Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | November 2022

Blood Magic

Wakanda Forever is looking at a $57M True Friday, bigger than both Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2, despite having smaller previews ($28M) than both. for around $85M Opening Day. Really good walk-up ticket sales and great audience scores at far, a solid "A" Cinemascore and 5/5 stars from Posttrak. 

I can see this coming for $190M domestic opening weekend possibly. Would be really great numbers for a Chadwick-less Black Panther sequel. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• X~MoviePoP

• BNF91

• Broken

A cinemascore :clap3:

NWH — A+
Wakanda Forever — A

Shang Chi — A

Black Widow — A-

Love & Thunder — B+
Multiverse Of Madness — B+
Eternals — B

15 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Yeah the numbers might come in a bit lower than expected but lol in no way is this a flop. This will break even and profit very easily for Marvel. Cmon lol. 

Some of the original predictions were ridiculous, there was always going to be a drop without Chadwick, China support and the hype of Infinity War. 

This is a good opening.

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Wakanda Forever is looking at a $57M True Friday, bigger than both Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2, despite having smaller previews ($28M) than both. for around $85M Opening Day. Really good walk-up ticket sales and great audience scores at far, a solid "A" Cinemascore and 5/5 stars from Posttrak. 

I can see this coming for $190M domestic opening weekend possibly. Would be really great numbers for a Chadwick-less Black Panther sequel. 

That would be an incredible opening. The biggest November opening of all time easily and best of the year. I will say this will open at 170-180 but with stronger holds than both MOM and Thor which were completely front loaded. Very impressive without their star Chadwick

Edited by EnoughSaid

6 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Amazing film. Best marvel movie I’ve seen so far.

Namor can rail me ANYDAY and if daddy wants to burn the world I will be right there beside him :WAP:

the tribute scenes were beautiful and didn’t feel cheap at all. Very well done

Reveal hidden contents

Hated the CGI when the queen died. That was Dr Strange 2 levels of bad 

I still think the first one is their masterpiece but this one is second to me.

Tenoch huerta as namor really stole the movie imo. Dios mexicano :flame:

angela was ******* good too… icon!

also lupita showing ha Mexican side speaking Spanish :crown:

I forgot to say: Laayli' kuxa'ano'one is a ******* banger and my favorite song off the soundtrack :WAP:

1 hour ago, OneAndOnly said:

I forgot to say: Laayli' kuxa'ano'one is a ******* banger and my favorite song off the soundtrack :WAP:

Con La Brisa is a dream :jonny5:

This was incredible. The acting, visuals, story, cinematography ATE.

And Namor can do whatever he wants to me :WAP:

3 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Con La Brisa is a dream :jonny5:

My fav song and the sequence was magical!! Left me in awe!

Namor stole the movie imo :jonny5:

Angela Bassett :jonny5:

I left the theatre very, very satisfied :clap3:

Film was amazing but guys I sh*t you not, there was a group of teenage girls talking throughout the ENTIRE film it was so irritating oh my god 

On 11/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Seems like everyone hates riri williams

I loved her, like all of her jokes landed in my theatre she was so fun.

Dare I say this is one of Marvels best filmsss!!!! :jonny:

You can’t compare the 1st to this! They completely accomplished two different things. Ryan is so talented! Angela and Letisha Acted their behinds off!   I see Oscar’s for this one!!!!!!!

Somehow this didn't live up to the hype for me. It's a great movie for sure but way below the first one Imo. The action is sparse and the story is lacking.

Spoiler

Namor's motivation doesn't make sense at all sorry. Attacking the only country with vibranium all for a scientist who probably already shared her invention is a bad plan. It's like two atomic powers going to war. 

Also his long ass monologue as exposition dump for his origin is kind weak. 

I'm surprised they didn't go for the obvious option of having T'challa killed in mission (or succobing his wounds to keep the same beginning) by Namor or his people while searching for their vibranium. After all, Wakanda has spies all over the wolrd and it makes sense that T'challa might have heard about that alternative source of vibranium at the same time as the CIA. 

It also solves the issue of having a mysterious disease being incurable even in Wakanda. 

Angela Bassett deserves an Oscar nom for this

NAMOR :flame::jonny5: :worship2:

Con La Brisa scene :alexz:

ANGELA :weeps::jonnycat:

Someone in Hollywood was out to get Letitia! The way they dragged her name through the mud for a whole year before the film came out. :jonny: 

I didn't see the last one in theaters, so made sure to see this opening weekend.

I loved the story, cinematography, locations and the entire cast! The fight scenes had me shook.

Ramonda, Mbaku, Nakia, Okoye, and Namor stole the show. Pleasantly surprised to see Michaela Coel!

Almost cried at several points. I laughed a lot, the scenes with Riri and Letitia were my favorites. 

My friends and I were thirsting over Namor :jonny5:

Edited by kishi

It was okay.. it was great even, but the

second death just didn't sit right with me in keeping with the overarching message of the film, I don't want to use the term watered down I just feel like it was unnecessary, perhaps torture would have sufficed.

Otherwise I saw no holes in the story and namor is a great villain... 

I also don't think they explained well enough why namor is the only one with wings and pointed ears considering all of those people with his mother would go on to have offspring so the population could grow.. did I miss some dialogue that explained that betteR?

Edited by KasioKas

19 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Film was amazing but guys I sh*t you not, there was a group of teenage girls talking throughout the ENTIRE film it was so irritating oh my god 

I think i'm done with cinemas now.. I have a 4k tv in the comfort of my own home I don't need overpriced food (though in the UK you can bring in your own) and having to trust that other people will behave themselves. Someone kept kicking my chair so I had to move because it was distracting. It's not worth it just to see a film early.. 

I will say the entire opening scene

showing the funeral

was radio silence and it felt like everyone was holding their breath watching it, and that felt great.

Edited by KasioKas

Wait can we also talk about

Spoiler

how fine Micheal B Jordan looked? I saw it twice and each time I was so taken aback at how handsome he is :jonny6:

36 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

I think i'm done with cinemas now.. I have a 4k tv in the comfort of my own home I don't need overpriced food (though in the UK you can bring in your own) and having to trust that other people will behave themselves. Someone kept kicking my chair so I had to move because it was distracting. It's not worth it just to see a film early.. 

I will say the entire opening scene

Reveal hidden contents

showing the funeral

was radio silence and it felt like everyone was holding their breath watching it, and that felt great.

Sis I went to see it for a second time and the couple next to me talked for like 20 minutes straight until I told them to be quiet, and when I did the man in the relationship condescendingly replied to me “okay boss” like it’s a huge ask for someone to be quiet during a film :deadbanana4: cinema etiquette truly is out of the window. I’m very easily distracted by things like kicking or talking to so it’s especially annoying since I physically can’t concentrate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.