Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• X~MoviePoP

• BNF91

• Broken

On 11/27/2022 at 3:16 PM, Cheers said:

Trash: Flop and Thunder remains the WORST Phase 4 film :clap3: 

Fixed. :clap3:

$675 Million in 3 weeks, will pass 700M range in a few days and will end up as the 5th biggest film of the year by next week. All 3 Marvel films will be in the top 10 for another consecutive year 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

It will end up around 830M when all said and done. It still has another 15M-20M in the US and some from the rest of the world. 

Still worse than expected... But no one can say it's a bad result. 440M in the US is huge

Black Panther 2 is really soaking up the holiday coin. Big increases on Xmas ($1.55M) and Boxing Day ($2.01M) and holding incredibly well on Tuesday ($1.7M), next weekend will be bigger than the last too. Should do $10M+ over its 7th week and be just under $440M by Monday. $450M ain't dead yet. 

Still collecting some change overseas too. $2.5M this past weekend. Should see some holiday benefit too. Another $12-15M OS still to come. 

31 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Black Panther 2 is really soaking up the holiday coin. Big increases on Xmas ($1.55M) and Boxing Day ($2.01M) and holding incredibly well on Tuesday ($1.7M), next weekend will be bigger than the last too. Should do $10M+ over its 7th week and be just under $440M by Monday. $450M ain't dead yet. 

Still collecting some change overseas too. $2.5M this past weekend. Should see some holiday benefit too. Another $12-15M OS still to come. 

It looks like 440M is on lock in just about a week. 450M domestic sounds about correct. 

I think it will end up its WW run just shy from 850M

It’s performing about the same as Avatar in the US or there won’t be a huge difference at the end!  Goes to show that China would have helped here. (Not saying that this would have reason 2B but would have brought in more!

52 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

It’s performing about the same as Avatar in the US or there won’t be a huge difference at the end!  Goes to show that China would have helped here. (Not saying that this would have reason 2B but would have brought in more!

Of course. China and Russia added 250M last time. This would have topped 1B easy and even more with the same kind of release as the first movie 

I've seen this **** three times and it literally is still so stunning and I love it :jonny: Me and my friend missed T'Challa's funeral in the beginning though. It was her first time :chick3:

12 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Eh, Avatar will end up grossing at least $120M more in the US/Canada. Pretty stark difference. 

But still $450M for BP2 is nothing to scoff at. It's a solid total for a Black Panther-less sequel. 

(Actually it's now the all-time highest-grossing female led superhero movie domestically, passing Captain Marvel) :clap3:

This was good and made me realize just how stale, boring and bland Chadwick was in his role. Much better than the first. 

If the rumors are true of China finally letting Marvel show thier movies again, and this is getting a late release in January… it could possibly pull 900M+. Still great that it’s now the biggest female led Superhero movie ever domestically. I will admit I thought it would hit a billion, but it’s still a certified smash Hit for Marvel so I fine with it. 

Oh wow BP2 is gonna have a nice increase in its 8th weekend as well as leap back into the top 3 this wknd. Bigger than I expected. Might do almost $7m just over the holiday wknd. Will be at $440M already if that happens. 

Edited by BNF91

23 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Rumours swirling around an actual release in China.. 

Well as long as avatar gets all its money first

I liked it but everyone I went with said it was the most boring movie ever :rip:

they have been running for hours now 

Wonderful increases both DOM and OS this weekend for Wakanda Forever. Leaps back into the top 3 in the US/Canada! The film made nearly $20M this week worldwide. $819M total. $840M seems like a sure thing now. Maybe $850M if Disney wants to keep this in theatres all month (which it should). 

Edited by BNF91

:bibliahh:Ironheart Series better let her swear

Bucking the trend for recent MCU releases, BP:WF is enjoying some Incredible late legs. Down just 34% from it's boosted holiday weekend, this weekend is even bigger than two weekends ago!

$450M+ will happen and with MLK wknd right around the corner Wakanda Forever could make a play for passing Avengers: Age of Ultron domestically. Very impressive. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.