystem. :gaycat3:

19 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

enjoy! Apple is the best when it comes to providing seamless experience.

1 minute ago, Zeferino said:

You’re in for a treat :gaycat2:

Thank you :heart2: I'm about to go get it in about an hour when my mom gets off :dies:

My MacBook Pro that I ordered in February just got pushed back to mid May :rip:

I wish they’d hurry up with the new iPad Pro’s. I’ve got the 2020 12.9 model and I’d like the new chip but can’t justify giving another £1500 for the 2021 model with the M1 chip. 

19 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

My MacBook Pro that I ordered in February just got pushed back to mid May :rip:

That sucks... Did you do a custom configuration? :confused:

1 hour ago, BeenTheShit said:

That sucks... Did you do a custom configuration? :confused:

Yeah (M1 Pro Max, 1tb storage, 32 processor), but it’s all good, it’ll get here whenever it does :weeps: 

I had a little trouble activating last night but everything's active rn

I'm just having a terrible time and transferring my music and pictures :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, Bussea said:

I had a little trouble activating last night but everything's active rn

I'm just having a terrible time and transferring my music and pictures :deadbanana2:

:gaycat6: 

15 hours ago, Starshine said:

Thoughts on the 14 Pro?

I can't wait until they can hide the sensors an cameras in 3 years. :rip: 

FQZoDzFX0Ac-gI1?format=jpg&name=medium

actually they can already hide the sensors behind the screen

the camera might take more years, even other brands are having a hard time to place the camera behind the screens

Apple is of course milking every notch possible rather than jumping to one hole notch before the notchless

so i think

2022 - letter i shaped holes

2025 - one circular hole

2028 - no notch or hole

16 hours ago, Starshine said:

Thoughts on the 14 Pro?

I’m still waiting for something revolutionary as the IPhone 10 :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, Starshine said:

Thoughts on the 14 Pro?

I prefer the notch if I’m being honest. 

14 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I prefer the notch if I’m being honest. 

if they just shrunk the notch, rather than making it into two-holes :biblio:

just like the right side of this picture which has a shorter notch than the left side

5 Notch Display smartphones under 5000 - 10000 || 5 Best notch screen  budget phones || MG MORE - YouTube

but making a smaller notch wont look that much different, making it more different than a notch even with two holes will entice people to buy since it will be actually much different than smaller notch

2 hours ago, supertiffany said:

the camera might take more years, even other brands are having a hard time to place the camera behind the screens

Apple is of course milking every notch possible rather than jumping to one hole notch before the notchless

so i think

2022 - letter i shaped holes

2025 - one circular hole

2028 - no notch or hole

Samsung already has one phone available that can do this and is a piss poor implementation. They always rush things to market just so they can claim they’re first no matter how unrefined it is. :skull: 

I think they’ll keep this design until they can perfect the tech. Obviously Apple’s design needs to be recognizable and the notch is iconic no matter how many people hate it. If all phones had a hole punch, it would be hard to contrast an iPhone from an Android from the front. This is why I believe the went back to a squared design while everyone is doing curved sides.

38 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Samsung already has one phone available that can do this and is a piss poor implementation. They always rush things to market just so they can claim they’re first no matter how unrefined it is. :skull: 

I think they’ll keep this design until they can perfect the tech. Obviously Apple’s design needs to be recognizable and the notch is iconic no matter how many people hate it. If all phones had a hole punch, it would be hard to contrast an iPhone from an Android from the front. This is why I believe the went back to a squared design while everyone is doing curved sides.

are you talking about the camera or the sensors? :biblio:

because if its the camera, that's not what Im referring Apple can

im talking about the sensors, the camera under the screen is not even possible now without compromise in quality.

11 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

are you talking about the camera or the sensors? :biblio:

because if its the camera, that's not what Im referring Apple can

im talking about the sensors, the camera under the screen is not even possible now without compromise in quality.

I don’t think Apple is resorting to a hole punch solely for the camera while hiding the sensors, they will find a way to hide both the Face ID sensors + the camera. And I think they’ll keep this pill + hole iteration of design for 4 years like the notch until they can hide the camera. The pill + hole punch makes it distinguishable from an Android which are all doing hole punches. 

21 hours ago, Starshine said:

Thoughts on the 14 Pro?

omg it's so ugly but i'll probably purchase :rip: 

can we get like.. a new design plz???? Apple hasn't been innovative in forever

2 minutes ago, Cheers said:

omg it's so ugly but i'll probably purchase :rip: 

can we get like.. a new design plz???? Apple hasn't been innovative in forever

They only changed the form factor 2 years ago with the iPhone 12. There isn't innovation in the smartphone industry in general and have plateaued. Design wise for a traditional phone: there's really not much Apple can do besides come up with an entirely new form factor: foldables. Samsung flips and flops with aesthetics, changing camera orientations, hole punch positions, just for the sake of having something "new". Apple refines their phones and makes them iconic whereas I can't even label a Samsung/Google phone because they constantly change the design language. Incremental changes is really apart of Apple's branding element no matter how many people complain. It's recognizable and everyone can tell an iPhone from an Android.

I have had ENOUGH of feeling like I’m typing on a brick wall on my 13” 2017 MbP with Touch Bar. Anyone here own the latest 16” MbP willing to share their experiences?

14 hours ago, supertiffany said:

Ehhh not exactly, one is an Infrared camera and the other is a near field dot projector, both of which suffer from the same issues the normal camera would face if it was behind pixels.  The dot project especially requires a clear and unobstructed path to project light onto the user's face with little to no distortion.  

9 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

I have had ENOUGH of feeling like I’m typing on a brick wall on my 13” 2017 MbP with Touch Bar. Anyone here own the latest 16” MbP willing to share their experiences?

It's wonderful.  Perfect amount of key travel.

i need them to release a larger air, 13" is not it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.