Girls5eva: Season 3 | Sara Bareilles, Renée Elise

Lee!!

• 3 months later...

I can’t believe this thread is dead, this show is made for ATRL! I just finished season 2 and honestly it’s my favourite show on right now. It feels like such a niche show for early 00s pop fans, I love it

2 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I can’t believe this thread is dead, this show is made for ATRL! I just finished season 2 and honestly it’s my favourite show on right now. It feels like such a niche show for early 00s pop fans, I love it

Season two is out?! Wtf?!

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Season two is out?! Wtf?!

Yeah I just saw that it was out on Now TV a few weeks ago lol, this show deserves so much better promotion. I should be seeing more tweets about this!

Love the music this season, even more than season 1. Wicke sounds so much like Gaga in Thinking About Myself :jonnycat: and Sara’s songwriting is insane and hilarious. This show just gets better tbh. It’s definitely filling the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend musical gap. BPE (Big ***** Energy) is their best song so far :toofunny2:

Edited by its_britney_bitch

1 minute ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Yeah I just saw that it was out on Now TV a few weeks ago lol, this show deserves so much better promotion. I should be seeing more tweets about this!

Love the music this season, even more than season 1. Wicke sounds so much like Gaga in Thinking About Myself :jonnycat: and Sara’s songwriting is insane and hilarious. This show just gets better tbh

I had no idea! My flat mate and I loved the first season. We'll have to check it out! :duca:

Not this show getting COMPLETELY snubbed by the Emmys this year :angry: At least they got a writing nomination last year, but now they got NOTHING??  I'm mad.

The fact that it hasn’t been renewed yet makes me nervous. I need at least one more season to wrap up the stories.

• 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Its renewed for season 3 on netflix. Love this show

Awesome! More people will see it on Netflix and discover the bop that is “Dream Girlfriends” :hippo:

Ah ****, I forgot this was going to Netflix, and I told my parents to drop down to the most basic plan so they can save some money :dies: 

Guess I'll be watching this while they're asleep (until they start enforcing the password sharing thing)!

Paula Pell said a few days ago that Season 3 is shooting in a few weeks!

• 1 year later...

I'm gonna keep the mystery and not watch the trailer!

I believe they're gonna treat this as a farewell season (which I appreciate) and will only do a season 4 if it's incredibly successful, which I'm not sure it will because it's comedy and it's... a musical. :doc:

• 1 month later...
  • ATRL Administrator

70ca68e3a86224e43f53614bb2b77beed3ee0e9e0d7fd4c8e6e003fffdacf7387f38da0040fe6b22

• Haha 1

Binged this yesterday and loved it. It's just such an enjoyable, easy watch. Plus the cast is all great. Glad it got another season.

I forgot about this! lol it was cute!

Loved the new season wish it had more episodes tho 

new season was great, as expected. the cast remains flawless (Sara actually has gotten even better) and the writing remains sharp and hilarious. the reduced episodes was felt though, and them ending on a cliffhanger when there’s no chance this is getting another season is a bit eeeeeh. 

the final episode was so good. 

Spoiler

Summer being the one solving the problem was so great. 

Would you recommend this show as something lighthearted? I’ve been looking for something new to watch?

Edited by plaidarms

1 hour ago, plaidarms said:

Would you recommend this show as something lighthearted? I’ve been looking for something new to watch?

absolutely! its a bright, quick and super funny comedy!

Gave the first season a watch and it's decent. Loads of pop references for music fans but the writing can be a little chaotic and cheesy. I'm actually disappointed Tina Fey couldn't have refined it a little. Sara Bareilles is interesting as an actress. I actually don't like the casting of Paula Pell. Like why is there someone nearly 20 years older. It's a constant eye sore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.